Not spending lot money - people call me greedy

Postby Hamming » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:05 pm

Hello.

One thing does not make any sense long time. I earn money so hard. I have been fired from 3 jobs out of 5. So I try to spend money wisely.

I have heard lot of anger towards me at jobs. I spend ton of my time on those jobs. Why I should give that money to who did not deserve it?

Also even if I would have ton of money and I spend lot of them to people who did not deserve it, again I am called greedy.

If I spend a lot of money to people, then they might become my friends more because they like getting my money.

It all does not make sense to spend money.
Hamming
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 2

Postby Livetowin » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:11 pm

One early lesson I got from my life is that having money gives you choices. Having no money means you depend on other people's choices. But it IS important to build a structure for what you want to do. Once you have enough money put aside for six months worth of bills start using your money on a more even balance. Spend a little, save a little, and give a little. Your interests are covered.
Livetowin
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 85

Postby laureat » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:48 pm

It depends on situations

If i was to move to a different city and have no friends around; well i would not mind to buy someone a drink until i get more comfortable, and get to know more ppl

If i would have new job, i may not mind spending until i would integrate ,

So you paying to find new friends, to integrate, to learn from someone who knows better, consider that as an investment

You dont need to always pay for the drinks to some losers,
laureat

Likes Received: 110

Postby Hamming » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:55 am

If i would have new job, i may not mind spending until i would integrate ,

but then when you integrate and stop spending money on them, they might not like it because they are used to you spending money on them. Is not the reality?

Or especially with girls. I had a girlfriend to who I spent money, and it never stopped. It became a norm, and it hurted me to go to dates, esepcially go somewhere more far away. On one hand I like the girl, but on the other hand I hated going to dates because it will cost me.
Hamming
Preferred Member

Postby laureat » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:07 am

if someone is mature; most of times they will be thankful for what you paid and wont expect you to always be paying, and they always make it easier for you to make decisions, thats what mature and intelligent ppl are about

If someone is imature or stupid and expexts you to always be paying: well that is their problem not your problem;

Lets just say you go somewhere and a drink is 5.00 euros , and three guys on a table , ordering 3 drinks which = 15, you can simply put 5 euros on the table and say here is for my drink, and thats it,

If you feel bad about it try to find a playful way to do it, funny way, like saying: excuse me guys but im greedy; or whatsoever you think its funny, but at the end you are saving oneselves the money, instead of saying im not greedy and paying 15
laureat

Postby laureat » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:39 pm

just to remind you; its only what i do, it doesnt mean you cannot find better ways

But you have to know there is a difference

If I go out with someone to help me find a job its an investment you are not just going out : and who pays the drinks is not my concern i pay the drinks i reward for the help

If someone calls me to go out and waste my time i dont even care who is paying, i may not even go out, i prefer to simply walk and burn some calories and see if something new at the city

So most of the times i am paying because i go out with ppl i need to go out and make progress

But if its only ppl you happen to meet daily like school, studies, job, whatsoever everyone gets to pay for himself there is no such thing as being greedy

But even that, there may be someone at the job that has important knowlege to share and you want to get that; its again an investment and you should not worry who is paying

If you are about to go out with a hot lady why would you even care who is paying? You should even buy presents
But if you start a relationship you may consider to lower your spendings gradualy if you have gone too high

Ppl even take luxury cars for rent just to take a hot gold digger out, and have some fun

Its not a good bait if you call someone out and say but everyone gets to pay for themselves: a woman wants to find someone who is supportive and helpher out of responsibilities you dont see a hot lady going out with someone who only makes troubles on them and pays for nothing,
laureat

Postby Hamming » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:43 pm

If I go out with someone to help me find a job its an investment you are not just going out : and who pays the drinks is not my concern i pay the drinks i reward for the help

But even that, there may be someone at the job that has important knowlege to share and you want to get that; its again an investment and you should not worry who is paying

yea, that makes sense when it is an investment. And its interesting that those people who are worth the money, they do not even want to take.

If you are about to go out with a hot lady why would you even care who is paying? You should even buy presents

Ppl even take luxury cars for rent just to take a hot gold digger out, and have some fun

if they have money and can let themselves spend for fun, then its good for them. They probably earn a lot, and it is not hard for them to earn. And if it does not become like forever thing, its easier. When you want to stop spending, you stop.

But for me it is hard to earn.
Hamming
Preferred Member

Postby Hamming » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:44 am

Again I am thinking about it because my friends constantly say I am greedy or jew.

It feels like I am bad person for being greedy when they call me like this. But buy being greedy I do not do anything bad for them. Also it especially feels bad when my friends wife who takes more from friend than gives to him still calls me greedy. I think the one who takes more than gives is much more greedy and manipulative than the one who does not give. And it feels like by calling me greedy they want to manipulate me into giving money, and throwing food to trash. For me it looks stupid to do this. So if I am not greedy, I am stupid. I do not want to be stupid.

I agree about all the investment things you mentioned earlier. But I am called greedy when I drink beer, or try to eat everything I bought even when I do not want - just to not throw the food to trash.

Am I bad when I am greedy when I do not see good investment opportunity or give something as saying thank you for something? If so - why? I feel like I am not, and I should be proud of it because I then am not stupid, and also I try to not throw food to trash - its waste of earth resources.
Hamming
Preferred Member