Paws Weed 6 months

Postby Charas » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:16 pm

Hi all and thanks to everyone for their contributions; I am still experiencing symptoms and am wondering if these have anything to do with weed withdrawal as it is now 6 months since I last smoked. My thoughts are can I be sure these symptoms are Paws, could they not just be how I am naturally without weed? Could it be that weed was acting as medicine for an underlying chemical imbalance in my brain? I have always suffered with anxiety and depression, even before starting smoking at 16 years old (am now 60). The symptoms are the usual posted on this forum; fog brain tight band on head; head pressure etc acute paranoid anxiety deep deep depression

perhaps I am just looking for excuse to smoke again? It is taking so long!

Have been a heavy smoker; last few years smoking 2 months on 6/7 weeks off; wake and bake when smoking; in past did smoke for many years without break;
am I a weed/hash junkie or was I self medicating?
Grateful for any replies
Charas

Likes Received: 6

Postby ScottMoore » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:58 pm

Hi Charas,
Wish I could give you some info/help, just not there yet. I'm on week three and still experiencing changes etc. I'm sure you know all about that though. Looks like you have more time in the green than I did. Hats of for real for your quit though.
I know for a fact I'm a hash junky, and I know how hard it's been for me so far. I also know I can't ever go back.
I do wish you the best
SM
ScottMoore

Likes Received: 43

Postby Charas » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:54 pm

Thanks so much for your reply Scott :) It is my first post so nice someone noticed it; isn't it so hard knowing you can't ever go back? The Paws is so bad; people think quitting weed or hash is no problem but that's because often they don' t stay off long enough; wish you the best and thanks again for your reply. Drink lots of water and vit c . and exercise and be patient.
Charas
Charas

Postby ScottMoore » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:30 pm

Charas wrote: isn't it so hard knowing you can't ever go back?

Man I tell ya, for me, knowing and accepting that has made me stronger. If I fool myself into thinking I can use every once in a while I know exactly where I'll end up, and frankly I'm done with that person. I'm just now getting to meet the real me. I kinda like the guy. :D I talk to people easier now. I don't have to battle normal things anymore like I did. I enjoy things more. Work isn't a chore anymore. It is what I make it now. I don't anger as quick.. I actually think/hope I don't stay as sick as before, colds, flu etc.

Yup, I love my water anyway though, I'm doin omega 3, C, fiber, multi, some cranberry sups and b's sometimes. They helped a lot more than I thought they would, but damn am I hungry all the time now. I burn it up so its cool.

Hey keep posting and writing, it does wonders to know your not alone and there are a LOT of sharp people here, newbys and vets.

Again, glad your here,
SM
ScottMoore

Likes Received: 43

Postby Soberchic » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:59 am

Paws can go on for almost 2 yrs on and off..dwindling down as time goes on....totally understand..i have almost a year and even tho most of my issues are gone.i still have slight waves of paws that include irritablity, headaches(especially after a series of vivid dreams), brain fog, tiredness,
Soberchic

Likes Received: 46

Postby Charas » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:40 am

thanks Soberchic (love your name :), and thanks for the support; I had no idea what the consequence would be when I stopped smoking; we should all get a f***ing medal for our efforts!
Charas

Postby Gitana » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:58 pm

Same here Charas - i ve been 6 months off, and still feel all the crap - brainfog, tiredness, mood swing, irritability, physical pain, depression - yet WAY less than before, so i m hoping it all goes downhill from there (only month 1 was sort of easy, besides the non sleeping). Hope you get better too
Gitana

Likes Received: 35

Postby Charas » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:25 pm

thanks Gitana ; I notice you say you have physical pain also; so do I and I can't be sure if it is to do with Paws or an old injury (weed related as it happens; lying in hammock; heard a ripping sound but was too stoned to get up to check the string holding the hammock to the wooden frame of veranda and next thing came crashing down on concrete on my elbow :( :)
the hidden dangers of weed!! and who said weed was harmless!
but have pain in other areas also; bizarrely my big toe on my left foot for example! what's going on man? this can't be happening man?!! :) :)
Charas

Postby Trustguy » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:24 pm

Hello everyone :)

Im on this way to and we really should get medal for this :) heheh

Im now 8month clean and I still have some mood swings..(mild anxiety,mild dizziness,strange vision on time to time,tired on the afternoons,and cant sleep at night some days)but from 100% pain and creepy feeling im now on just 40% bad felling so its going on better,still got ringing in ears everyday but i see improvement...
SO warriors just keep in there it will all go away in time,im helping myself with omega3,magnesium,B vitamins

Sorry for my bad English :)
Trustguy

Likes Received: 5

Postby Charas » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:23 am

yeh; I had this thought too; we deserve medals man! :D
Charas

Postby EdenG » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:40 am

Hey Charas,

I didn't even know PAWS was a thing until I found this forum today... but I did find an interesting link about it. (I tried to post the link, but apparently for a new user, posting an external link can look fishy...) PAWS can apparently last up to two years, so stick in there!! You're doing great and it'll get better! If you feel there are underlying mental health issues, maybe go chat to your GP?

I don't mean to sound rude AT ALL, but your age could be something that's contributing to some of your symptoms as hormones can play a huge part in our mental health.

Thanks for your post.
EdenG

Likes Received: 17

Postby Charas » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:51 am

:D thanks Eden and i smile at your comment about age; it could be and thanks; and yes I didn';t know about Paws till relevantly recently; it makes a lot of sense though; first few weeks off weed not much of problem then on or after fifth week all hell breaks loose!
Charas

Postby EdenG » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:56 pm

Oh no! I'm not looking forward to all hell breaking loose! I'm on "Day 1" today... after 12 months of trying and failing... *sigh*

Phew, glad you smiled at that comment, I meant no harm. Hormones are a b*tch at my age too (27)!!

Thanks for your post =)
EdenG

Postby Charas » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:26 pm

:) Hi Eden;
good for you! you may not find any problems at all; some people don't; for me my difficulties were exacerbated by an underlying mental health problem (anxiety; depression); reason i smoked so much btw
feel great now and so relieved not to be smoking anything; strange to think i smoked to feel happy but now feel so much happier off of it; miss the hobby aspect of it though; not just an addiction but a hobby also :) :)
Charas

Postby EdenG » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:30 pm

Hi again Charas,

Well, I’m now 3 weeks without smoking and can safely say I’m (mostly) happier without weed than I was with it. I still think about it daily, but don’t want to smoke it.

My difficulties with getting to this stage of quitting have been thanks to underlying mental health issues too (anxiety & depression like you). And much like you, it was my anxiety (and being unable to stop my brain from thinking so much) that caused me to smoke so much. I used it as a crutch/coping mechanism; which didn’t help in the long term anyway, just postponed dealing with the underlying issue properly.

It’s taken me almost two years of trying to cut down and quit, to get to the point of being off it for 3 weeks, cold turkey. Cutting down just didn’t work for me, cold turkey was the only way I could do it, as hard as it was.

I really hope you’re doing well =)

Keep your head up! Thanks for being here.
EdenG

Next