Weird thoughts on a date

Postby winzer » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:14 am

I went out on a date a couple nights ago. As we interacted more and more I began realize some disturbing thoughts in my head. (Internal thoughts) This person is just way to happy to be normal. She is just way too nice and it's getting on my nerves. Maybe she's got an agenda. Maybe she's compensating or something. (end internal thoughts). I don't know why I thought this, they seemed to come out of no where. Did you ever get that feeling where someone is too nice or too happy? Or maybe I'm just cynical.

Another set of thoughts I had. Whatever activity I was interested in she seemed to be interested in. I don't know why, but I was questioning whether she was being genuine or not and that disturbed me.
winzer

Likes Received: 1

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:44 am

winzer wrote: Maybe she's got an agenda.

I'm not a big fan of over happy and agreeing with everything I say, but it sounds like first date jitters.

Yes she has an agenda, same as you. She wants to feel accepted, to not be rejected, to make a good first impression. She was nervous.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 1081

Postby Livetowin » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:02 am

I agree with Richard. She was likely just being polite and accepting since this was the first date. I wouldn't read too much into that. If you enjoyed your date, then set up another one and see if that dialogue evolves. I would also take that dialogue in a different direction and get off the topic of you and turn that towards her and see if the two you have similar backgrounds and genuine opinions on life that would justify continuing this process.
Livetowin

Likes Received: 86

Postby angelal » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:12 pm

It's hard to get to know someone on the first date. Maybe she was nervous and didn't know how to respond. You could give it some more time.
angelal

Likes Received: 2