Can't f***ing speak properly now, will this ever get better

#15

Postby quietvoice » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:44 pm

He quit for 3 months

He admits to being "mostly sober," what does that mean? He admits to have taken oxycodone while reading a recent post . . .
User avatar
quietvoice
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2104
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:14 pm
Likes Received: 211


#16

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:48 pm

LondonScouse wrote:Truth is, none of you know how it is to be him, so if you're not going to offer valuable advice,


And enters the enabler. It is from person's such as yourself, promoting the above ideology of victimhood that the "kid" gets it from.

The "kid" as you said, has bigger issues than using weed for less than a year. This adolescent has been indoctrinated with this "you don't know what it is like" which is unfortunately reinforced by people such as yourself.

Who then is going to offer valuable advice? You? Any member of this forum? No...according to your logic, the only valuable advice a victim can receive is from another victim. Only people that have suffered the identity of the victim can possibly offer valuable advice to the victim. That is the ideology you are promoting. Great job. The ideology you promote is the reason this 15 year old has learned to be helpless.
User avatar
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 9967
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:25 am
Likes Received: 998

#17

Postby LondonScouse » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:33 pm

Richard@DecisionSkills wrote:
LondonScouse wrote:Truth is, none of you know how it is to be him, so if you're not going to offer valuable advice,


And enters the enabler. It is from person's such as yourself, promoting the above ideology of victimhood that the "kid" gets it from.

The "kid" as you said, has bigger issues than using weed for less than a year. This adolescent has been indoctrinated with this "you don't know what it is like" which is unfortunately reinforced by people such as yourself.

Who then is going to offer valuable advice? You? Any member of this forum? No...according to your logic, the only valuable advice a victim can receive is from another victim. Only people that have suffered the identity of the victim can possibly offer valuable advice to the victim. That is the ideology you are promoting. Great job. The ideology you promote is the reason this 15 year old has learned to be helpless.


Nobody is promoting the ideology of 'victimhood'.

This is a quote from you Richard Feenstra, "You are still 15. So you smoked weed for less than 12 months. Your brain can easily heal."

What are you ? A specialist in how cannabis influences the adolescent brain ? No, you are a self-proclaimed PSYCHOLOGIST who has been 'researching how people from different cultures and backgrounds make decision, for 4 years' according to your website.

No offence Mr Richard Feenstra, but I don't think your M.S in 'workforce development' or your subsequent Ph.D helps you to understand the complexities of the human brain. :lol:



Yes I will offer actual and valuable advice that may actually help the kid.

There are a few things you can do to try and alleviate symptoms.

1) The most important one is exercise. Specifically cardio. As you jog or run, your heart has to work harder to pump blood to the various muscles that require oxygen. As a result, there is also increased blood flow to the brain, and this helps to increase the amount of BDNF (a brain protein that helps to maintain healthy brain cells, and is also involved in the creation of new brain cells/neurons. So yeah, exercise is the most important, and there are various benefits to the brain.

2) Healthy eating. Your brain requires an abundance of things to prosper. Iron, Vitamins B6/B12 among others, magnesium, zinc etc. Stuff like fruit, vegetables, and fish can help symptoms immensely.

3) Forced socialising. Even if you feel inadequate or you feel that there is no point in attempting to socialise, the more you spend time with other human beings, the more the social part of your brain changes in accordance.

4) Quit any mind-altering substances. How can you recover properly if you are subjecting your brain to other drugs? You only get 1 brain, so don't **** it up. Some people learn the hard way, whereas others are lucky enough to not have to learn that lesson.

5) meditation and yoga. I personally haven't attempted these. But I know that there is a possibility these activities can help.

Lastly, you need to keep in mind that your brain is plastic. That is to say your brain changes in accordance with your actions. (neuroplasticity).

"neurons that fire together, wire together" & "if you don't use it, you lose it"
LondonScouse
Junior Member
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:08 am
Likes Received: 11

#18

Postby quietvoice » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:57 pm

LondonScouse wrote:This is a quote from you Richard Feenstra, "You are still 15. So you smoked weed for less than 12 months. Your brain can easily heal."

. . . Yes I will offer actual and valuable advice that may actually help the kid.

There are a few things you can do to try and alleviate symptoms. . . .

Lastly, you need to keep in mind that your brain is plastic. That is to say your brain changes in accordance with your actions. (neuroplasticity).

So, then you agree that the brain can heal.

A wonderful thing to learn about your health is what is the lymphatic system and how it works. Get the lymph moving (exercise helps with that) and cleaned up, and your health will know no bounds! See YouTube channel: robertmorsend, and now many others are spreading the knowledge. Learn this, and you'll know more than the average allopathic doctor (regarding getting healthy).
User avatar
quietvoice
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2104
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:14 pm
Likes Received: 211

#19

Postby LondonScouse » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:02 pm

Yes I agree that the brain can 'compensate' for damage/permanent alterations.

I'll check it out, thanks :)
LondonScouse
Junior Member
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:08 am
Likes Received: 11

#20

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:03 pm

LondonScouse wrote:This is a quote from you Richard Feenstra, "You are still 15. So you smoked weed for less than 12 months. Your brain can easily heal."

What are you ? A specialist in how cannabis influences the adolescent brain ?



Too funny. You quote me and ask if I am some specialist in how cannabis influences the adolescent brain, as if you are, and as if that is what is required to give solid advice....BUT WAIT, it gets even better....

Yes I will offer actual and valuable advice that may actually help the kid.

Lastly, you need to keep in mind that your brain is plastic. That is to say your brain changes in accordance with your actions. (neuroplasticity).


You offer advice that demonstrates the kids brain can easily heal, lol. So my stating his brain can easily heal requires that I be a specialist in cannabis use among adolescents, but your advice that his brain can easily heal doesn't require such credentials?

This "kid" as you like to label him has more problems than just marijuana. He has learned to be helpless. That didn't happen because of less than a year of marijuana. He felt helpless prior to marijuana. It is a convenient and common excuse to blame the substance, but blaming marijuana, alcohol, oxy, doesn't address the deeper underlying issues. I don't need to be a specialist in cannabis use to draw that conclusion.

The bottom line, this teen needs to stop believing that he is helpless. Marijuana is an issue, but it is not the main issue and his brain can easily heal...as you so aptly pointed out. Thanks.
User avatar
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 9967
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:25 am
Likes Received: 998

#21

Postby LondonScouse » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:17 pm

Richard@DecisionSkills wrote:
LondonScouse wrote:This is a quote from you Richard Feenstra, "You are still 15. So you smoked weed for less than 12 months. Your brain can easily heal."

What are you ? A specialist in how cannabis influences the adolescent brain ?



Too funny. You quote me and ask if I am some specialist in how cannabis influences the adolescent brain, as if you are, and as if that is what is required to give solid advice....BUT WAIT, it gets even better....

Yes I will offer actual and valuable advice that may actually help the kid.

Lastly, you need to keep in mind that your brain is plastic. That is to say your brain changes in accordance with your actions. (neuroplasticity).


You offer advice that demonstrates the kids brain can easily heal, lol. So my stating his brain can easily heal requires that I be a specialist in cannabis use among adolescents, but your advice that his brain can easily heal doesn't require such credentials?

This "kid" as you like to label him has more problems than just marijuana. He has learned to be helpless. That didn't happen because of less than a year of marijuana. He felt helpless prior to marijuana. It is a convenient and common excuse to blame the substance, but blaming marijuana, alcohol, oxy, doesn't address the deeper underlying issues. I don't need to be a specialist in cannabis use to draw that conclusion.

The bottom line, this teen needs to stop believing that he is helpless. Marijuana is an issue, but it is not the main issue and his brain can easily heal...as you so aptly pointed out. Thanks.


I never said "easily heal". Are you blind or ignorant ? I said the brain 'changes', 'compensates', not once did I use the term 'heal'. Once again, can you quote me where I said "easily" or "heal" ? no you can't.

let me ask you something. People who suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder - Have they learn't helplessness?

Where did the kid state that he felt helpless prior to using marijuana ?

Bottom line is, you just got schooled by me, a nobody.
LondonScouse
Junior Member
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:08 am
Likes Received: 11

#22

Postby quietvoice » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:37 pm

LondonScouse wrote:I never said "easily heal". Are you blind or ignorant ? I said the brain 'changes', 'compensates', not once did I use the term 'heal'. Once again, can you quote me where I said "easily" or "heal" ? no you can't.

How do you know that it can't heal? Our bodies are amazing, and given the right conditions, i.e., a cleaned up and properly functioning lymph system, as well as an attitude appropriate to healing, what can't be healed?
User avatar
quietvoice
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2104
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:14 pm
Likes Received: 211

#23

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:40 pm

LondonScouse wrote:...by me, a nobody.


What? You are not a specialist in cannabis use among adolescents? You are just a "nobody"?

You are schooling me?..but...uh...who are you to school me? You don't know me, you don't know my life, my struggles. You haven't walked a mile in my shoes, you don't know my experiences. You can't possibly "school" me as you don't know me and so whatever comments you make are of no value.

Hmmm, I'm beginning to warm up to using identity as an excuse. I can simply ignore whatever comments you make as without merit, because you are a "nobody" specialist.
User avatar
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 9967
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:25 am
Likes Received: 998

#24

Postby LondonScouse » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:52 pm

I can simply ignore whatever comments you make as without merit - Richard Feenstra

Ignorance is bliss ;)
LondonScouse
Junior Member
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:08 am
Likes Received: 11

#25

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:22 pm

LondonScouse wrote:I can simply ignore whatever comments you make


Yes...absolutely, a million times yes, yes, yes! If simply more people would recognize they can just ignore comments.

It doesn't mean they are making the right choice, but you are correct they can choose to ignore. And people tend to ignore advice that doesn't make them feel good and tend to accept the advice that tells them what they want to hear, what enables them to keep their dysfunctional beliefs.

And my full name and profession is not a secret. I am well aware that I am not anonymous on this forum, by design. I am not a "nobody", I am very well credentialed and you can connect with me on any number of platforms. BUT, I don't publicize my credentials as advice should be evaluated based on the merits of the logic, not the credentials of the individual providing the advice.

Last, the side discussion we have had is not for you or to convince you of anything, but for the OP and other readers to be exposed to the "logic" of victimhood and the enabling culture that has become pervasive in certain societies.

It is my hope, that when this teen wakes up in his warm bed, turns on the electricity, gets out of a hot shower, finishes eating his breakfast and logs onto the Internet and eventually at his leisure gets around to checking this forum, that he can read and see how negative role models, those that play the identity excuse, have been enabling him to believe that he is helpless. And if this OP still doesn't get it, maybe others will come across this thread and will learn something about playing the victim and how it can negatively impact a person's life.
User avatar
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 9967
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:25 am
Likes Received: 998

#26

Postby LondonScouse » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:38 pm

Richard@DecisionSkills wrote:
LondonScouse wrote:I can simply ignore whatever comments you make


Yes...absolutely, a million times yes, yes, yes! If simply more people would recognize they can just ignore comments.

It doesn't mean they are making the right choice, but you are correct they can choose to ignore. And people tend to ignore advice that doesn't make them feel good and tend to accept the advice that tells them what they want to hear, what enables them to keep their dysfunctional beliefs.

And my full name and profession is not a secret. I am well aware that I am not anonymous on this forum, by design. I am not a "nobody", I am very well credentialed and you can connect with me on any number of platforms. BUT, I don't publicize my credentials as advice should be evaluated based on the merits of the logic, not the credentials of the individual providing the advice.

Last, the side discussion we have had is not for you or to convince you of anything, but for the OP and other readers to be exposed to the "logic" of victimhood and the enabling culture that has become pervasive in certain societies.

It is my hope, that when this teen wakes up in his warm bed, turns on the electricity, gets out of a hot shower, finishes eating his breakfast and logs onto the Internet and eventually at his leisure gets around to checking this forum, that he can read and see how negative role models, those that play the identity excuse, have been enabling him to believe that he is helpless. And if this OP still doesn't get it, maybe others will come across this thread and will learn something about playing the victim and how it can negatively impact a person's life.


Yeah similar to how you ignored my comments, and formed an argument based on terminology I didn't even use.

Your profession ? You're not even a qualified psychologist.

Credentials ? Anybody can obtain the degrees you have, which quite frankly aren't worth their weight in paper. The reason you don't state the institutions you attended, is because they aren't reputable.
LondonScouse
Junior Member
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:08 am
Likes Received: 11

#27

Postby quietvoice » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:45 pm

LondonScouse wrote:Credentials ? Anybody can obtain the degrees you have, which quite frankly aren't worth their weight in paper. The reason you don't state the institutions you attended, is because they aren't reputable.

This isn't my fight. And yet I do have something to say about "credentials". Medical doctors spend years going to institutional schooling to supposedly help people get well. AND YET, one can learn within, say, three months on how to help people heal themselves by learning from those who have the knowledge about cleaning the lymphatic system. Ask an allopathic doctor how the body heals . . . where did all of their schooling get them?

Edit:
That's not to say that we don't need good surgeons for necessary life saving surgeries, or emergency room doctors.
User avatar
quietvoice
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2104
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:14 pm
Likes Received: 211

#28

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:54 pm

LondonScouse wrote:Your profession ? You're not even a qualified psychologist.

Credentials ? Anybody can obtain the degrees you have, which quite frankly aren't worth their weight in paper. The reason you don't state the institutions you attended, is because they aren't reputable.


Again, this is the ideology of those that believe in the identity excuse. You believe that labeling is what gives merit to the value of a person's logic. In your worldview, only the addicts advice can be of value to another addict. You try to attack the merits of advice, not on the logic of the advice, but based on the "credentials" of who is providing the advice.

You started with needing the credentials of being a specialist in cannabis use. And again you are the one focused on my credentials. You are the one that believes credentials matter, that identity matters when it comes to evaluating the truth of words typed on a computer screen. I disagree. I don't play the identity excuse that you embrace. I think whatever you type stands on it's own merits or lack thereof, regardless if you are a "nobody" or a nobel prize winner.

You think identity determines the validity of an argument, I do not.

But please, continue bringing up identity as being so crucial to whether or not advice provided is valid or not. Continue to prove my point that you enable others, that you are a role model for using identity to label and discredit or evaluate the truth of an argument.

PS, if you want to know my institutions you can easily discover them. Keep searching.
User avatar
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 9967
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:25 am
Likes Received: 998

#29

Postby Flucktoo » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:24 pm

Richard@DecisionSkills wrote:
Flucktoo wrote: But you don't know anything about me, and you don't know what's happened to me throughout my life as I didn't put it in my post.


Where, where, where did you learn this crap? Seriously, I'm curious. Your parents, friends, a teacher, social media? You truly have been thoroughly indoctrinated to be helpless. The above is the identity excuse.

The identity excuse is the trained, learned defense of the helpless. When someone offers advice you don't like, tell them they don't know you. The next step is to say that regardless of what advice is provided, the person providing advice can't possibly understand you as they have not experienced your life. It is the classic thought process of the victim.

"You don't know me, you have never experienced my life, you don't know what it is like to be (insert label here)."

This excuse of victimhood is pervasive in society, so I'm not actually surprised a vulnerable 15 year old has bought into it.

It only takes but a little bit of logic to see the flaw in the 'identity excuse' ideology, but at 15 you have not yet developed critical thinking skills. Stop listening to your current teachers in life that are keeping jyou a victim. Find new, better role models that do not believe in victimhood.

And I do know something about you. You have Internet access. You have shelter, food, water, and electricity. You have access to drugs. You have access to education and health care. You are a lucky, fortunate 15 year old, but you have been indoctrinated to believe you are helpless.

BTW, I actually am a psychologist :shock:

Well I mean you said you weren't I your bio, so how am I gonna know? You don't seem like one, and you're going on about listening to your "advice" but you haven't given me other than saying I'm playing as a helpless victim and I should stop. Yes I have shelter and food, the most rudimentary human needs possible, but in no way do those things feed the soul or create any sense of fulfilment of contentment. All those things I "should be happy with" are merely keeping me alive. How have I been "indoctrinated" to believe I am helpless? I came to the philosophical conclusion that yes, some people really are just given a shitty hand in life, along with brain chemistry and environment. I guess I am a victim, I never had a father figure, I have aspergers, I've been bullied when I was younger despite fighting back with force, my mum has had explosive rages at me my entire life saying despicable things to me ever since I was a small boy, I've never been able to have long distance relationships with people and have never had any steady friends, I have ADHD (yes, it is a thing, caused by nature or nurture I don't know, but it definitely does exist as a set of negative characteristics) which has caused me trouble concentrating at school, I have this constant need for attention as I need constant reassurement that people like me and to make me feel adequate, and I've been clinically depressed since I was 13. There you go, so that's why I'm such a victim. Although I personally consider someone a victim if they don't do anything about what's happened to them, and not someone that has actively been trying to fight all this his whole life but has come to the conclusion that there really isn't much I can do anymore
Flucktoo
Junior Member
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:53 pm
Likes Received: 1


PreviousNext

Return to Addictions