An idea for quitting weed - could it work?

Postby HikerOfTheSoul » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:13 am

Hi,
Yeah thanks for the article, I've read it in the past but eventually forgotten about it. It was a nice reminder.

I agree with the points you've stated in your first post, eccept with the fact that weed is addicting and you run the risk of becoming a pothead, while ADs aren't and you shouldn't be stoned on them (only for a short adaptation period or if the medication is not the right one for you).

But yeah I think that talking about depression we should definetely look more into cannabis as a remedy, and I mean refine it and reach a standard that doesn't get you "high" in the proper sense of the word but still improves mood and relieves anxiety. Something with low THC and high CBD, CBN and THCV. I'm thinking a sort of AC/DC-Super Lemon Haze hybrid, in the form of pills.

That would be something I would be very keen on trying.
But I guess there is still a long way to go.

For your situation I would advise you to wait with 5htp and start with Tryptophan, which is a precursor to 5htp and should be more easy to absorb. Don't take it after having eaten, and don't eat anything for at least half an hour after ingesting it.
Then I had some mild results with Magnesium and SAM-e, but your mileage may vary. St. john's wort is something you could try too, it's fairly potent.

I tried this all myself but ended up having to resort to medication and it has honestly been the best decision I've made during my now almost a year long recovery period. We are all different though, so again your mileage may vary. That's the most frustrating thing about this whole situation, it's just a continuous process of trial and error. All I can say (and it applies to me only) is that I probably should have gone on an AD much sooner - it would have saved me an extreme lot of suffering.
Still that's me and you may have a completely different story.

We should still keep in mind a hard truth about depression: when it does recede spontaneously you can go back to living a normal life, but you still run the risk of falling back into it and with each episode it becomes more difficult to fight it. It reinforces its own pathways in the brain. That's why I'm scared to put everything under the PAWS label. We could be doing more harm than good and not knowing anything about it. Or I may be entirely wrong (I sure hope so).

Good luck! I hope you'll find a path you can walk with confidence. I'm sure you can make it.
HikerOfTheSoul

Likes Received: 52

Postby cleanofgreen » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:41 am

Thanks for the reply Hiker

I've decided against taking the 5-htp and instead get back into strenuous exercise and good diet to get me up to the 6 month mark and then I will re-valuate from there as many mention the 6 month mark as a turning point for them. I know the strenuous exercise and healthy diet worked for me in the first few months of withdrawal and I've let it slide in the last month and things have gotten worse. So I've a little over a month to get to the 6 months mark and am dedicated to exercising every day till then, eating healthy, taking omega3, vit B complex and doing 20 min meditation. I've had enough of this sh1t and am determined to get out of it.

On the CBD idea you had, I agree that a cbd only strain would ease the transition from chronic abuse to zero thc. There are very high CBD strains available and 1:1 ratio strains like CBD SkunkHaze with 5% THC and 5% CBD which would definitely ease the transition. I had intended to use CBD SkunkHaze as a transition to being clean but had access to other high grade buds also and found myself using both (hence the addict) so just had to go cold turkey. In hindsight I should have gotten rid of everything but the CDB weed and smoked that for a couple of months before going cold turkey and I would say it would have been a lot easier. Anyway that's water under the bridge, and I am now 5 months clean and intend to stay that way.
cleanofgreen

Likes Received: 128

Postby HikerOfTheSoul » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:09 pm

I want to say that your determination is admirable, keep going strong!

About 5htp I think you made the right decision... Exercising is good because it increases metabolism and releases endorphins and endocannabinoids, also opiates.

You could add vitamin D to your daily regimen, it helps and the vast majority of people is lacking it. Also walking in the sun is good for that, or one of those lamps that are used for SAD. I once tried it and felt energized after, maybe it was placebo but it worked.
HikerOfTheSoul

Likes Received: 52

Postby Dr. Aftab Uddin » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:13 am

New research shows that one of the biggest hurdles standing in the way of ending marijuana use is withdrawals. When you will go to quit weed- withdrawal symptoms which develops are real.
Symptoms like insomnia, some physical symptoms- chills, abdominal/stomach pain, headache, sweating, palpitation, and some other mental symptoms like anxiety, panic attack, depression, pshycosis may develop during withdrawal period. So you must need to more concise about withdrawal symptoms when you go to quit weed smoking.
Now i want to discuss about overcoming withdrawal symptoms after quitting. Quitting weed only become success when you avoid urge to weed smoking (craving) during withdrawal period.

Cannabis withdrawal's: Good Night's Sleep :

The function of sleep is unknown but it is required for good health. Sleep is controlled by the reticular activating
system in the upper brainstem and diencephalon. It is composed of different stages that can be visualised on electroencephalography (EEG).

Regularization Of Sleep Rhythm:

*Try to go to sleep within 11 pm to 12 am and get up in the morning everyday at the same time.
*Get as much as natural sunlight possible.
*Move strenuously during the day—don't take sit for more than an hour.
*Limit intake of caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, and big meals at night.
*Take time for relaxing activities before sleep.
*Create a calm and restful sleeping environment.

Getting in sync with your body’s natural sleep-wake cycle, or circadian rhythm, is one of the most important strategies to get a better sleep. You’ll feel much more refreshed and energized if you keep a regular sleep-wake schedule. You can try to sleep the same number of hours at different times or can alter your sleep schedule even by an hour or two.
Control your light exposure: Melatonin is a hormone controlled by light exposure that helps to regulate your sleep-wake cycle. Dark light stimulate melatonin secretion from your brain that makes you more sleepy and less when it’s light- make you more alert.
Exercise vigorously during the day time. Regular exercisers sleep better at night and feel less sleepy during the day time. Improvement of the symptoms of insomnia and sleep apnea occurs if you exercise regularly. It can also restore your regular sleep rhythm.The more vigorously you exercise, the sleep benefits become more powerful . Even light exercise such as walking for just 10-20 minutes in a day- can improve your sleep quality.

You Can Try following Techniques To Relax Your Body -

Deep breathing exercise technique: Lie down in your bed and close your eyes. Take a deep breath and slowly release it. Repeatedly do this and try to make each breath deeper than the previous one.

Gradual muscle relaxation: Start from your toes, tense all the muscles of your body tightly as you can, then slowly relax. Work your way from the toes up to the top of your head.

Imagine a place: Close your eyes and try to imagine a place that can make you peaceful and calm. Concentrate on that how relaxed this place makes you feel.

Cannabis withdrawal's: Psychosis- Panic attack, OCD, Anxiety, Depression:

Various mental issues has significant role to relapse again like anxiety depression. You become successful when you will able to recover them smoothly. There are several issues, techniques and medications to make you success by overcoming each & every symptom smoothly.

How long time it take to clean your body from THC, what about drug tests for marijuana, how long it become positive if you are a regular smoker and and other informations and techniques briefly described on a article named "How to ease cannabis withdrawal symptoms and anxiety" on healthtion commercials. You may gather more knowledge about withdrawals from this article.

With regards'
Dr. Aftab Uddin
Registered General Physician.
Dr. Aftab Uddin

Likes Received: 4

Postby endofthebag » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:14 am

It could work it's worth trying anything is worth it for your freedom. for me I felt the best way was just stopping ive tried weaning myself and I eventually just fell back into the same cycle of consumption I've smoked heavily for 25 years and I'm into my fifth month clear now,
The first two weeks were tough this last week I've had a sudden surge of cravings but I've found that just doing nothing is the best way to get through the cravings.
Sounds crazy just doing nothing, but it seems to work, the time and cravings eventually pass.
I think the main thing is not to punish or hate yourself for smoking it and just let yourself go through the process of stopping.
endofthebag

Likes Received: 2

Previous