Masturbation Guilt

Postby spiderboy » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:37 pm

Hello,

I am a 22 year old virgin man. When I was about 7 or 8 I went to confession at church and the priest told me that masturbation was an extremely serious sin and that God killed Onan for doing it, so I should stop immediately if I want God to forgive me. Ever since that day I have felt a very strong guilt after every time I masturbated.

I researched a lot and I found out that Onan's sin wasn't masturbation, but the fact that he didn't want to have children, which is a totally different thing. I know all this now, but even if I know that he wanted to scare me so as I don't do it anymore, what the priest told me at that moment had been engraved so deeply into my mind that I simply can't get rid of it. I think it's in my subconscious and the guilt comes like a reflex.

I'm afraid that it will be the same with sex too. What is there I can do to change all this? (or maybe you also believe it is a sin?)
I really need help.

Thank you and have a Happy New Year :)
spiderboy

Likes Received: 0

Postby tokeless » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:30 pm

Ain't nothing wrong with masturbation. Religion is full of such nonsense.. w**k away guilt free..
tokeless

Likes Received: 323

Postby Roady » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:41 pm

spiderboy wrote:I researched a lot

So you did study the bible yourself?
That may be a good starting point, proving that that priest wasn't telling you the truth.

Can you tell the truth about God, according to the bible itself?

Do you somewhere read that you only can "be forgiven" by doing or not doing things and if you don't do it, God will destroy you completely?
Roady
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 28

Postby laureat » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:08 pm

you have to decide rather you want to follow a religion or not
i would say better create your own religion, your own rules
laureat

Likes Received: 117