Logic nation or troll nation?

Postby Marais » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:59 pm

So i dont know if you guys have heard about Athene, he has always just trolled on his youtube channel. The guy thinks he is going to start a psychological revolution and that he has discovered a secret and alot of people are saying how its helping them but its mostly people from his cult or the fanboys.

Ive watched the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drcseH-7hpw
the guy is saying how all your problems are going to vanish by just loving logic or whatever.

What do you think about it?
Marais

Likes Received: 6

Postby Roady » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:10 pm

This guy is acting like he has invented the wheel.
But if I watch the video, I cannot discover something new.

You recognize the tree by his fruit.
Don't be too impressed by only words.
Roady
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 28

Postby JuliusFawcett » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:40 pm

Yes, he is enlightened and he is changing the world.

Look for the logic of you, your creative voice, look in the mirror, allow fear to dissolve, allow your logic to be aligned with your journey.

Easy to say.

Euphoric when you realise how powerful it is.

And then there are the haters :) :) :)

How you gonna deal with them?
JuliusFawcett

Likes Received: 552

Postby Marais » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:53 pm

I have looked into it more and alot of people are saying how it has helped them alot and how they ahve stopped smoking from one day to another simply because it is not logical anymore. And its logic that guides them.

I will watch the documentary that was uploaded recently and see how it goes.
Marais

Postby JuliusFawcett » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:06 pm

Yes, logic is the language we would use to program a robot.

How would we program the perfect human?

Eat the right amount of healthy food (no junk)

Drink the right amount of healthy drinks (no alcohol, fizzy or caffeine)

Take the right amount of healthy exercise

Get a good balance between work, rest and play

Forgive easily, accept everyone as they are

Do good, be good

Be happy to be alive

Do the things you enjoy that do not harm yourself or others

Contribute to society

Be friendly

Spend your money wisely

Wear sunscreen :)

It's easy to live a logical life when we ignore the people who would like to control our behaviour for their own purposes. When we live a logical life, we soon find out who our true friends are, the ones that are happy for us to be ourselves. Fear of losing the people who do not like us to be the best version we can be of ourselves is a big barrier to happiness.
JuliusFawcett

Likes Received: 552

Postby AliseOX » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:17 pm

Although unique I think I will need a deeper look.
AliseOX

Likes Received: 3

Postby laureat » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:06 am

Idk who this guy is i will check that later but still want to say there are people who invent their own "religion" and sure someone may be impressed/fooled

Belief is powerful,

When someone really believe person x is helping them, religion is helping them, whatsoever bs is helping them, the truth is , its really helping them, because of confidence, passion whatsoever has been strengthen
laureat

Likes Received: 110

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:08 am

Marais wrote:What do you think about it?

Snake oil.

It takes 2 minutes of him trying to convince you how great life will be if you just follow 4 steps. But, only he can give you this secret recipe and he is creating a documentary, but wants to give you a taste.

Anytime someone says they have a new secret to life that will revolutionize the world, RUN!

Now, this video of him is highly edited to make him look bad. Still, look past the editing. Do you see a person with a secret? I don't.

https://youtu.be/rYSYSe0v-6g

Some people are delusional. They truly believe they have a secret they need to share and regardless of evidence to the contrary they simply ignore. This guy has as many likes as dislikes, that is a great indicator what he is selling is bunk.

When people feel they are truly helped, when something has impacted their lives in a positive way, when it has inspired them, they give it a thumbs up. When you see a 10 to 1 ratio or higher of liked to dislikes, you can see the evidence that a positive impact is being made, that what the person is saying is having a positive impact.

Now, be careful, because some with YouTube and other social media channels disable the likes/dislikes buttons. When you see this, definitely distance yourself from their advice. They are hiding and ignoring the negative impact they have spread. Right Julius?
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 1127

Postby Marais » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:48 pm

I am not so interested in the likes/dislikes as its mostly plebeians that are rating the youtube videos.
I have asked this question here to get a little bit smarter people to give me their opinion on this. My first guess was that its just another one of his troll videos.
Marais

Postby Betsy90 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:52 pm

@Richard@DecisionSkills Thanks for elaborating. I agree that these guys are scam. We shouldn't listen to anyone that makes us question our inner self. This is post-truth era where facts doesn't even matter, because people use facts to get their agenda out. Same whit Hillary and look what happened to her.
Betsy90

Likes Received: 0

Postby cainbreck » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:10 pm

I don't even understand how you can't see how this is just a scheme to brainwash people. They probably want to devoid humans from emotions and follow their logic or their god or whatever. ISIS does the same with their followers. No emotions for others, just kill by following their brain dead logic.
cainbreck

Likes Received: 1

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:13 pm

Betsy90 wrote:...This is post-truth era where facts doesn't even matter, because people use facts to get their agenda out.

I'm not sure when there ever existed an era of truth where facts mattered any more or any less.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Postby Betsy90 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:51 pm

@Richard@DecisionSkills I mean cults like these uses truth to bring their agenda across. That is why truth is not relevant anymore. Hillary stated truth, she lost.
Betsy90

Likes Received: 0

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:02 am

Betsy90 wrote: I mean cults like these uses truth to bring their agenda across.

I agree, various people/groups use what they believe to be true to get their agenda across. I still don't see where that is different than any other era in history.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Postby Marais » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:03 am

So half of you is saying its good half its saying video is bad. Im going to stay neutral for now.

This is the new documentary they have released

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXDw73rToPE

talking more indepth
Marais

Next

Return to Psychology