Quitting weed after 20 years

Postby ScottMoore » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:48 am

If you want me or anyone else to respond, please go to your post.

No reason for us to be disrespectful to this persons thread. I'll discuss with you if you want but not here, or on any other thread. Either respond there or post one yourself. Either is fine with me.
ScottMoore

Likes Received: 43

Postby ScottMoore » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:50 am

Who said I smoked cigarettes anyway..

viewtopic.php?t=105673
ScottMoore

Postby lag » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:12 am

ScottMoore wrote:Now that's funny for real. You've completely justified your use of pot because you don't want to give it up. It's just that simple and you know it.

Man, that's a whole lot of work you've committed to to convince yourself it's okay to be stoned. You even sound high. I thought you were here for a reason till I re-read your stuff.. I now see what your reason is.

Dude, smoke if you want to. It's okay. Toke em up. I couldn't care less and don't think anyone else does either. Have one for me come to think about it. I don't hold it against you, never will.

So who did nicotine kill? Mom, Dad, brother, sister..?

A whole lotta work???, just curios, cause, I'm clueless, what work???.
Varenicline is the pill, its effective, drs offer it for a price, BUT it is worth it, as it will work by interfering with receptors. It has its side effects, but definitely for me the good out weighed the bad, I personally experienced no negligible SE though many do for, one eg....... a barrister desperate to quit, couldn't justify the slight memory lapses as it would compromise his clients, I came across another reported pill that works dr prescribed;, Bupropion or zyban could be a good alternative, BUT what I didn't know and want on stand by is a herb 'cytizine' the seed of a wattle tree, there are other herbal addiction interrupters such as boronia blue lotus passion flower as patches, they helped me after the prescription finished,[psychological???maybe] it is no good I feel as a cigarette or pot substitute to smoke instead of pot or bacco, but it could be particularly good when and IF busting is inevitable[stress sleepless whatever] true, IT can and will and does happen,
Addiction interupters are supposed to help with any and all addictions, cigarettes pot and coffee??? but definitely if circumstances prevail, USE THE HERBAL MIX AND NOT THE TOBACCO. true allday smokers are not benefited by being slow and dopey, but if you in pain???don't get religious about it and fall into SELF CONDEMNATION insomnia can be torture, or headaches or asthma
but no self condemnation, one step back has got to be better than 2, then get up and go like it never happened, ''the day count psychology is just that, psychology'' the starting over mentality can does and will spark procrastination, disappointment depression which greatly contribute to the ongoing circular saga of potcigarette,
also heroine etc addiction. There is a very effective herb for heroine addiction, very effective, and it will substitute heroin, it will energize, no withdrawal
I have probably told you little or nothing, but it is all researchable and at your finger tips
lag

Likes Received: 0

Postby lag » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:26 am

ScottMoore wrote:Sorry Sawyer74, it just dawned on me we're pi**ing all over your thread...

woops, me too sorry
lag

Postby Marksy » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:29 pm

Been reading some of the posts with inspiration for once, been 3 months off the weed and struggling not with temptation of weed but just getting my head straight. I've smoked for 20 years but decided I wanted to give up, first month was easy but the next 2 months have been hard. Reading the threads on here have give me some hope.
Marksy

Likes Received: 4

Postby ScottMoore » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:55 pm

Hi Marksy,
Start a post and rant n rave with the rest of us..lol. It helps to get it out. Has me for sure. Glad you're here.
SM
ScottMoore

Postby Marksy » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:46 pm

Cheers SM can't see how weed is better than cigarettes their both bad hopfully I will quit cigarettes once I've got over the weed situation lol
Marksy

Postby ScottMoore » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:34 pm

Lol, I'm definitely not a tobacco advocate. Please excuse lag's confusion.
ScottMoore

Postby lag » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:50 am

You told me you could revolutionize the world if I were serious concerning the antidote for tobacco addiction, you even quoted me on several occasions.
Well I answered you with the relevant information, even suggesting further cures for other enslaving addiction.
Could you please direct me to those posts of yours as I would like to re-read and possibly respond
cheers
lag

Postby lag » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:58 am

ScottMoore wrote:If you want me or anyone else to respond, please go to your post.

No reason for us to be disrespectful to this persons thread. I'll discuss with you if you want but not here, or on any other thread. Either respond there or post one yourself. Either is fine with me.

What are you talking about.
i answered the queries you quoted me on. I can see neither, the quotes nor the posts to which I responded.
lag

Postby lag » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:25 am

RiF wrote:Lag, you are right about tobacco, you are wrong about cannabis. Weed has the potential to ruin lives, especially in teenagers where it zaps motivation and zest for life. I used to think the same as you, so assume we are just at different stages of our journeys.

I am 5 months clean after a 25 year habit. I regret wasting so much of my life being stoned, but appreciate my ever improving life and clearing mind. I regret being emotially and mentally detached from my family and friends for so long. I regret wasting so much of my energy on finding excuses to get stoned.

Good luck with your journey, i am very confident that weed will catch up with you eventually.

What happened to the post you and Scott wrote concerning me,. I was going to respond, but i felt it appropriate to respond to his requests first
You directed posts toward me I was happy to respond to. But since responding with effective cures for tobacco addiction, I am unable to locate them.
Computer illiterate.
ps
quote; I regret wasting so much of my energy on finding excuses to get stoned.
Were the excuses made by you to you?
quote;, I regret being emotially and mentally detached from my family and friends for so long.
Sounds like clinical depression that is offset by uncontrolled addiction
lag

Postby sunshine24 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:54 am

Lag, dude, why are you even here?
If you want to smoke weed, then go for it, no one is stopping you. If you want to smoke cigs, again, its your choice.
Person who started this talked about quitting weed, so if you have some insight or want to help, post, but why hijack a thread to post about your sacred holy tobacco war?
Make a new thread if you have problem with cigarettes, and other likeminded people will answer.
I see no point in your posts, I only read 1 but others seem the same.
And yes, weed is addictive. The legalize marijuana movements are saying its not, but for me at least it is. There are a lot of people who don't depend on it, but there are also bunch of people like me who have a problem with it. I'm not opposed to it being legal, if tobacco, alcohol and meds are legal, everything else should be.
They say cocaine is addictive, well, I never had a problem with it. Alcohol too, haven't had any problem with moderating that. I do however, have a problem with weed. It just suits me best, and I can barely control myself.
It is different from person to person, and if you don't have a problem with any substance, why are you here?
sunshine24

Likes Received: 8

Postby ScottMoore » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:45 pm

viewtopic.php?t=105673

Please redirect lag to his post every one....
lag, if you don't like that one... Start your own. Stop pissing on others posts plz.

If you're pc illiterate, the little thing at the top is a link to your post. I made it for you to talk about your tobacco issues..
ScottMoore

Postby lag » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:58 pm

JoeBloggs wrote:Lag you talk like a psycho. Do the 100 day challenge of no weed then come back to us and say it is not addictive.

If you can do one day weed free I commend you and I doubt 100% you'd come back and say the killer weed is not addictive, some people will smoke tobacco till death do them part, chronic addiction for some is not weakness, it is extremely unfortunate and a hideously wicked get rich plan epidemic that has covered the earth like a black cancerous cloud
lag

Postby Marksy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:59 pm

That's what I thought this was for, if you want help an chat to people on here about giving up weed then make a comment , help each other and support. If you want to smoke weed then no problem everyone to there own... weed is addictive lag smoke one then you want another, I've smoked 20 yrs an in my experience it is addictive as well as cigarettes.
Marksy

PreviousNext

Return to Addictions