guilt & shame!

Postby pranjal.saxena » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:56 pm

i am in hell lot of a guilt and shame over a mistake committed by me. It is there to such an extent that sometimes i want to end my life and end this misery along with it. is there a way to erase that event completely from my memory by hynotherapy? like it never happened? i want to enjoy things again, i want to be happy again...i want to be motivated again..i want to lead a normal life like every other person. Please help!
pranjal.saxena

Likes Received: 0

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:03 pm

Will erasing your memory be the solution each time you have a memory you don't like, so you can be happy? No. That is not the solution. You need to learn to deal with guilt and shame, learn from what happened and then move forward in life.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 1128

Postby pranjal.saxena » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:05 am

Not every time..just for once! I have never asked for anything like this before..but I really want it this time to live.. I can't accept that I have committed such mistake..is there a way to erase my memory?
pranjal.saxena

Likes Received: 0

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:06 am

No.

THINK!

Do you think you are the only person to do something they really regret or to experience a major trauma in life? You think other humans that have been in war or been abused or committed a heinous crime would not love to simply erase the memory?

IF there was a way to erase a memory, it would be sold by the bottle. There would be no more depression, no PTSD, no regret, because everyone would go around erasing whatever memories they wanted.

Okay, there is one way. It is a technique popular in the 50's and 60's. It was used in mental institutions. It was a surgical procedure called a lobatomy. It removes part of the brain and you walk around like a zombie the rest of your life.

And then you have the option to just get drunk or high all the time so as to avoid thinking about it. That is an option some take.

But, the option I recommend is to stop believing that a memory can control your life. I guarantee there are people that have memories much worse and yet they live a happy productive life. The healthy thing to do is not trying to hide, but to accept and move forward.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 1128

Postby HumanB » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:49 am

What was the mistake? Say it.
You need to learn to live peacefully with it, when it enters your mind, so that it doesnt charge emotion, that is how it is done. Not thru denial or trying to forget.
HumanB

Likes Received: 12