I have a need/desire to hurt people.

Postby TheFallenOne » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:26 pm

This first came about when i was 12 when i was abused a lot. I had wanted to hirt people from that day on. Due to me feeling like it was all the people around me's fault for not finding out about this, or, just helping me if they ever knew i was being abused.

I cannot keep consistant deep emotional feelings, nor, keep myself feeling and actually have humanity within me. I feel like a half human half robot hybrid. Like i can have emotions and then not give a single hell about someone and throw them away with no care or consideration.

I don't know what it is, but it would be nice to know. Thanks.
TheFallenOne

Likes Received: 0

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:41 am

TheFallenOne wrote:I don't know what it is, but it would be nice to know.

It is a lack of learned alternatives.

When a person feels threatened there is a fight or flight response. Young kids, like 12 year olds, find it difficult to flee a home. In abusive situations they are controlled through violence and that is what they then learn to use as their way of responding. It is a learned behavior. Older, bigger, and stronger, when you now feel a lack of control, the fight/flight response triggers and you want to hurt others. Why not? You never learned any alternatives to managing the fight/flight emotion.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 1127