Successfully Recovered from Weed PAWS after 20+yrs of smokin

Postby Transformer » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:41 am

All good buddy how about you send me your Facebook details and we can chat
Transformer

Likes Received: 15

Postby Markdaniel » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:34 am

I am Bluey Brown on fb from Forster the picture is of a cave sorry didn't know it went over the page the posts
Markdaniel

Likes Received: 0

Postby Markdaniel » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:04 am

5 or so months into quitting a 22 year weed addiction and life sucks. I cannot shake this depression I feel distant from society in my own little world of misery. My gf wants to go on a holiday I show little interest but I really want to travel. I wake in morning 5.30-6 and can never get back to sleep now even if I'm not working. I have headaches, tension in forehead, body aches and energy levels low. It really is an effort at the moment. I have had a month off work back now but really can't function properly the smallest tasks are an effort. I feel a few good moment but generally I'm stuck in my head. I worry that I will loose gf as I have nothing to talk about its all an effort now before I used to talk all the time. PAWS is a nightmare and I'm struggling to keep it together it all seems too hard but I don't want to smoke anymore I'm 40. Toughest and hardest time in my life I feel for anyone who has gone or is going through this.
Markdaniel

Postby Markdaniel » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:06 am

Transformer there is also a picture of a vegemite jar and myself
Markdaniel

Postby Lucy0611 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:32 pm

Hi Transformer,
Im about 10 months in and I still struggle with bad paws. :cry: Today is such a hard day... Your post give me so much hope. Thank you :)
Lucy0611

Likes Received: 7

Postby Markdaniel » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:10 am

Hello Lucy we could chat if u would like on fb as I need support.My details are in previous posts
Markdaniel

Postby Astro413 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:34 pm

Hey Transformer, thank you for your post as I read it every day for encouragement. I do have a question though, if you care to answer. At the end of your post you mention you still deal with depression, is this a lingering symptom of PAWS since the effect can last up to two years or is this something you had dealt with before weed? Thank you in advance.
Astro413

Likes Received: 23

Postby BullFrog » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:01 pm

Mark, if you are having trouble reaching Transformer even through facebook, just share your e-mail. If, however, you don't want to give out your personal e-mail for everyone here to see, then just create a new one just for this website. I did that for a couple of people and they sent me an e-mail and now we are in contact with one another. Quite frankly that is the easiest way to do it.
BullFrog

Likes Received: 53

Postby BullFrog » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:02 pm

Also, Transformer, perhaps you can create an e-mail just for this website so others can have an easier time contacting you and also protect your private personal e-mail that way as well. Just a thought. :)
BullFrog

Postby dannyb80 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:27 pm

I'm 37 and like you been smoking pretty much everyday since about 15, and really need to quit as it's ruining my life. I have tried to quit in the past but only to relapse and get back into the habit. It is really driving me crazy, I was having thoughts of suicide but I do not want to let this beat me. I feel totally helpless, I run a business and that is suffering, I am single because I mess things up every time I get into a relationship due to my smoking habit. I need to get over this and make things right, thank you for the inspiration.
dannyb80

Postby BullFrog » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:39 pm

Hey Danny. The good news is that you realize how smoking is sucking away your life. The fact that you are posting here also shows that you are seeking help. This forum is a GREAT resource. Spend some time through the forums and read up on everything you can. Also, have you considered some therapy to help with the suicide thoughts? It always helps to have someone to talk to who can give advice and give accountability on a regular basis.

I have no doubt you can quit this habit and bring a whole new era of possibility and light to your life. Keep posting here. Share your thoughts and feelings. The more you tell us the more we can give specific advice to help.

Fight on!
BullFrog

Previous