It's been 4 months

Postby Bagobones » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:35 am

mikeabbot wrote:Hey Bagobones!

By cravings I mean actual cravings, similar to when you need a cigarette. To me it feels like my heart-rate goes up, I start shaking a bit and my mind is occupied with the idea of lighting up a fat one.

You forgot to mention the sweating hands. At least I get shaking sweating hands. :D

Yes I did. Two times last summer. Both times was me pushing my luck. The first time i caved and smoked 2 joints. Or I could not finish the second one. My tolerance was like a beginner smoker, and my rolling skills was the skills of a seasoned stoner. I was shaking and sweating so bad i almost had to meditate to calm myself down enough to actually manage to skinn up the spliffs..

The second time I was hanging out with a friend, that tried to sell me some weed. It was damn cheap and good quality, so I bought it to give to another friend as a gift. But my other friend was away so I had to hang on to it for a few weeks. I had to take it to a third friend, because I could not handle sitting on it..

Those two times was a little before my 1 year mark. The strange thing was that I see it here and there still. I still have stoner friends. So it came out of nowhere.

How was your winter? I see your a snowboarder and a skater. I just got my skateboard out now, and I am heading for some Asian surf in a months time. My country had the deepest of the deep powder winter that I can remember. So lucky to be in good health without smokers lungs for that....
Bagobones

Likes Received: 135

Postby mikeabbot » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:21 am

I don't think it's about nutrition or vitamin pills, but rather a thing of keeping yourself occupied. It sure does help in the beginning but the rest is up to you, time and being physicaly active. When it feels bad, just keep telling yourself that it does get better. Cause it does. And I know how hard it is to tell yourself you'll be fine when you're feeling like sh**. But it is so worth it.
I haven't had a bad episode in more than 10 days now and I feel relieved.

Keep in mind that I don't feel "normal" yet but I feel good. My positive feelings are not back 100% but I'm sure they will be in some time. I never believed people with depression are feeling so down, I always thought they're overreacting. Now...
Now I know and I feel like a total douche for not being able to understand.

Regarding the self-sabotaging thing -> So true. You need to replace bad habits with healthy ones.

All the best,
Mike
mikeabbot

Likes Received: 21

Postby Whyalwaysme » Sun May 06, 2018 10:39 pm

Hello mikeabbot, i am having some trouble with ed because of marijuana abuse. I just wanted to know if you were able to fully recover from you erectile dysfunction, (or at least get near a full recovery) and how much time did it take you to see some good improvements.

Thank you for taking your time
Whyalwaysme

Likes Received: 0

Postby mikeabbot » Mon May 07, 2018 1:29 pm

Whyalwaysme wrote:Hello mikeabbot, i am having some trouble with ed because of marijuana abuse. I just wanted to know if you were able to fully recover from you erectile dysfunction, (or at least get near a full recovery) and how much time did it take you to see some good improvements.

Thank you for taking your time

I still have issues when I have bad days. It is the same if I'm tired or I drink alcohol (especially beer).
But these days are slowly vanishing and I feel better and better.
I'm 100% sure that my issues are psychological and not a disease related issue.

How long are you off weed?
What exactly are your issues?
Do you get an erection when you're alone. How about in the morning?

All the best,
Mike
mikeabbot

Postby Whyalwaysme » Mon May 07, 2018 4:27 pm

I have smoked some bad quality weed fro 2 years, 2 or 3 joint a day (i'm 21). And i noticed not a total impotence, but yes a significant decrease in the time and strenght of my erections. If i am with a new girl i have trouble getting it up. (It's good to mention i could have sex with my ex girlfriend some time ago)

Now i have been for the last 2 month a very casual user, and morning wood is showing some days. Some days i have good erections while masturbating and some othersare bad. but i still feel far from myself, in the past i was able to have sex whenever i wanted to

Should i expect improvements? Or things will keep low? How much time do i have to wait for better boners?
Whyalwaysme

Postby helenadoc » Mon May 07, 2018 6:46 pm

Hi guys. Uhmm i'm a girl soo i don't know how much this comment will help, but mike is right about the psychological issue.
It might sound too personal what i'm about to say, but **** it. I was a very sexual being. I mean i looooved to have sex, almost like a nymphomaniac. I used to have such intense orgasms, i thought my head was gonna explode. When i started to smoke things got even more intense.
I've been like this forever, until i stopped smoking. My whole desire of sex was completely gone. My boyfriend tried to get me in the mood in all the possible ways, but nothing happened. I felt so numb, so out of it,i thought i will turn into a frigid. It was one of my biggest problems since i've quit.
I'm 3 days till my 10 month mark. In these months i had sex like 15-20 times max (all of them were at , lets say, 40-50% quality). Even when i tried to masturbate, i couldn't get the effect that i wanted: i didn't get wet, the orgasm was very weak. It was sad, really.
Now, when i say mike is right: last week was a very good one. I think i'm seeing a light at the end of the tunnel, though i'm afraid to think about it and then get a slap back from paws. Since last week, my anxiety and depression subsided a lot, no more obssesive thoughts and if they come i am able to control them. I'm still bothered by symptoms but they are at a minimum, which openned the other window: my sex drive is BACK with all the sensations. I have sex everyday since last week :)) I'm getting soo turned on that i almost forgot how it felt. Almost all of the anxiety tension from my muscles was released.
The psychological burden of anxiety and depression is so heavy, that puts our pleasures under the shadows, because our brains need to survive it, and they come out only when we are free of them.
I hope i gave you a different insight on this matter :)
helenadoc

Likes Received: 44

Postby Whyalwaysme » Tue May 08, 2018 1:56 am

Thats good to hear, i am so glad you got your sex drive back. The thing is that i think i'm in a different boat, because my problem does not come from quitting weed, i think that weed actually was the cause of my weak erections.

Although, it could be possible that my sex drive returns to normal after 10 month as it happened to you.

But for now i'm still depressed because of my weak erections. in adittion, i dont know if getting my sex drive back will solve my problem. I need help :cry:
Whyalwaysme

Postby mikeabbot » Tue May 08, 2018 6:38 am

Exactly!

I had so many issues in the last months that I got into a circle of overthinking about the sex issue. As a single guy that ended a long-term relationship all I wanted is too met new girls and I couldn't. No that puts an immense pressure on you. Now put this into an account during your withdrawals and it all starts to make sense.
You brain goes into a safe-mode and won't allow you to do some things for a reason - to be able to heal itself and create new patterns.

I didn't have erection issues while smoking though. Just make sure you visit your physician and do some tests to clear out any other factors. I did.

helenadoc:
The muscle tension is crazy. To me it comes in waves and it's almost always in the lower legs. It's a weird sensation. But as soon my legs start to get tense, my mind also wonders. So there is definately a connection going on there.

All the best!
Mike
mikeabbot

Postby helenadoc » Tue May 08, 2018 6:50 am

Mine are coming in waves too. The first months it was all over my body, then got down to my legs as well. Now it's my back. Last night for example i went to see the avengers :)) i had a little trouble breathing at the cinema and when i got home and go to bed: tension in my back that didn't go away. No matter what position i took in bed in order to relax, i couldn't. It's like someone else pulls the strings on my muscles and i can't control it. I fell asleep and this morning was gone :)
helenadoc

Likes Received: 44

Postby Whyalwaysme » Sat May 12, 2018 2:34 am

Hello fellas
After some days i arrived to the conclusion that erection is not my problem, my problem is the lack of sexual desire (not cause by quitring but forsmoking two years)
I wanted to know if it is possible to recover my sex drive (hellenadoc said that her's was back after 10 month, but she had low sex drive from quitting weed, not for abusing)
Do you think that it's posible to recover my sex drive 100%?
Whyalwaysme

Postby mikeabbot » Thu May 24, 2018 11:21 am

@Whyalwaysme

Exactly. It's the sex drive that is causing the issue.

It's been 8,5 months for me now. And I feel much better, but there are still days that are just awful.
I've been away for the weekend with my girlfriend and everything was perfect, sex was awesome, we enjoyed it really much.
But last night when we were at my place it was like months before, no sex drive, like I'm touching an object, not a person I adore. That got me into the cycle of anxiety again and bam - lost erection. I hate this so much.
This is PAWS, it comes and goes in waves.
What helps my sex drive is not masturbating. This pumps up my testosterone levels a lot. Try it if possible.

But most of all, it takes time.
Did you have some bad experience with girl in the past? Bad relationship anything like that?

re, Mike
mikeabbot

Postby mikeabbot » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:41 pm

9 months today! :)
Feeling extremely proud!
Still have some issues, mainly with dizziness. Went for an EMG scan for neuropathy and it showed nothing. Glad that is cleared.
Overall the last two week showed much improvement again. I'm happy and fine with the fact that it may take some more time to fully adjust.

What was your symptoms at 9 months? I know some of you still had the negative mindset at that point, but was any of you cool but having physical issues at that point?

all the best,
Mike
mikeabbot

Previous