Quit weed 2,5 months ago. Hasn´t gone so well

Postby dariaengse » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:53 am

Thanks! I´m eating escitalopram 10 mg once a day. Yeah, it´s more difficult to reach an orgasm now and I´m not as interested in sex anymore. I also started craving food more. Not ideal, but compared to the anxiety and depression I´ve been dealing with, it´s not an issue for me personally
dariaengse

Likes Received: 6

Postby Bagobones » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:19 am

dariaengse wrote:Thanks! I´m eating escitalopram 10 mg once a day. Yeah, it´s more difficult to reach an orgasm now and I´m not as interested in sex anymore.

Same here on those pills. Weaker erection and difficult to orgasm.

How long have you taken escitalopram? Since your on 10 mg i assume your doctor are raising the dose eventually? I initially got high on the pills, like I should when the pills refuses the seretonine to return. Its all in the name, Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors. SSRIs But just like MDMA, after I got off the pills, flatness and no feelings! And also they where a bit scary when she took me up from 10 to 20 mg. I got some thoughts that was not normal for me to have...

Good luck! I really really hope you get back to your good old self, but just a friendly warning, those pills can be treacherous..

Those pills, escitalopram, is a band aid, that covers the wound. Not a solution that takes away your problem.. Its a doctor or a shrinks easy way out, and lazy work...
Bagobones

Likes Received: 137

Postby Cali-Detroit » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:22 am

Well done on almost a year, that's amazing. If those pills are working for you, then all the better. But sexual side effects in your twenties? I don't know man, it's your body and life, absolutely. But, please consider this:

Who says a little depression and anxiety is such a terrible thing? I mean toking up daily for me was a way to avoid ever having to feel uncomfortable, to have to truly and clearly face real life. And no matter how much or how good the weed, I still had to face that reality, except now I was diminished, and increasingly so as I spiraled into decades of daily and hourly use. Chasing something I could never catch. Do you know what causes discomfort, depression and anxiety? Being alive, full stop. Seriously, inhale the essence of what this world truly is and what takes place within our little sphere, and tell me it should be rainbows and sunshine in our heads and hearts at all times. In my country especially, people try and run that game, and you just can't buy it. I'm not being morbid or grim, I'm saying we don't need to chase after every bad feeling with a pill, a drink, a drug, or whatever. We do because it fkn works, but it never eliminates the root cause of the problem. Embrace those feelings, get used to them and the rawness that comes with it. It will serve you throughout your life and make your far stronger and more resilient than the majority of those around you. This is a huge advantage and how lucky you are to be able to start now.

Good luck, stay strong. I'm inspired by your journey
Cali-Detroit

Likes Received: 89

Postby dariaengse » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:40 am

Thanks guys! Been on them for 4-5 weeks. My doctor did´t say anything about raising the dose, just told me I should be on them for at least 6 months. My new plan is to be off these pills in a year. The first week or so was a little funky, but after 10-14 days I felt truly relaxed and content for the first time after quitting weed and the good feeling has stuck with me since then. I kind of feel I´m back in my chill, happy bubble, except I´m not high.

I never wanted to get on antidepressants and I´m in total agreement about it being a bandaid. I just gave in in the end out of desperation. I saw no reason to keep going without weed anymore so I figured I could at least try them so I maybe would´t relapse during the summer. Now I´m motivated to stay away from the weed again.

No mental issues right now, the only problem is that I don´t like relying on a pill to keep me this way. All my friends who started smoking daily at 15-16 and managed to quit in their early twenties ended up on antidepressants or antipsychotics. I also have family members on them so I´ve heard a lot of complaints about weight gain, sexual side effects and flatness in emotion. I was determined to manage without pharmaceuticals, but eventually I saw no other option..

I don´t know if it´s still PAWS or something else, but going through the 11 months was hell. Basically constantly fatigued, massive anxiety and nothing gave me pleasure. My life was objectively good the whole time. Friends, family, intimate relationships, career, university, working out, all on point. But I felt dead inside the whole time. Even when I had my ups there was a feeling of darkness and emptiness lurking in the background. The only thing I can see dragging down my mental health would be my diet and sleeping schedule. Any other suggestions on stuff to fix? I want to set myself up so I can live my life without being dependent on pills. My current plan is an elimination diet, waking up the same time every day and work on the unresolved underlying issues I might have
dariaengse

Postby Bagobones » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:17 pm

dariaengse wrote: All my friends who started smoking daily at 15-16 and managed to quit in their early twenties ended up on antidepressants or antipsychotics. I also have family members on them so I´ve heard a lot of complaints about weight gain, sexual side effects and flatness in emotion. I was determined to manage without pharmaceuticals, but eventually I saw no other option..

I don´t know if it´s still PAWS or something else, but going through the 11 months was hell. Basically constantly fatigued, massive anxiety and nothing gave me pleasure. My life was objectively good the whole time. Friends, family, intimate relationships, career, university, working out, all on point. But I felt dead inside the whole time. Even when I had my ups there was a feeling of darkness and emptiness lurking in the background.

I think one of the problems with this, is in what you write here.. The doctors and the shrinks have no idea what to do with this. Its new to them too. Mix in the fact that this just happens to some of us quitters, and the fact that what we explain to them is sounding like depression. Wich I think is wrong, without me being a doctor. I dont think the flatness and the dead feeling inside we feel is depression. Thats where the problem is. Another problem is the doctors themself, that dont trust us, the little people. They trust other doctors and studies done in the past, not what is happening right now, and what the struggling quitter is telling them right now...

My countrys healthcare system is running on a guide created by Lund medical university in Sweden in 1996.. And Lund university did a lazy a*s research and conclution, with doctors that could not care less, that had already made up their minds. And now 2 Scandinavian countries are basing all their strategies on the borderline insane paper mess that was created in Lund Sweden 22 - 25 years ago....

Good luck with the lexapro! But just remember, you are not sober as you say, you are just high on another drug...
Bagobones

Likes Received: 137

Postby leavepawsbehind » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:52 pm

dariaengse wrote:No mental issues right now, the only problem is that I don´t like relying on a pill to keep me this way. All my friends who started smoking daily at 15-16 and managed to quit in their early twenties ended up on antidepressants or antipsychotics. I also have family members on them so I´ve heard a lot of complaints about weight gain, sexual side effects and flatness in emotion.

Interesting, this gives me something to consider. I've been quit for almost 6 months now with little relief. Are you still experiencing tinnitus, or has it faded away with time and/or AD usage?
leavepawsbehind

Likes Received: 7

Postby Hoofhearted » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:06 pm

Good job resisting the urge to smoke, I just hit 19 months and feel good as new! I did the whole pill thing too for 5 months but it was due to high blood pressure. So if you need to take Lexapro for 5-6 go for it!

The blood pressure meds helped me quit!
Hoofhearted

Likes Received: 4

Postby dariaengse » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:16 am

Sorry for late reply, but about the tinnitus: Had it on and off for the 11 months. Then it got worse right after I started eating pills, but after a week or two it faded away with the rest of my problems
dariaengse

Previous