Quit weed after 4 years - please help

Postby Ers12345 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:59 pm

Hello guys,

Starting back from 4 years I can remember I wasn't depressed and a manic anxiety freak.

Fast forward 4 years of daily smoking (never missed a day) I've became paranoid, delusional, withdrawn, very depressed.

I just go work and come back sit in bedroom, rinse and repeat.

I went abroad for 2 weeks to quit weed, first few days I couldn't relax or sit still, I believed my colleagues were planning to fire me while I wasn't there (not true at all), delusions of that nature.

Made the 2 weeks no weed, I'm now in my 4th week, back at work etc.

I honestly thought I would be a bit "happier" by now, I'm down in the dumps, suicidal thoughts, not worth to be on this planet, ignoring family's phone calls, actually, I've switched my phone off.

Also, I am so angry, I want to fight everyone, road rage, clients, family, whoever!! Is this normal? Everything looks grey, I hate the world, and it hates me.

Only slight improvement is anxiety, but suicidal thoughts still?

I've done lots of searching, just wanted to out my own exact story to see if I'm normal, do I have Phycosis? I've tried to keep this short and sweet.

Thank you. :(
Ers12345

Likes Received: 0

Postby JoeBloggs » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:46 pm

Can you chat with a doctor and see if you can get help from a mental health team?
JoeBloggs

Likes Received: 51

Postby Ers12345 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:50 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I suppose I can, does your reply mean that this is not weed withdrawal but something else?
Ers12345

Postby lelou1209 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:25 pm

I don't really know how to help you because I never smoked weed but I think you've made it through the hardest part! don't stay isolated because it will increase your "bad feelings". Also, try to only stay close to the people who have a good influence on you. I hope I helped you a little and I wish you good luck!! Love from France
lelou1209

Likes Received: 1

Postby cleanofgreen » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:59 pm

Try reading a few of the old posters journeys through quitting. After 4 years of smoking daily at 4 weeks you still have thc in your system, you would probably still fail a drug test. It takes approx 6 weeks to get rid of all the thc in your system.. Look up PAWS as well.
http://www.uncommonforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=104580

Good summary of biggiesize posts on brain recovering over 8 months
viewtopic.php?t=80881&p=740732#p740732

johnrlivingston

NateTGreat
http://www.uncommonforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=91416
cleanofgreen

Likes Received: 138

Postby Ers12345 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:57 pm

Hi guys,

Thought I would update.

Nomo app says I’m 63 days sober / 9 weeks.

I am more comfortable in my own skin now, I can sit and discuss a project with a work colleague without spinning off in a ball of anxiety. So that has improved, appetite etc all fine, sleep not the best, but could be worse, I use Nytol quite a lot on work nights.

although I am still fairly depressed. I will be honest and say it is probably not the weed, but what I think of my life? I don’t know. I was not depressed before my drugs saga, and my life was the same as now, hard to work it out.

But as I said before, anxiety ruined my life and I looked physically ill every day, had about 15 comments from people I know saying I look better now days, so come on guys, you can do it too.
Ers12345

Postby BCBUDFREE » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:03 am

Stop putting limits on what you could do or be. Something must get you excited. What would you do if there were no limits? You must have or have had passion for something. Figure out what it is that is missing and putting you out of balance. Then.....how do you get there or be that or find it? Hop that helps ...
BCBUDFREE

Likes Received: 26

Postby Ers12345 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:12 pm

Good reply thank you!

Guess I have been caught up in feeling this way, I almost forgot life is to find what you enjoy and do it, crazy.
Ers12345

Postby Ers12345 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:59 pm

Hi guys, thought I would update, not to tell my accomplishment of how long I have been off weed but just because others reading may have experienced the same as me and turbulent emotions after such a long drug addiction.

I am learning to find myself again, 126 days clean. I feel like a real person now BUT I am still improving.

I had so much anxiety before I just got through the day, I did not LIVE it.

Anyway I suppose the point of my post is it takes time, stick with it! You can do it too.

I was suicidal and depressed up to 6 weeks after I quit, now I look back and think Jesus Christ, how was you suicidal? Well it’s because the mind has taken a utter beaten from daily drugs use.

Not the most informative post, but I hope t helps others.
Ers12345

Postby Mimihops10 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:23 pm

Im glad you are a bit better! I quit for 7 months now and I can tell you there is a lot more healing ahead of you. You are already through the worst! Its totally normal how you felt, I was the same :). The brain needs lots of time to rebalance. Just remember when you hit a wave again, thats the brain going through changes, and You will come out better each time than before.

It was only from month 5,5 when I felt a shift in my rocovery. More stable and normal, small glimpses of positive feelings return.

Well done !
Mimihops10

Likes Received: 2

Postby Leonjames » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:28 pm

Men i smoked 4years weed too and now im 3months sober without smokin damnn its so hard on psychology i went to the doctor i did already every test for my health everything is good im so stressed im feeling good but my brain is just idk how to say a doctor said to me when u feel this just learn im learning German now cause im from Europe i cant wait to be a year that im sober anyone maybe can help me cause i just think that im sick and idk someone helpp me who passed this
Leonjames

Likes Received: 1

Postby Ers12345 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:39 pm

Yo brother (or sister),

I was very stressed, I have muscle knots all in my shoulders and back, I still have them.

We are all in this together man

Life is short , just try and relax and be happy

I wish I could take my advice but I slip up too

Wishing oh well

You have done the hard part as the kind person who posted above said
Ers12345

Postby tokes » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:05 am

Anything you feel is normal.

Surprisingly the suicidal thoughts only lasted 6 weeks, I was considering jumping off a balcony for months. So I think you recovered quicker in that aspect.

Good to hear you can still function at work and understand things cognitively. A lot of people complain of the cognitive hindrance but you seemingly haven't been effected hugely by that side.

Keep going to work and excercising, those 2 things will push you past the barriers and keep you going. When I started lifting weights the testerone really must have sped up the recovery because after the 6 month mark/while going to the gym I really started to feel how I did before I'd even started.

Tough times are still ahead. Nytol sounds like a good idea for the sleepless nights. Even the muscle
Knots are weed related....we do have cannibinoid receptors in our muscles.

Get yourself to the 5-6 month and you'll see a noticeable improvement on all fronts.

Keep it up

Peace

Tokes
tokes

Likes Received: 22