Another One Bites The Dust

Postby Gitana » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:29 am

Thanks NatureGirl! Yup, 6 months, who knew? I for sure have had ample time for that deeper look on myself haha.

Speaking of which, would you say that weed changed you? You seem to be surrounded with some old friends, or acquaintances, and maybe some who do not smoke - would you be able to ask some of them who ve been knowing you for very long, if they find you different today?
What i m trying to know is wether or not our attitude towards "companionship" in life is the result of our path, or something that was kinda there from the beginning.

As a teenager i wanted a significant other in my life, but when i had one, it wasnt very long before i started to get a little bit bored of them. Somehow, while being happy having them, i ve never ceased contemplating the idea a life "without" them - and that idea has always been a tempting option.. So now, i enjoy being single, but i m wondering how much of a role that weed thing (and its effect on our social habits, cognitive abilities and more) has in this :)
Gitana

Likes Received: 35

Postby Gitana » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:30 am

Thanks SoberChic, you re a beacon for me - how are you and how do you see the weed thing after such a long break?
Gitana

Postby Soberchic » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:16 pm

I dont have many cravings at all and i finally feel like my brain is healing..i sleep alot in the morning i feel like my body if finally being able to rest without being anxious..i have these weird headaches still..i heard it can take another 6 mo to totally recover..but i feel amazing all in all.
Soberchic

Likes Received: 46

Postby Gitana » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:48 pm

Amazing sounds good!

Bravo for letting your body res: what are your sleeping hours?
I wake up naturally 6 hours after going to bed, though i wish i d sleep longer - i m told i should put myself to bed earlier.

Thanks for useful update
Sorry for the headaches: were you prone to them "before"?
so brain keeps on healing after a year, that s crazy how gradual that is right?
Gitana

Postby Soberchic » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:57 pm

Yes i never had headaches beforle like this..i noticed the same headache in the beginning..now i have it again and my teeth hurt when i have it. I go to sleep about 11 but i have trouble waking up still.before i couldnt sleep in the morning i would toss and turn..so weird never knew it would take this long.. I wake up at 8 usually on a workday..on my day off i can sleep till 10 solid..crazy ..sometimes i still get these mild chills..so weird..hang in there love hearing from people that continue on their journey
Soberchic

Postby Gitana » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:25 pm

Weird indeed. I relate with tooth pain too: never had anything, and dentist confirmed a few month ago that i had nothing there, yet i feel pain regularly. I didnt think it could be related to MJ, but now that you mention that.. Are you taking any painkiller? MJ used to be quite efficient to numb pain in the brain - that s why i kept some in case.

So you sleep like 9 hours, wow, that s cool!
I feel quite tired after 6 months, and could easily go back to sleep right after i wake up, you still have that after 1 year?
Gitana

Postby Soberchic » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:49 pm

Ive heard of tooth pain but i think hopefully its gonna be last of paws.. At 6 months i didnt feel rested like i do now..i hated 6months cause i was so achy and i couldnt go to bed but i was super tired all the time. Yea i get eye pain with my headache too but i remember feeling this at 4months.. I do feel overall very happy..only painkiller i take is motrin..im also a recovering opiate addict so i cant take anything else.. I take prozac which i started at 9 months..hopefully at my next check up i can see how i do off meds.. I smoked daily for 18years..so i guess it wouldnt be as easy as i thought
Soberchic

Postby Gitana » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:52 pm

I see - indeed you ll have quite a few new molecules to get rid of at some point - although they seem to have helped you well in the meantime. From your symptoms, it sounds like you suffer from migraines, are you prone to them? (i am, and weed would help there, not always but often)

It s cool to hear you re being monitored - does your physician know all about your habits?
Gitana

Postby Soberchic » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:59 pm

Oh yes my doc knows everything..i ve been clean from everything else for almost 6 yrs..you might be right maybe i do have migraines and never knew it..
Soberchic

Postby Gitana » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:09 pm

I had migraine for a year (daily occurence, one sided, pain in the eye, tears, lasted for about 1hour, then gone) before i (a doctor that i reluctantly went to) put a name to it. Acupuncture fixed it for a while, then weed too. Now i just try to relax when i feel it coming, mostly successfully.
Gitana

Postby Soberchic » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:13 pm

Thanks gitana ill try acupuncture
Soberchic

Postby Gitana » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:27 pm

Good idea - it really did wonder on me - overnight! Hope you re that lucky
Gitana

Postby Gitana » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:47 pm

Update - funny but since we talked about it, tooth pain sort of disappeared (posting this as a reminder) - not sure if anyone else had that, nor what it was from, but sure hope it wont come back..
Gitana

Postby Soberchic » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:55 am

I think the prozac could be making my headaches and eye pain too..im gonna try to come off of it and see if theres a difference.
Soberchic

Postby Gitana » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:45 am

Doesnt sound like a bad idea to come off of any addictive med for sure - keep us posted!
Gitana

PreviousNext

Return to Addictions