Weed withdrawal - erectile dysfunction

Postby SciscorAlarm » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:27 am

Hi all...

This thread is a great resource, mostly because theres nothing else out there connecting weed and ED.

I smoked on and off for the past 5 years, usually taking 1-2 week breaks every month or so but almost daily the rest of the time. Not high 24/7, but a couple tokes a night. In my mid 30s.

I noticed that during periods Im smoking (especially concentrates, and especially before bed) I seem to have ED (sometimes, not every time). When I smoke a few nights in a row I get no morning wood and have very little desire. That was a big reason for me to get clean.

When I stopped using I had 2-3 rough sleepless nights and anxious/headachey days. But those first 2-3 days my sex drive was off the charts high. This seems to happen whenever I stop using, the first 2-3 days Im super horny.

But then, it crashed. Days 5-10 I had zero drive. Literally none. Now Im 12 days clean and just starting to feel sexual desires again, but the sex drive is still low. Still have trouble getting hard. Seems to be getting slightly better each day. Morning wood has been back since day 2, but that doesnt seem to correlate to being able to get hard when it matters.

Like everyone else has said, it seems the only solution (that doesnt come in a pill) is time. From reading this thread and my own experience, it seems to depend on (1) your body chemistry (2) how often you smoked, what % of each day you are high (3) How potent your stuff is. Smoking oils regularly really seems to **** up my body, not just ED but other bad side effects too. It also seems like people who had a worse/longer "hell" period - the initial sleepless nights and stressful days after quitting - the longer it takes for the ED to resolve itself.

One thing Ive seen people mention is that it may be the smoke and not the thc. It isnt. I exclusively vape, and have this issue.
SciscorAlarm

Likes Received: 0

Previous