27 months quit - i give up

Postby Cthompson21 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:13 am

wow what an inspiration!!! PAWS is without a doubt the most difficult trial I've experienced in life. I hope to get through it and get through to the other side like you did.
Cthompson21

Likes Received: 34

Postby Armstrong » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:27 am

2yearquit wrote:this is hell on earth I am 27 months clean from weed on christmas day and no longer want to live like this. The waves of depression and hopelessness i feel on a weekly basis is heartbreaking to say the least after been quit for so long.
I do not know what to do.

27 months is a long time. I was in Isolation in a psychiatric hospital for 3 years, almost, i broke down in the last week i was there. I almost couldn't breathe, i struggeled. Then they transferred me (to a more open place). In that place i had somewhere to take a break, where i was broken (break down - broken) until they wanted or i "naturally" ended up in belt-bed. Repeatedly.

Last i heard i am not Psychotic, wheres as before they said i was Psychotic / Addicted.

You need to find someone who can help you, and take away your freedom to return to weed. Like your friends. Until you're clean.
Armstrong

Postby BullFrog » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:39 pm

Cthompson, you can do this bro. Don't you dare give up. You are strong and you will get through this. It's sucks at times and even hell at other times, but time is your friend not your enemy. Day by day bro. Day by day.

And Armstrong, if you read later on, it took him almost 3 years. But now 2 yearquit is all healed and normal again.

@2yearquit, I am SO glad you just happened to stop by on this forum! I don't think it was coincidence as your story helps so many people and I just "happened" to decide to revive it the same night you logged in. Anyway, definitely hop in every now and then and check this thread in case anyone asks questions. I believe astro did already. As you can imagine, people like you make a huge difference to so many. My story is quite odd. I took legit non-laced weed 4 times in 1 week (end of January 2018). Then for the next several weeks I experienced severe anxiety, fatigue, loss of appetite, dizziness, headache, unable to read to my kids etc (scariest time in my life). Then for the next several months later all that remains is a slight buzzy/dizziness that irritates me and sometimes distracts. And sometimes a brief anxiety comes and goes but its rare. I'm grateful I never had the severity that most had but granted i only took weed 4 times. But despite that, stories like yours and others give me hope because even though it is crazy that little did so much to me, I know I can get fully well again if others like you who abused it for so many years eventually healed.

Definitely stay around 2yearquit as your words will continue to be a source of hope for YEARS to come I'm sure. I hope you have a wonderful week and I am so happy you are well again and can seize your life back!
BullFrog

Likes Received: 57

Postby Cali-Detroit » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:13 am

Hey there 2YQ, thanks for checking in again. It's great to hear your progress and it is inspiring. I too was here almost daily for the first 3 or 4 months and I think be that's common, as that seems to be a critical time. I too have drifted in and out, but I also got a square job, albeit low paying, but hey I'm busy every day, and I'm active and staying strong. I'm also hustling side work and saving money to buy the family a decent car. My credit score has gone up 30 points as well. So a lot of tangible benefits for myself and more importantly, for my family who rely on me so heavily. Now dad is paying attention to life and the future and living in reality.

All that said, at 6 months now, the mental side is still very tough. I say fk it all, what's the point, I'm this, I'm that, and get on a real negative train at times, down on myself and doing the usual BS. But I'm hanging in there, and stories like this and the other long term people on here keep me going. I'm excited to see 12 mo, 18, 24, THIRTY SEVEN!! That's awesome dude, seriously. So, marching ever forward, through the fog and the muck...the struggle continues!

Peace to all, stay up
Cali-Detroit

Likes Received: 90

Postby soulvice » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:00 pm

Hey 2yearquit, definitely a massive inspiration to someone like me who is going through this for the 2nd time. One question I have for you is how bad did your memory and your depersonalisation get? I too suffer a lot with conversation and working because my short term memory is so bad it’s hard to retain anything long enough to engage with people and my work and my spatial awareness / focus is always off with the depersonalisation, but I had been at a stage in my previous recovery last year where I felt this was much improved so just wondering how bad yours was during your 2years suffering (if you remember that is haha)

Cheers
soulvice

Likes Received: 10

Previous