Weed Free for 2 Months

Postby shetty » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:05 pm

Hi All

I have been going through all the posts on this forum from a few days and it has helped me get through some very bad days. I have been smoking on and off for over ten years now. I have been smoking everyday for the past five years. I quit cold turkey 2 months and 9 days back. I had severe muscle spasms in my back which left me leaning towards one side and unable to walk or sit. The doctor after a physical exam ruled out the need for a MRI and asked me to take rest. I also consulted a sports medicine doctor who put me on a physiotherapy program which seems to be helping.
However I keep having slight numbness and dull ache in my left leg. I am getting paranoid about this searching the internet for symptoms. I am worried I might have some nerve or vascular issues, but the therapists laughs it off.
I also have other symptoms where I keep getting light headed in the middle of the day. I visited a doctor of Internal medicine for a regular checkup. The BP came a little higher than expected. Though I have always been extremely over weight I never had a high BP reading. The doc has asked me to have several BP readings over three days. I am fluctuating between normal and borderline with high Pulse rate most of the times.
All this is making me crazy with paranoia but the only thing calming me down is the posts I read on this forum. Thanks to everyone who has shared their experiences and kind words. I hope my concerns are withdrawal related. The silver lining is
that it is motivating me to loose weight and I have started on that. Praying that I will be posting again in the coming months and blaming all this on withdrawal :)
shetty

Likes Received: 3

Postby bpn21 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:34 pm

I don't post often but I had to reach out because i've gone through what you are. Whatever it is, paws/anxiety....it's not going to kill you. The numbness in the leg is something I was dealing with for several months along with several other physical symptoms that I couldn't make sense of. Of course that lead me to googling. I can't tell you how many diseases I was self diagnosing myself with. I was so paranoid -- I started seeing a therapist which has helped tremendously. I've learned a lot about my thought processes and tendencies to be hypersensitive to my bodies feelings. Anxiety has something called psychosomatics which is if you dwell on something physically you're only going to enhance the sensation. The high blood pressure can be from anxiety as well, although if you feel you could be healthier then definitely take action on that. Please don't dwell on physical symptoms. I know you may have developed a distrust with doctors because you feel they may be missing something, but understand that you weren't experiencing these things until you quit smoking weed. You must remember that. Anxiety is a bitch and can wreck havoc on your body and the more you dwell on the physical sensations it gives you the worse off you're going to be. Best you can do is go on with your life and focus on hobbies and improving yourself. Don't sit around and wait for this all to go away -- its too long of a ride to do that. Stay busy and use distractions. Before you know it the leg numbness will go away and you'll prob have neck pain or some other sh** that anxiety shifts to. Shifting symptoms are normal. Stay positive and stop googling. With time you'll be fine.
bpn21

Likes Received: 1

Postby shetty » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:47 am

I am so glad you replied. Thank you for that.

Though I still have symptoms I mentioned in my last post, just the thought that some one else has gone through this and recovered from it gives you the strength to hang on.

For anyone who is just started to quit, I want to add that it keeps getting better. Initial days were much worse, followed by a couple of days where you feel really good. However the anxiety/ PAWS creeps back again but with a lesser intensity. I have a lot of body fat and I sometimes feel it is harder for me as there is a lot of MJ stored in my abundant fat cells :D

No more googling for symptoms , I think I will feel much better if I can stick to this.
shetty

Postby Vm5287 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:55 am

Hi Shetty , I'm new to all this but I'm also 1 month off the mj and the anxiety has also been kicking my butt lol. At first it was so bad I kept having migraines,mini panick attacks , light headness, insomnia, pain on chest and shoulder etc.. (which I got worried from googling my symptoms & visited the doc to ensure my heart was ok & thank God it was) .. what I've been doing for about a week is getting some mid intensity cardio( enough to break a sweat for about 30min) while listening to House music to lift my mood lol which a has really helped my sleep and anxiety. The only bad thing about it , is that now that I get sleep I've been having some crazy nightmares! But I read that is normal after quitting .. anyways good luck & blessings!
Vm5287

Likes Received: 0

Postby shetty » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:42 pm

Good Luck Vm5287. I am actually over the sleepless phase. I am having nightmares too, but it isn't too bad. I had my appointment with my Physcisian today. He did note that my BP is on the higher range, but just asked me to change my lifestyle and diet for a month and visit him for a follow up. He has also ordered some other tests including ECG, which I think is good for me considering I am overweight and have been leading a sedentary lifestyle. He has no idea about the withdrawal I am going through, he has prescribed .25 mg of Xanax once a day in the night. I don't think I will be taking it, don't want to be fighting another addiction :)

I actually feel good in the morning followed by a crappy afternoon which gets better in the evening. I start getting anxious again before I go to sleep, however since I know why this is happening it is becoming easier to cope. I sometimes wish I could fast forward life a year ahead to leave this all behind. However I think this my lesson to never do Marijuana again. I am thinking of writing a journal, because I know 6 months later when I start feeling better my mind will start convincing me to try weed again. I will have the journal to remind me how hard the quitting was.
shetty

Postby Vm5287 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:18 pm

Thank you Shetty! Trust me if you have the time go for a 20 or 30 min walk at your nearest gym and listen to your favorite music! It will help your heart. Also your brain produces endorphins which make you feel better and happier reducing your symptoms of anxiety! Trust me it works ! Stay away from caffeine too! And please DO NOT take Xanax! I made the mistake of taking it for just 3 months and I went from having no anxiety to ending up at the ER twice with a horrible panic attack because I missed a dose trying to quit it cold turkey .. not only that.. right now the doc gave you .25mg daily, but in a month he will have to increase the dose and to get you off he will have to tamper you.. otherwise you run the risk of even having seizures.. just google Xanax and you will see.. it literally took me a year to recover from that and I haven't been able to be the same since then .. anyways Good luck and trust me, excercise is the best therapy for anxiety.. as well as reading proverbs and psalms at night to ease my mind .. but I respect everyone's religion tho, at the end of the day is just whatever works for you!
Vm5287

Likes Received: 0

Postby shetty » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:16 am

I took your advice started working out and I did feel better. I am also monitoring my BP and heart rate, these became normal last week too. However all this seems to be in cycles. Things are back to how it was since yesterday. I have been sweating in my palms and Feet again. Had a scary episode of Back pain too. My BP and Heart rate are high again, but BP is not as high as it used to be in the last cycle. Hope it keeps getting better.
When I am feeling better there is some craving to smoke again too, not that I want to fall for it again. When the withdrawal comes back the cravings go off too. The cravings are easier to deal with than the PAWS.
I am keeping an electrolyte mix with me wherever I go and keep sipping it , seems to help. There are a lot of posts about BP and heart rate going high during withdrawal but I don't see anyone updating about how long it lasts. Hopefully the cycles keep getting shorter. 84th day today ! Will be free for three months soon.
shetty

Postby shetty » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:01 pm

Checking back on this thread. It will be 4 years since I quit this month. For anyone else just starting the quit journey, it will get better, way better. Good luck.
shetty

Postby SparkleFly12 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:51 pm

How are you doing these days? Are your physical symptoms gone?
SparkleFly12

Likes Received: 36