What does the word "forgiveness" mean?

Postby Carla2016 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:30 am

Thank you Catfancier42.
I decided to stop now because of new work opportunities.
I decided to move on now after 8 months of agony. I know that my personality has turned into a negative one in a few month. I am going to buy some clothes, go to the hairdresser, say hello to my family, buy some books and be ready psychologically for the next job!
Thank you + have a good day!
Carla2016

Likes Received: 0

Postby HumanB » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:14 am

And let them get away with walking all over you?
HumanB

Likes Received: 12

Postby bestcatcher » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:17 am

Hi Carla,

Good day,

Forgiveness is a hard words to utter even harder to do. Many of us uses that anger and pain to motivate themselves. Not forgiving someone can be hard on you and it can take is toll I think forgiving someone can release that chip on your shoulder. And like you have said it tends to makes us sad
I think forgiving and moving on is the key to stop the unhappiness.
bestcatcher

Likes Received: 5

Postby Carla2016 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:15 pm

Hi Bestcatcher,

Many thanks for your post...
I am trying to forgive myself first before forgiving the ones who triggered my resignation.
Deep in my heart, I know what kind of people they are: weak, miserable, envious, jealous and keen on hurting others to keep their job. But I am better than that.
I remember how awful the work environment was. The only joy - I had - was with customers during my trips and most of employees/managers there...My female was constantly harassing me. As an ex-PA, she did not want me to take her job.
I never wanted it...

Yes, many months of agony, stress, disillusion, anger were tough. People around me and some people in this forum have helped me though.

I recently got an entry-level job in a company with a good culture. After 2 successful interviews, they decided to give me a chance. One of the Directors even wished me every success at the interview. He does not rule out a future promotion (i.e I could get my job title back!! ) My previous employer replaced me with a younger lady. Nicer and easier than me LOL
Thanks Bestcatcher...wish you a lovely weekend!
Rgds, Carla
Carla2016

Likes Received: 0

Postby JuliusFawcett » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:31 am

Forgiveness is letting go of the burden of resentment, it lightens the load.

There is no need to blame anyone else for our current life situation.

Taking responsibility for what we do today is so much more empowering.
JuliusFawcett

Likes Received: 552

Previous

Return to Psychology