The World Feels Fake

Postby MilleniumAngel » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:57 pm

Whenever I am walking outside, every thing just seems so fake. i can't think of myself as inside this world, but rather a spectator. Sometimes the world goes 2D, but usually my senses aren't warped or anything so I doubt it is derealisation, or at least, isn't that bad yet. Because I feel so disconnected, I feel like I could kick a kid over and no one would notice. For some reason it only happens outside though. Sometimes I see things which aren't there but only for a few seconds. And it feels different from the usual, "Oh that man was just a coat, oops," but more of a,"AHHH! Wait, how did I see a bag as a moving tortoise, or a piece of string as water thrown from a cup etc?" I don't understand how something immobile can seem like a mobile object, and why so random and bearing no resemblance to the original object? Pretty embarrassing in public when you keep screaming for no reason and every one just laughs at you :/ Just wondering if anyone else gets that feeling too?
MilleniumAngel

Likes Received: 0

Postby Introspectah » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:02 am

'

Could you be moved to spontaneously [or arduously try to] recall memories dating back to the earliest stages of this sense of disconnection from physical reality?

''
Introspectah
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 52

Postby MilleniumAngel » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:12 pm

Thank you for the reply, and sorry I got back so late.

I have only been feeling like this since September, but it is on and off. I will experience it for a few days, then not experience it for the next set of days. The first incident happened in the school canteen. I was talking to my friends and suddenly stopped and spaced out instantly. I imagined myself in a white room with nothing inside, and me sitting in it, but it felt so real. My friend then repeatedly called my name and when I finally heard her and snapped out of it, found myself almost head planting into the table.

The second time was in a car park I was going through to reach a bus stop. Every thing suddenly seemed 2D, almost as if I were reading a comic strip, and time seemed to flow slower. There were a few kids next to me with their mothers and I felt as if I could kick them over without their mum getting mad at me. As if consequences ceased to exist. After I exited the car park I think the world reverted back to its usual self. Now, I just feel disconnected half of the time, as if I am not immersed in the world but separated from it, but I still see the world in first person, just as if the world is more distanced from my body, if that makes sense.
MilleniumAngel

Postby silverdy357 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:42 am

I can relate to this for sure.
silverdy357

Postby Marais » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:11 pm

People will defenetly notice if you kick a kid on a street, expecially if the kid is with the parents. For the rest, you should go to a doctor and get diagnosed. You cant seem to function properly in the society.
Marais

Likes Received: 6

Postby MilleniumAngel » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:52 pm

silverdy357 wrote:Active topics
Unanswered topics

Phew, glad I am not the only one ^^'

Marais wrote:People will defenetly notice if you kick a kid on a street, expecially if the kid is with the parents. For the rest, you should go to a doctor and get diagnosed. You cant seem to function properly in the society.

I know, I know, which is why I don't actually kick them over, I just have the feeling of it. I probably will bug my doctor about it after I sort out what I am already bugging him about.
MilleniumAngel

Postby JuliusFawcett » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:13 pm

More meaning comes to life when we focus on improving the quality of our relationships
JuliusFawcett

Likes Received: 552

Postby MilleniumAngel » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:57 pm

JuliusFawcett wrote:More meaning comes to life when we focus on improving the quality of our relationships

I consider myself to have good relationships with others, I really do try to sustain all of my connections with people, for instance still keeping in touch with people from my primary school weekly and people who live 4 hours away and I haven't seen for a couple of years... I feel supported by my close friends and can tell them anything.

Despite this I do feel a little out of touch with reality at times because of how I sometimes perceive the world as fake, and do often have a feeling of emptiness, although I think the feeling of emptiness is normal.
MilleniumAngel

Postby Roady » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:31 pm

MilleniumAngel wrote:Despite this I do feel a little out of touch with reality at times because of how I sometimes perceive the world as fake, and do often have a feeling of emptiness, although I think the feeling of emptiness is normal.

The love of Christ has fulfilled my own emptiness

I don't think that emptiness is normal.
According to the bible, this world isempty because of the lack of love (that is: the presence of God).

Maybe it makes sense to you.
Roady
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 28

Postby maxicozy » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:16 am

Have a peek at: depersonalization / dissociative disorder.
www . strangerinthemirror. com/questionnaire.html

perhaps that point you to other areas to explore. Good luck.
maxicozy

Likes Received: 1

Postby TheCloud » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:18 am

MilleniumAngel wrote:Despite this I do feel a little out of touch with reality at times because of how I sometimes perceive the world as fake, and do often have a feeling of emptiness, although I think the feeling of emptiness is normal.

I don't know about your delusions/hallucinations/derealizations, and suggest that you seek professional council on that. However, about your feeling of emptiness, I will say that it is not normal, if normal is the same as healthy.

Actually, to be precise, emptiness is not a feeling like an emotion, it is a thought or an idea. So going backward from your thought of emptiness, what is your emotion about this emptiness?
TheCloud

Likes Received: 82

Postby MilleniumAngel » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:15 pm

Oh, I hadn't noticed I had some new replies, sorry about that.

Roady wrote:The love of Christ has fulfilled my own emptiness

I don't think that emptiness is normal.
According to the bible, this world isempty because of the lack of love (that is: the presence of God).

Maybe it makes sense to you.

I am religious and I understand what you are saying, but God can only comfort me temporarily. I feel loved so I don't think it is because of the lack of it, but thank you for the suggestion.

maxicozy wrote:Have a peek at: depersonalization / dissociative disorder.
www . strangerinthemirror. com/questionnaire.html

perhaps that point you to other areas to explore. Good luck.

Thank you very much for the link, it has enlightened me. I got a score of 44 which is apparently severe depersonalisation, which I was surprised about to be honest. I have read the symptoms of the disorder many times on the NHS website and never thought it properly applied to me, so I will probably ask my doctor about it in the future.

TheCloud wrote:I don't know about your delusions/hallucinations/derealizations, and suggest that you seek professional council on that. However, about your feeling of emptiness, I will say that it is not normal, if normal is the same as healthy.

Actually, to be precise, emptiness is not a feeling like an emotion, it is a thought or an idea. So going backward from your thought of emptiness, what is your emotion about this emptiness?

I would say dissatisfaction and irritation at myself for being empty, if that is of any use.
MilleniumAngel

Postby TheCloud » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:13 am

MilleniumAngel wrote:I would say dissatisfaction and irritation at myself for being empty, if that is of any use.

It is of use. What needs can you think of that might be behind these feelings? Needs include things like clarity, support, and satiation.
TheCloud

Likes Received: 82

Postby Nanette Sales » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:23 am

I can feel how it is. I can say that I have been in this situation before but I keep my hopes up and never gave up.
Nanette Sales

Likes Received: 2