A prisoner of love

Postby Jsmith26ga » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:10 pm

Hi, thanks for checking this post out because I am truly lost in this situation and don't know who to turn to with what seems like such an odd issue. I'm 26, have been with my wife since we were 15 and married to her for 5 out of the 10 years we've been together. We have 2 kids, a house etc. Recently (a year-ish) things have been pretty bad, she admits to wondering about having a relationship with other men, has spoke about separating and is basically all but forcing herself to be in this still likely due to guilt. Its almost like I can see that she don't really love me anymore but she has yet to see it or is too afraid to admit it. She's extremely distant and could care less if I were to leave her. That's where my problem is though, no matter how much I see that she don't want to be here anymore, I can't bring myself to accept it and let her go or go myself. I have begged for us to fix things, cried, not slept, went a couple of days without eating, even offered her a "hall pass" to get whatever is going on out of her system. Ive basically made a complete fool out of myself for someone who couldn't care less. I just want some advice or tips on how to let go and accept things because I get sick just at the thought of not having her as my wife.

Thanks in advance.
Jsmith26ga

Likes Received: 1

Postby zero145 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:39 am

Unfortunately, sometimes there's just nothing you can do to fix a relationship. People fall out of love; it could be for any reason out of a hundred. There's nothing you can do to force her love. If she wants to leave, then you have to let her go. I can't imagine how hard it must be for you right now, and I know pity isn't what you probably want.

You sound like a really nice guy, someone who is devoted to the people you love and who is very loyal to them. That's admirable. You deserve someone who can give you unrequited love, someone who you never have to second guess. Don't waste all of that love and devotion on someone who isn't giving it back to you!

Love is like an addiction. It's incredibly hard to let go, but not impossible. You have to take the plunge and just do it. Wait for a moment when you have a burst of courage and then break it off. Walk away and never turn around. It'll hurt, yeah, but in the end it's the best for both of you.

I hope this helped, even if only a bit.
zero145

Likes Received: 4

Postby Jsmith26ga » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:42 am

And that's exactly what I'm doing, thank you for your time and kind words!
Jsmith26ga

Likes Received: 1

Postby zero145 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:52 am

Of course! Glad I could help.

I wish you the best of luck!
zero145

Likes Received: 4