Weed Paws - Am I schizophrenic

Postby baggyjeanzz » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:52 am

So I've been off weed for 5 months now, and although initial anxiety is gone, depression, fatigue, disassociation, and social anxiety are still very much prevalent. This I can somewhat deal with, however the fear that I'm becoming schizophrenic is really eating away at me. No real paranoia, since first came off weed when I felt everyone was looking at me, and had this feeling as if i'd been cursed. But the way my thoughts connect in conversation is rarther strange, for instance my friend said he thought his hair looked like Romeos, which made me think of the song Romeo and Juliet by Dire straights, almost everything reminds me of something kind of connected. I read that one of the symptoms is scattered thoughts, which I thought that might come under. Also I find myself repeating what others are saying and even copying what I see in movies after it's been done sometimes. I'm an actor so initially I thought I was just sort of practising in a way, but after seeing mimicking behaviour is a symptom that is also worrying me. Inability to enjoy anything - but think this has more to do with coming off the weed. Had some inappropriate responses......So yeah, not sure how much is normal and if i'm making a big deal out of it, or I'm going crazy....just really scared and in a bad way right now, if I was sure I wasn't going crazy I think it would make withdrawl a lot easier.

Baggy.
baggyjeanzz

Likes Received: 3

Postby HumanB » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:08 am

How old are you, how long had you been smoking weed, how heavy was your habit?
Well done on taking control.
HumanB

Likes Received: 12

Postby baggyjeanzz » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:35 am

I'm 20, been smoking daily since around 16, atleast 2 or 3 joints a day.
Cheers!
baggyjeanzz

Likes Received: 3

Postby edgyjayyy » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:44 pm

Hey bro just wanted to let you know that youre not the only one. Im going through the same thing right now and im 4 month from smoking weed. Im not sure if its withdrawals some people say that they felt like theyre going crazy after quitting smoking. Right now im really scared and paranoid too. I dont feel the same as i use too. One night i kept thinking of schizophrenia and it really made me paranoid that i couldnt sleep and i had a panic attack which made it worse. Right now im really worried about hearing voices and hallucinating. I dont want to go crazy. I keep overthinking it. You still have a chance. Keep your mind busy
edgyjayyy

Likes Received: 1