Coping with anxiety caused stress and mood swings

Postby HoveringHoolahoop » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:05 pm

Hello! I am new to this forum.

I am seeking some ideas and helpful tips on how to cope with some things that make (my) life exhausting and draining.
Don't quite know where to start, but various feelings inside me create a lot of muscle tension. I can seem pretty collected on the outside when I am stressed or have anxiety, but on the inside things are happening that make me totally exhausted in the end of the day. I have social and other anxiety issues, which cause me a lot of stress in every day life.The muscle tension is the worsed, in an environment I am not 100% comfortable, I will tense muscles and get horrible pressure behind my nose. forehead and jaw, this pressure can be verytiring and frustrating to live with, my nose and mouth will feel dry, and it is just very uncomfortable and in the end I will feel drained. I try and relax these muscles, but it seems almost impossible when stressed.

Another issue is strong feelings, I always feel things very strong. This makes me kind of "vulnerable", because if something upsetting happens, I get very, very upset, The feeling will drag me very far down, for a short time (because I can thankfully get back up quite quick). The way I feel is almost impossible to hide, the I need an outlet, like somebody to call, who will listen, because I feel I can not cope with such alone. Thankfully it soon is over, but until I am over what happened I will drain my self completely. Same happens with any feeling it be frustration, anger , sadness, love, happiness, always extreme. Though when none of these bother be, I sometimes feel almost robotically controlled. Any ideas for what could be a reason for this? And are there ways to control this? Is it just a personality thing?

Thanks
HoveringHoolahoop

Likes Received: 0

Postby JuliusFawcett » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:16 am

What relaxation techniques are you aware of?
JuliusFawcett

Likes Received: 552

Postby All in the mind » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:39 pm

Try breathing techniques to reduce your symptoms: http://www.clinicalhypnotherapy-cardiff ... echniques/

Check with you GP that you are in good health to exercise. Brisk walking, yoga, t'ai chi swimmimg are good activities to start with. Exercise can help with muscle tension and poor posture. Find something that you enjoy and you are likely to stick with it.

Therapy can help you change the way that you are perceiving your stress, social anxiety etc.

This "controlled" feeling could be related to your constant alertness. Ask your GP if medication will help.
All in the mind
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 25

Postby kyrani99 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:38 am

HoveringHoolahoop wrote:
Don't quite know where to start, but various feelings inside me create a lot of muscle tension. I can seem pretty collected on the outside when I am stressed or have anxiety, but on the inside things are happening that make me totally exhausted in the end of the day. I have social and other anxiety issues, which cause me a lot of stress in every day life.The muscle tension is the worsed, in an environment I am not 100% comfortable, I will tense muscles and get horrible pressure behind my nose. forehead and jaw, this pressure can be verytiring and frustrating to live with, my nose and mouth will feel dry, and it is just very uncomfortable and in the end I will feel drained. I try and relax these muscles, but it seems almost impossible when stressed.

Muscle tension, pressure behind nose, forehead and jaw, dry nose and mouth after this tension are all signs of subconscious anger. You need to resolve the issue of injustice and /or violations that are happening to you to get rid of the bodily reactivity. While you have anger you will have resulting bodily reactivity. And you may need to discover what issues they are.

HoveringHoolahoop wrote:Another issue is strong feelings, I always feel things very strong. This makes me kind of "vulnerable", because if something upsetting happens, I get very, very upset, The feeling will drag me very far down, for a short time (because I can thankfully get back up quite quick). The way I feel is almost impossible to hide, the I need an outlet, like somebody to call, who will listen, because I feel I can not cope with such alone. Thankfully it soon is over, but until I am over what happened I will drain my self completely. Same happens with any feeling it be frustration, anger , sadness, love, happiness, always extreme.,

To me this indicates that you are underhandedly influenced and in particular by concealed threats. Being concealed the person is unable to appraise their resulting bodily reactivity. But such reactivity is appraised based on idea in mind but these ideas are suggestions only. However they are concurrent with the concealed threat and the reason this is done is not to do physical harm but to cause you to appraise ideas wrongly or more intensely.

HoveringHoolahoop wrote:I sometimes feel almost robotically controlled. Any ideas for what could be a reason for this? And are there ways to control this? Is it just a personality thing?
Thanks

This is NOT a personality thing but underhanded maltreatment by people you know and maybe also trust. I have made a short series of 5 videos that explain the foul game play. I have called them the Underlying Conditions of Disease because they can be used to cause an unsuspecting person to react as to suffer either mental or physical problems.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nxUl19 ... AuxWZ2DzEg
Together it is 1hr 40 mins but I have made each video on a separate issue so they can be seen one by one (shortest video is 12 to longest video is about 30 mins )

Once you see how the foul games are played you can realize that the bodily reactivity is unrelated to the ideas. Normally we empower an idea using associated emotion. Toxic people know this so they look to create issues that will cause the person fear and hence heightened bodily reactivity but under conditions where the person is unable to appraise it properly.

Then they present an idea mentally, which can only be done where there is relationship and more specifically reasonably close relationship. The snare is to get the person to wrongly appraise the idea. So for instance underlying fear may raise the metabolism significantly. When, in addition, an issue of injustice is created or a violation (which the whole of the foul play is anyway) then the person get angry but they feel more angry than they would have been.felt when there is no underlying fear reactivity in the body.

To get out of this situation you must challenge the ideas and not appraise them based on your bodily reactivity because they are only coincident and not associated.
kyrani99
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 19

Postby HoveringHoolahoop » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:27 am

Thanks! I do find exercise helpful, especially excersise where I have to push myself a bit. Breathing and relaxation excersises I have not found so helpful, but I definitely feel I should rest more often, close eyes and just rest. I guess stressful conditions over a long period have exhausted me, but I suppose I just have to live with it to an extent, because redusing stress is not always possible.
HoveringHoolahoop

Postby JuliusFawcett » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:33 am

Why do you believe that reducing stress is not always possible?
JuliusFawcett

Postby HoveringHoolahoop » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:06 pm

JuliusFawcett wrote:Why do you believe that reducing stress is not always possible?

Because life can be ridiculously stressful, haha!

And if you are a person who easily gets stressed, or a person who is living a life that contains more stress then the average person, you just have to cope with it, possibly to just survive.

You can't always just have a powernap at work always when you need it :o You can't just go to sleep at times you need to be alert.

It is strange though, I have always had a lowish bloodpressure. I don't feel stressed necessarily in any other way then muscle pain in the head, jaw and face, and perhaps hyperventilation at times. This can be very tiring and it seems the only medicine is to just shut off completely. I have tried breathing excercises and such, it doesn't really help me personally.
HoveringHoolahoop

Postby JuliusFawcett » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:17 pm

Life can be ridiculously stressful, and that is when we have the choice to respond in a different way in order to maintain our health and happiness.

Because taking on stress to survive happens, and also letting go of stress to survive happens.

Is the life you are currently leading more important to you than your health?

Yes, you can always take a powernap, you might get the sack as a result, and only you can choose to live a healthy life.

I'm not recommending that you take action that might lose you your job, I got the sack when I chose to look after myself rather than allow my boss to work me to death, it was the best choice I ever made. I now have a different job and work for a boss that is perfectly happy for me to have a good balance between work, rest and play.
JuliusFawcett

Postby HoveringHoolahoop » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:37 pm

JuliusFawcett wrote:I'm not recommending that you take action that might lose you your job, I got the sack when I chose to look after myself rather than allow my boss to work me to death, it was the best choice I ever made. I now have a different job and work for a boss that is perfectly happy for me to have a good balance between work, rest and play.

I am not in a position where I can easily get another job that is less stressful or any other job, and bills have to be paid for the next 50 years or so.. :-P
HoveringHoolahoop

Postby JuliusFawcett » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:39 pm

Oh well, it's only your health :)
JuliusFawcett

Postby HoveringHoolahoop » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:58 pm

JuliusFawcett wrote:Oh well, it's only your health :)

mhm... what can a person do...
HoveringHoolahoop

Postby JuliusFawcett » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:11 pm

Trust your instinct, listen to your body, it isn't lying to you, look after the basics

Are you eating the right amount of healthy food? (no junk)

Are you drinking the right amount of healthy drinks? (no alcohol, caffeine or fizzy)

Are you taking the right amount of healthy exercise?

Are you getting a good balance between work, rest and play?
JuliusFawcett

Postby kyrani99 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:33 am

HoveringHoolahoop wrote:
JuliusFawcett wrote:Oh well, it's only your health :)

mhm... what can a person do...

I would start looking for another job. You don't need to leave or even tell anyone. In one job interview that I had I told the people that I was in a job I didn't like and hadn't said I was looking for another job. And I told them that there was not good team effort and a lot of stress as a result. They understood. AND I got the job even without a reference.

When you tell yourself that you can't get another job then you put out a directive to the Universe that stands against you. Here try Jack Canfield's 10 day FREE online training http://jackcanfield.com/transformation/
kyrani99
Preferred Member

Postby kyrani99 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:37 am

JuliusFawcett wrote:Life can be ridiculously stressful, and that is when we have the choice to respond in a different way in order to maintain our health and happiness.

I agree with this but the life style choices you gave below is not the answer. You got to know how others are trying to hassle you and set up affirmations that overcomes their efforts. Then you can stand against it, even eating junk food and being a couch potato.
kyrani99
Preferred Member

Postby HoveringHoolahoop » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:51 pm

I just started my job a few weeks ago, am getting more the hang of it now, so I am less stressed, but still too stressed. sometimes I think that to eliminate all stress perhaps I should not work at all... that would be a bad choice though, especially with my student debt.

Getting jobs where I live, is for me very tricky, here it's all about networking and connections, getting a job on an application alone is rare, there are not many jobs available, and there are lots os qualified people with long experience. I also have a type of social anxiety that makes networking that is required almost impossible. I have almost no face to face anxiety, depending on the response,I don't have anxiety to ask questions if I know exactly what I want, but anxiety of connecting with someone I do not know anything about, anxiety of not being viewd as competent on face value alone because of prejudicees, or generally just not being or giving an impression of not being good enough.

The way the capitalist society we live in is constructed is very much -> to get anywhere, if you are not absolutely naturally gifted, you must push your self or be corrupt, to get to the top you must push yourself to the extreme or be successfully corrupt. If you are not absloutely naturally gifted, and do not want to push yourself nor be corrupt, you must be happy with doing work other people do not want to do, these jobs can be simple, but can create a different types of stresses. Since I am not hugely naturally gifted, and do not wish to be corrupt, I have to push myself or do a simple job that does not require a lot mentally and that usually is badly paid. I have chosen to push myself, which has created stress, so ofcourse it is choises, but I actually like my field of work and find it very interesting and fun, but I am always worried that I am not good enough and I have to push myself extra just to survive in the business.

So changing job or field is really not a good option at the moment, therefore I am looking for survival techiques that I have not tried yet. LIke if anyone has any suvival techniques they could share it would be interesting to hear. Like breathing techniques, and other, if anyone can describe or link to someting.

;-)
HoveringHoolahoop

Next