Please, someone help me (insomnia/weed)

Postby BeadyEyeFan2017 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:43 pm

Today is Dec. 11. I quite weed back on Oct 21. I wrote the date down and everything.

I have not touched it since. I have no cravings for it. But I have insomnia. I did briefly have night sweats they were bad, really bad... the sweats passed.

Bad dreams for a bit but those are now just normal dreams.

But my body refuses to stay asleep and its killing me, I fall asleep no problem but always constantly wake up thru out the night and it is driving me INSANE.

Can someone please tell me this will pass.

I regret getting into weed but I also regret quitting right now
BeadyEyeFan2017

Likes Received: 1

Postby mikeabbot » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:00 pm

It will pass. I am at 90 days. My sleep started getting better at 75 days approx. But there are still days when I can't sleep properly. It's hard but it gets better with time. Keep in mind that everyone experience it a bit differently.
Stay strong.
mikeabbot

Likes Received: 25

Postby awspencer » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:57 am

I've taken Melatonin in the past to help with sleep, otherwise all I can say is it will pass. Good luck
awspencer

Likes Received: 0

Postby dariaengse » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:47 pm

I feel you! Insomnia has probably been my number one issue with quitting weed, at least it definitely was in the beginning. I´ve slept absolutely perfectly for the last two weeks however and can´t describe how great that is, never going to underestimate sleep problems ever again.

I never struggled with staying asleep, but dealt with the inability to fall asleep for almost 5 months, the first 3 weeks were extreme in this regard.
dariaengse

Likes Received: 7

Postby foreveryoung » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:12 pm

I'm dealing with a lot of stress / anxiety at the moment but whilst I gave up weed nearly 7 weeks ago, insomnia has been lingering for a while now. Weirdly after serious insomnia on weeks 2 and 3, I had a week of relatively normal sleep and weeks 5 and 6 I have had a lot of trouble , mainly waking up several times a night . I always seem to have a tension headache too.

Heart rate is always 85-100 which concerns me a little but with so much going on I expect it would df be higher than normal anyway.
foreveryoung

Postby ashthewarrior7 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:54 pm

Yes the withdrawals comes in waves, so some days you're sleeping well then again you're back to bad sleep. Increased heart rate and blood pressure happens because of the stress and anxiety your body is going through. If you don't quit now it's going to be tougher later.
ashthewarrior7

Likes Received: 38

Postby InkChalk » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:32 am

I too have problems not waking up in the middle if the night.
Does anyone else wake up because theyre so dehydrated and thirsty?
Im starting to think sodium intake may have an affect on sleep??

Awspencers mention of melatonin is intereting, im curious to try it.
I found vitamin d also helps. But im not convinced on supplements being the one all cure all answer.

Edit: i just read a medical article that confirms sodium intake will decrease REM sleep, increase waking up in the middle of night. A curious connection ive never noticed till now. Less salt for me!
InkChalk

Likes Received: 13

Postby ashthewarrior7 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:30 am

Sounds more like you're losing a lot more water via sweat than usual, hence dehydration. Just up your intake of water.
ashthewarrior7

Likes Received: 38

Postby foreveryoung » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:21 pm

one thing is i get when i wake up during the night (usually about 4-5 times) i will have intrusive thoughts. I usually can ignore it and go to sleep. The vivid dreams are also freaking me out, but i guess its because i am waking up so often that i can recall them? Usually i can block the thoughts out and get back to sleep. The body sweats are a pain but at least i am becoming used to them.

I guess its just because i have a lot on my mind and whilst my anxiety has improved it still persists.
foreveryoung