6 week marijuana abstinence. Paws?

Postby Blazedout420 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:53 am

Hi mate from what you say you sound exactly like me. I thought I'd lost my mind and all the things you say,trust me you haven't . The fact you say you are scared of how you feel and how you think tells me it's anxiety. You just have to break up the cycles keeping you locked in this vicious circle. Around 6 months I noticed things seemed better on some days only for other days to be back to square one. Try to stop checking online for answers once I overcame this I started to notice improvements when the anxiety reduces your thinking will slowly return to normal. Try to stop focusing on how you felt before and wanting to feel like you used to and focus on becoming who you want to be and not what you were. I still sometimes get caught up in this and it makes me feel shitty pretty quickly, you just have to try and let it go. There is no magical cure for this, time is the best healer and once you overcome this you'll be able to overcome anything life throws at you.
Blazedout420

Likes Received: 9

Postby tokes » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:55 am

you still going brah? aint heard nothing in a while...
tokes

Likes Received: 27

Postby Jamie514 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:42 am

Dbanfiel wrote:I started smoking marijuana habitually in 2008. I smoked just about everyday and a lot on the weekends. I never smoked before or during work. Pretty much any time I wasn't working. Then my girlfri be and I got engaged. The wedding planning was beginning to stress me out to I decided to quit. 2 weeks after quitting I experience some sort of anxiety attack but it went away. After that I didn't give it much though and I continued to be clean for 8 months. Then we got married. I felt such a huge weight of pressure off my shoulders that I started smoking the next day and on our honeymoon. Then I proceeded to start smoking heavily again for the next 5 months. Once I got to the end of my 2nd ounce over those 5 months I decided to quit. I guess at 34 I just felt it was time to grow up and I wanted to start having a family. A week after quitting I woke up at 230 in the middle of the night to sever panic attack. I went to walk outside in the middle of the night to cool off and I didn't go back to sleep until 7. The next week I experienced anxiety which tapered off throughout the week. Then, for the next 4 weeks, I felt just fine; normal. Then one Saturday night over dinner, 5 weeks from when I quit for good, the anxiety started to set in. Not a full blown panic attack but just terrible. I felt like I was also losing myself and my grip on reality. I didn't know what was going on and I'm scared to death. Now I'm in week 6 of abstinence. I'm still petrified. The anxiety and feelings of dread come and go but when they come on it's the worst thing in the world. I am deathly afraid I have damaged myself forever and I couldn't imagine living my life this way. I continue to excercise 4 times a week and I eat very clean. I haven't touched alcohol in almost 2 weeks as I'm afraid of how it will make me feel. I feel the lingering uncertainty in the back of my head. I have even started to meditate but when the anxiety is unbearable it didn't seem to serve me much purpose. I am currently working to set up my first appointment with a therapist. I want to find out if I will ever recover. I am reluctant to use drugs and they are the thing that may have gotten me into this mess in the first place. I also don't want to become addicted to something else. Does anyone have any advice or similar circumstances. Feeling fine the 8 months before my wedding when I first quit has certainly kept me guessing. I wouldn't wish this feeling on my worst enemy.
Dbanfiel

Glad to hear that, you are trying to leave weed. It's hard it if you do struggle, then so easy. Keep going man. You can also contact with your consultant for better experience.
Jamie514

Likes Received: 18

Postby Dbanfiel » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:50 pm

Hi all!

Thanks for checking in, and sharing all of your experiences. This sight and your responses have been immensely helpful in my own recovery. I appear to be getting better but the road to recovery is a slow one. I am learning to get as comfortable as possible in the discomfort of anxiety. Maybe i had a nervous breakdown?

I have no desire to smoke weed ever again. That's the easy part. The difficult lies in being the way i used to be before my life was riddles with anxiety and the unknown feeling that come from it. I just keep reminding myself that it has been only 6 months and better times await.

Interestingly enough, right now I find it hard to relax with friends or family and enjoy a drink. I cant seem to be able to have a few drinks without my anxiety coming on. Maybe its because I don't feel in control when I get "buzzed." Hopefully this leaves in time as well.

I also get intense feeling for no apparent reason. I hope these too are from the anxiety and not something else going wrong with my brain.
Dbanfiel

Likes Received: 4

Postby tokes » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:02 am

Yeah I used to get intense euphoria and then suddenly become intensely depressed all in the space of 12 hours. It's symptoms of your brain rewiring itself back to the balanced state it used to be in before you started smoking. There's no science behind it yet, but looking at everyone's experiences here that is the general consensus on these boards. Roll with them, take the punches, it's all part of the process.
tokes

Likes Received: 27

Postby Dbanfiel » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:40 pm

anyone have any positive or negative experiences taking antidepressants?
Dbanfiel

Likes Received: 4

Postby dhae2604 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:25 pm

Dbanfiel wrote:anyone have any positive or negative experiences taking antidepressants?

Hi Im curious How are you Dbanfiel now
dhae2604

Likes Received: 25

Previous