12 hours sober: The Marijuana Diaries :-C

Postby Sightblack » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:51 am

Pothead1990 wrote:@asgoodasitgets thank you, it's always a pleasure to meet new folks on the forum. I am not doing well. I require professional help. l can't do it alone, I now see. My rate of relapse makes my participation here a joke. I will keep trying all the same.
Thank you all.

Don't give up on yourself just yet. It took me a long time to finally make the step. Prior to my 22 days weed free on here... the most I was able to quit was for hours... I sought out professional help but it didn't help either. I even considering committing myself to rehab because that is how badly I wanted to quit. Thankfully I didn't have to do that. I found many stories on here to be inspiring. You need to find a hobby that doesn't involve smoking or being in the company of smokers. For me, it is guitar, video games, and bar hopping. Bar hopping isn't really any better than smoking... but I was smoking and bar hopping before... You MUST find a healthy outlet to get your mind off the pot. The monotony and boredom are the hardest things to overcome next to the slew of withdrawals I suspect you are experiencing.

Don't expect nothing for free in this world. You have to work for every inch of success in this life, and it is a very rocky road to endure. You are absolutely capable of success though. After that first week, you will gain a lot of clarity and productivity in your life. I was astounded at how busy I started keeping myself after I started getting over those terrible withdrawals.

Remove your ashtrays and paraphernalia so that it is out of sight and out of mind. Put anything that triggers you in a box and stow it away! WRITE A BREAK UP LETTER from the bottom on your heart. Don't leave anything out and after you write it, read it out loud to yourself. It helps put things into perspective I believe. These are all things that helped me. Lots of people choose to start exercising or jogging, which will help you sweat and cough those chemicals out that much faster too. It is all about self improvement. No matter what you do, don't give up on yourself though. Nobody can do this for you. It has to be your hard work and your achievement.

In the words of a Hollywood philosopher: "I'm trying to free your mind Neo. I can only show you the door, your the one that has to walk through it."
Sightblack

Likes Received: 29

Postby asgoodasitgets » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:29 am

Sightblack wrote:Don't expect nothing for free in this world. You have to work for every inch of success in this life, and it is a very rocky road to endure.

So, so true. Sightblack, I could not have put it better. Nobody is gonna hand us our sobriety, we have to reach out and take it. It is a sacrifice, but one that will lead to riches untold (so cheesy and true though).

@ Pothead1990 - I disagree with you. Your participation here IS NOT a joke. To stop smoking weed, we first have to change the way we perceive our relationship with marijuana. The fact that you are here reading and interacting says to me that something in your thinking has already changed. You are digesting new ideas and information, perhaps you are starting to redefine how you have viewed marijuana's role in your life. Nobody is going to quit overnight...think of your sobriety as a seed that you planted. Before you reap the rewards of harvest, the seed must first germinate and grow. It has the potential to grow into a mighty tree if provided with nutrients, light, and water. Same with your life, bro. Maybe you haven't germinated your seed yet, but you have definitely planted it. If you hadn't, you wouldn't be wasting your time here.

There is nothing unique to your problem, my friend. What unites all of us here, from different continents all around the world, is that we are addicts. Together, we share a common enemy, ourselves. That said, our unity, experience, and collective wisdom arms us all with powerful tools.

There is nothing about you here that is a joke. I am sorry you are struggling, I definitely understand it. But let me tell you, all you have to do is believe, abstain and you will see changes in your life. I write this to you as I am rebuilding my life from the ground up, except for the first time in years I feel hope. I want you to feel this as well...YOU GOT THIS!

-Alex
asgoodasitgets

Likes Received: 98

Postby ReynoldsJam » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:46 pm

A irie (stoned) consciousness, is some dimension to Leave!
It Carry's some of our best experiences in our memory's.

An attachment to our life, once LoVeD cherished!

Of course it seems almost impossible to leave!

Can seem like Your trading irie consciousness for something less... Its wrong.

Give up weed and live in a constant state of amazement.
OrNot... :/
ReynoldsJam

Likes Received: 6

Postby ReynoldsJam » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:13 pm

The more you incorporated cannabis with your life the more difficult it is to depart from it. Some give up easy because they haven't incorporated it into their lives as much. Everyone is experiencing all different levels of difficultly. Mine is the worst. I'm aware of that. I've done everthing in life on weed, the thought of how difficult it is to change that ... WO..
ReynoldsJam

Postby ReynoldsJam » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:24 pm

If you've been doing weed on everything you do on life, and you think you can do that everything without it. Great, some people smoke only at nights and think they've got a lot to change, imagine full time stoners who love to smoke it all the time with everything in life ( no problem if you do) its a lot difficult and the side effects !!! The Side effect of not smoking before work, side effect to not smoking before eating, side effect to music you created on weed. Endless. If you have to only deal with side effects from getting to sleep without it. Be relieved.
ReynoldsJam

Postby ReynoldsJam » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:27 pm

The more you smoke, prepare to endure a alot more significant road of uneasiness... Love to all .
ReynoldsJam

Previous