Quit Weed tried once and failed, 2nd attempt

Postby BeadyEyeFan2017 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:05 am

Allo everyone. I have been smoking pot for six years. Not huge amounts, but it's enough of a habit. Earlier this year I tried quitting. I went through the horrible withdrawal symptoms. To say I was blindsided would be an understatement. The vivid dreams were the start. That eventuially passed... but then, the worst was the insomnia, I barely slept, and if I slept, I'd wake up after a short amount of sleep and not be able to get back to sleep. It was brutal. I sank in a deep depression. Now throw in the DP/DR and anxiety and it was a recipe for disaster. My family thought I had gone insane. I lost a lot of weight.

I was completely unprepared for it.

The longest stretch I went through was about 3 months. I do recall there came a point where I started feeling a little better. And yet, I went back to weed.

I guess I'm writing here because I want to know if anyone has fought through the horrifying withdrawal & insomnia and came out better for it. As well, can anyone recommend what I should do to make this process as painless as it can possibly be. Believe me, I want to quit. I want to be who I was before I got into weed. But like my previous failed attempt, I also need to sleep and relax. I'm anxious just thinking about when I'm quitting for good. But I need to do it, both for me, and my children.

I don't have many stressors in my life. Good job, good partner.

I hear exercise is key. Can anyone attest? And any advice, please, I'm all ears. I appreciate any and all insight from any long term success stories.
BeadyEyeFan2017

Likes Received: 0

Postby gsaint28 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:45 am

Hi there,

I acknowledge that you are committed to your health and well being, for yourself and your children.

I also acknowledge that you want to be who you were prior to weed, and you also want the process of being off weed and being back to who you were to be painless and easy.

And that what's missing in your life when you quit is the ability to sleep and relax.

It sounds like you are not being the type of person you want to be, or know yourself to be from your past. Describe the person you are looking forward to being as a result of not smoking.
gsaint28

Likes Received: 50