domestic violence

Postby turtleswim » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:16 pm

I am finishing graduate school. I live with my Mom. She is bi-polar. I know from experience that she has trouble with transitions, holidays and any changes to her routine. I thought, "She might escalate close to when I graduate and threaten me more with throwing me out." She has a friend visiting for a month. He is schizophrenic, has restless leg syndrome and heart disease. He got angry at me last night because I ate some tortillas. Yesterday was my last official day in my last seminar in grad school. Here is what I wrote about my interaction with this visitor last night: "He said, "I wanna punch you in the face,' last night. He was making noise in the kitchen so I went out there. He angrily asked, "Where are the tortillas?" I said, "They're gone, are you angry?" He said, "Yes, you don't do enough around here to help your Mom." I said, "look at me, look at me." Then he said, "I wanna punch you in the face." Then I called 911 for security. They told me to stay in my room. I went to my room and went to sleep. I have not seen him yet today. Mom yelled out another homelessness threat. All she said this morning was, "return His clothes." I called my Dad in my room. He warned Him to not threaten me. I knew finishing grad school would be weird, just not this weird." Anyone else out there experience weird synchronicities when something wonderful (graduation) and something terrible (domestic violence) happen simultaneously?
turtleswim

Likes Received: 2

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:02 am

So you called 911 and (1) the police didn’t show up and (2) you went to sleep. That doesn’t sound like domestic violence.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 1093

Return to Psychology