22 days in Canabis withdrawal, rough physical symptoms again

Postby Scoobersss » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:18 pm

Hi all. I’ll start by giving the background information. I smoked about every night for 6+ years from around age 17-23 to self medicate for sleep. It was primarily a couple bowls a night but there were plenty of times were it was more.

I finally decided to stop a few weeks ago and the first ten days were a living hell. Two trips to the ER, one from intense stomach pain and the other from fainting(food was impossible to get down). Blood work, CT scan and thyroid checked out.

The symptoms I would describe are well, all of the bad ones in all honesty. I couldn’t function or sleep those first 10 days, sweating, shaking, stomach pain, headache you name it. However, after about day 5, things sucked but started to suck less a little bit every day. By day 13-14 most of the physical symptoms had almost gone away. Some grogginess/cloudiness over the next week but I felt infinitely better than I did before.

So a couple nights ago I had a weird random mood swing that left me feeling weirdly sad, but it passed quickly. The next day something similar happens in the morning and my body feels a little off. Felt spacey and a little dissy and a little sad. Very slowly throughout the day my body feels worse and worse and by 6-7 PM I’m extremely dissy, clamy, feeling bad pain in my stomach and have an odd headache. Was pretty rough. Got much better towards the end of the night and I managed to fall asleep.

I wake up this morning with again, bad stomach pain. The other symptoms I was feeling are back too, however not nearly as bad.

The prevailing theory among my family is that it’s because THC is finally leaving my body for the first time in over half of a decade. I’ve heard 21-28 days usually for it to leave the body, and I have been working out a good amount.

Does this sound right to you guys? Some explanation for this feelings would bring me a ton of peace but don’t lie to me if you don’t think that’s it.
Scoobersss

Likes Received: 1

Postby justthe2ofus » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:13 am

Hi
Well done in making it so far and persevering

I have smoked for a decade and have quite several times for up to 6 months and I would say way you are experiencing is normal for the 1 month mark

It usually takes me 6-8 weeks till I feel it's out of my system.

However this is only my opinion and experience

Stay strong brother

hope to be clean aswell someday soon. Once iv run out lol
justthe2ofus

Likes Received: 0

Postby Jvc300Cali » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:44 am

i feel the same way been smokin since like 16 im 19 i smoked almost daily first weed then wax now i want to stop i feel sick in the mornings and i feel hungry in my atomach but i just dont feel like eating is this normal or what i went to the doctor yesterday they gave me some vitamins b-12 and something else because sometimes in the mornings i throw up this stomach acid i just feel depressed right now and know i should stop for my health is it normal to feel this way stomach growling but no apetite what so ever i had to take a small hit just to see if it would make me feel better
Jvc300Cali

Postby Jvc300Cali » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:51 am

do you guys eat breakfast or get an appetite at all the first week im trying to stop smoking and im putting the effort but i just been laying in bed these past 2 days i dont even turn onmy playstation just not even in the mood all ive been doing is barely eating trying to drink a lot of water and listening to sad songs can u guys tell me if u felt that way the no appetite
Jvc300Cali

Postby twasmycomfortblanket » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:05 pm

Jvc300Cali wrote:do you guys eat breakfast or get an appetite at all the first week im trying to stop smoking and im putting the effort but i just been laying in bed these past 2 days i dont even turn onmy playstation just not even in the mood all ive been doing is barely eating trying to drink a lot of water and listening to sad songs can u guys tell me if u felt that way the no appetite

i noticed a lack of energy and appetite which lasted for the first week or so for myself. it wasnt every day, it sort of came and went in bouts, sometimes i had to force myself to eat to ensure i'd have enough energy to get through the day or to ensure that i wouldn't possibly faint from not eating. Your sickness may just the hunger. i use to have a cup of tea for breakfast and survive on tea all morning, felt sick a few times a day. Try and force yourself to get into a habit of having breakfast in the morning as (and i know i probably sound like your parents) you need to keep energy levels up as you need energy from somewhere to get you through to lunchtime. When you were smoking this might not have been as big an issue, like most of us you probably had the munchies and had food to feed that, by not smoking your not having that extra food so your body isnt getting the same amount of energy it was before, so you need breakfast more..

Keep drinking as much water as you can, they suggest for everyone to drink up to 2l a day but even a normal person wont manage this. The water will help to flush out some of the toxins which the smoking has build up in your system.

Part of the depression may be anxiety caused by giving up, its hard to say how long it will last because everyone is different, mines lasted a 2-3 weeks but it would be helped by occupying your mind with things. If your not doing anything then your mind things about smoking.

Hang in there, first month is the worst
twasmycomfortblanket

Likes Received: 1

Return to Addictions