Addition

Postby Mattykk » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:10 pm

Today is the first day I'm stopping weed,I've smoked it everyday for 30 yrs, it helped me into smack and crack and almost everything else drug wise,I've come off everything apart from the weed,I don't have people in my life to help and give me support so any support would mean alot, not even 24hrs and I'm getting agitated
Mattykk

Likes Received: 0

Postby HDog455 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:07 am

Hey Matty, sorry no one has responded until now - supposing a lot of folks are still on holiday. It is almost 10 years to the day since I quit a 30-year chronic weed addiction. Though unlike you I didn't get into any other drugs except booze.

Hoping you're still persevering with your quit - believe me when I say that life is 1000 times better without weed. I will never go back. I would suggest that you read back through this forum to get an idea what other former addicts experienced when dealing with their addiction. My story began almost 10 years ago and is well documented here. All the best.
HDog455
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 91

Postby EdenG » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:49 am

Hey Matty,

I hope you're doing okay and that you're still on the road to getting "clean".

What would you like to discuss?
You can ask me any questions you like; I only smoked for 3 years nightly and have not had issues with other drugs (as I've not taken them), but I am someone who is in the "early" stages of quitting. My 3 months was this Saturday just gone.

I'm here to talk to as support if you still want it :)

Take it easy on yourself and keep saying "no" to that voice in your head telling you that you want to smoke.
You've decided you don't want to smoke anymore and you have more power over your actions than that little voice.

Thanks for being here :)
EdenG

Likes Received: 17

Return to Addictions