Masturbation Guilt

Postby spiderboy » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:37 pm

Hello,

I am a 22 year old virgin man. When I was about 7 or 8 I went to confession at church and the priest told me that masturbation was an extremely serious sin and that God killed Onan for doing it, so I should stop immediately if I want God to forgive me. Ever since that day I have felt a very strong guilt after every time I masturbated.

I researched a lot and I found out that Onan's sin wasn't masturbation, but the fact that he didn't want to have children, which is a totally different thing. I know all this now, but even if I know that he wanted to scare me so as I don't do it anymore, what the priest told me at that moment had been engraved so deeply into my mind that I simply can't get rid of it. I think it's in my subconscious and the guilt comes like a reflex.

I'm afraid that it will be the same with sex too. What is there I can do to change all this? (or maybe you also believe it is a sin?)
I really need help.

Thank you and have a Happy New Year :)
spiderboy

Likes Received: 0

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:03 pm

spidery wrote:...What is there I can do to change all this?

The priest lied to you. I would ask, what else did the priest lie about? It stands to reason if the priest lied about Oman then he probably lied about other aspects of the book. And is lying not a sin?

Maybe instead of just learning about Onan, you should consider reading more and making up your own mind about right, wrong, and sin. Don't trust another person to interpret a book for you, especially when that book can have such a major impact on the decisions you make and the path you travel in life.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 1182