Day 10 of not smoking.

Postby Sean Don » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:57 pm

Its my 10th day of quitting weed..I had good days in the beginning but today is worse..I feel like its the first day all over again.Im super anxious,aggresive and have am unending headache and cant sleep.
My head is still as cloudy and I feel no difference.My emotions are all over the place today..I dont think I can do this anymore I just need a blunt.
Sean Don

Likes Received: 6

Postby cleanofgreen » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:36 pm

Don't do it, think of all the reasons that you quit in the first place. Take it one day at a time. Try keep yourself busy till bed time, a walk, run, swim, sex anything to get to tomorrow.
GOOD LUCK
cleanofgreen

Likes Received: 165

Postby Quinnster » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:45 am

You can't expect things to get better in 10 days. Keep at it. It does get better.
Quinnster

Likes Received: 19

Postby johnmckee » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:13 am

Think about how hard the first couple of days were. Sometime it takes a while to see how far you have come. I remember 3 months in where I thought that there was no progress, but then I looked back at how I left after 1 month and it was obvious. Keep at it!
johnmckee

Postby oldashelljoanne » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:15 pm

Keep up the good work!
oldashelljoanne

Likes Received: 0

Postby Sean Don » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:55 am

Thanks guys...I was able to overcoming the feeling and I am now on Day 16
Sean Don

Postby PotFreeMe » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:21 pm

Congratulations on getting to day 16 and not giving in to the urge to break your fast.

I have just made it over a month now and my clarity of mind is back, i'm getting vivid dreams and I have more energy to do things and I'm getting on better with the people around me.

I've been having hot baths every night to relax me and this has worked a treat. I also watch TV and go out more to keep me distracted.

People in my work are saying I look more healthy now and my girlfriend says it too. I have more colour about me and I don't look ill like I used to.

I hope you keep at it and be proud of yourself as you have done an amazing job so far.
PotFreeMe

Postby Jamie514 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:28 am

Please don't do it. Control your mind. Try to pass your time with your family members and try to forget about smoking. You know mind power is everything in such case. So just control your mind. This article has great information on stopping weed: http://canadiancentreforaddictions.org/ ... d-forever/

Hope you will get it useful
Jamie514

Likes Received: 18

Postby Quinnster » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:20 am

Keep going Sean Don,
I'm at 2 months and a week. You will not regret this. Concentrate on the positives you are seeing. My mind is really coming back now. Big improvement from 1 month. Keep it up!
Quinnster

Likes Received: 19

Postby Inthemeantime710 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:53 pm

It definitely takes a while to adjust to no smoking. I don't advise cold turkey ever when quitting heavy use due to how it affects dopamine regulation. I'm surprised people aren't telling you to seek out CBD oil. It will literally stop half of your symptoms while your body clears out the thc. There's no reason to put yourself through hell when there is a safer and less invasive way to clean up. But, good work on staying quit. I just reduced my daily habit to maybe a puff at night or only a weekend day. It's a very helpful herb or anxiety and depression but over time, the will turn on you if abused.
Inthemeantime710

Postby cleanofgreen » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:00 am

Some just can't moderate their weed intake, one puff turns into a full joint and and then 6 months of every day use. It's like telling an alcoholic to only have a few beers on the weekends.

I like the the idea of using CBD oil in the first few months of withdrawal to clear out the THC without all the nasty side effects, might have saved me the hell I went through in the first 6 months. Although having gone through that hell is probably whats going to keep me from relapsing in the future as I just couldn't go through that again.
cleanofgreen

Likes Received: 165

Postby Inthemeantime710 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:21 pm

Yea I totally can get behind that mindset. It's too bad how potent weed got. It used to only have 3% thca. Now it's anywhere from 10% to 20%. Add was in the mix and serious withdrawal occurs.
Inthemeantime710

Return to Addictions