stay at home mom, heavy smoker everyday for past 17 years.

Postby amnda426 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:01 am

Im 32 and have been smoking heavily since 18. Morning wake, and every couple hours until bed. Recently decided to quit smoking cigarettes, one day 1 , smoked a bowl like normally and Bam! Huge anxiety panic attack. Has never happened before , ever. I've always loved to smoke, it's my thing. I don't drink or do anything else. But now I don't want to smoke all day maybe the occasional when kids are down glass of wine kind of thing. , it's been too long, could save so much money, im honestly worried about anxiety depression or whatever else may come, since my body and mind have been so dependent for so long, in not sure what to expect. Any tips or advice or story from someone else who's been there?
amnda426

Likes Received: 0

Postby tokeless » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:20 pm

Hi.. just make a decision to quit, plan how you'll manage the urges and get support from friends who don't smoke... find activities to keep you occupied. Bottom line is make a choice to not smoke and commit to it. The fear is just part of the suit I'm afraid. The world won't end if you don't smoke anymore and you'll be fine. Make good choices and if it fails, rinse and repeat.
Good luck
tokeless

Likes Received: 224