25 years daily with weed - I want out.

Postby betterlife4me » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:20 pm

Thanks Rikagain for the nice welcome!
Well day 1 and feeling really positive and slightly euphoric that I’m on my way to a smoke free life!
I’ve been out cycling this morning (not lying in bed with a spliff and a coffee, telling myself I deserve to chill on my day off work!), enjoying the sunshine and looking forward to getting fitter and stronger! Many people here, talk about distracting themselves with other interests/ activities and that’s advice I intend to follow. There’s a long list of things I’m interested in and would like to try or improve on, so what better time to do it?!
I’m not kidding myself this is going to be easy but I’m determined to do it and improve my life. I’m hoping to be on here in a month or a years time saying it’s the best thing I ever did!
Thanks for the encouragement and support, it’s a huge help :D
betterlife4me

Likes Received: 3

Postby ChristinefromAUST » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:35 am

I'm literally crying as I am reading your post. I am on day 15 of quitting after smoking for 17 + years and I have no desire to smoke but I am not coping with the withdrawal symptoms at all. I wonder how you are going now as this post is 1 year old.
ChristinefromAUST

Likes Received: 6

Postby Rikagain » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:23 pm

Hi Christine, welcome and congratulations, 15 days is a massive achievement after smoking for so long.
I know the withdrawal symptoms are hard to deal with at first, I've been through it so I know exactly how you feel. I promise you they will lessen as time goes on and it will get much easier.

Try doing some different things like a bit of exercise or learning something new as a bit of a distraction, sometimes just going for a walk does wonders. Above all don't be too hard on yourself!
I smoked for 30 years, daily for most of that time and in March I reached one year cannabis free!

You can do it! We're here for you with advice if you need it, you're not alone

Good luck, much peace to you,

Rik.
Rikagain

Likes Received: 50

Postby ChristinefromAUST » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:59 am

Thanks for your reply, my partner and I have decided to call it quits as of today, this is really overwhelming for me at this moment and I think I am going to need to seek medical help because I am not able to function. I have just called up sick for work for the rest of the week and I can't even get out of bed. Thanks for your support I will check back in once I have seen a doctor
ChristinefromAUST

Postby ChristinefromAUST » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:59 am

Thanks for your reply, my partner and I have decided to call it quits as of today, this is really overwhelming for me at this moment and I think I am going to need to seek medical help because I am not able to function. I have just called up sick for work for the rest of the week and I can't even get out of bed. Thanks for your support I will check back in once I have seen a doctor
ChristinefromAUST

Postby ChristinefromAUST » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:45 am

A quick update.. day 23 and I'm doing really well, I've started meditation and yoga and the doctor has started me on a very low dose of mirtazapine 7.5 milligrams, seems to have knocked the insomnia sweating and nausea on the head :D :D so far so good !!
ChristinefromAUST

Postby Rikagain » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:52 pm

That's great news! I was wondering how you were getting on, sounds like you're doing really well. Meditation and Yoga are both great things for mind and body and it must be nice to be getting some sleep!

Well done, 23 days is an amazing achievement. Keep going and keep posting, you've got this!

Much peace to you,

Rik
Rikagain

Likes Received: 50

Previous