Just hit 90 days no weed.

Postby imondayXX » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:31 pm

Hello everyone:
I've been browsing this forum for the last couple of months and have to say that it has been a godsend. Reading everyone's stories and relating to the symptoms and thoughts have really kept me going. I used to think that 30 days was all I needed to be sober from weed, but 30 days is really only the first milestone.

My Story:
I was a very casual smoker (once a month) until about 5 years ago I started smoking more regularly. At least every 2-3 days, but when I smoked I smoked a lot and sometimes many days in a row, many joints shared per night. I never thought it was an issue until I started to quit and see the benefits almost immediately. Within first 2 weeks I would get mental clarity that would continue. Your thoughts and emotions are all over the place and these new thoughts of reality are scary at first, but they are reality that you need to face. Our minds are goal seeking so face your fears and reality as it is the only true way to live a fulfilled life and to your potential. Marijuana will lie to you and as the classic saying goes "it gives on one hand and will take from the other". Ie. You'll have great ideas and ambitions, but marijuana will take away your ability to execute them.

Symptoms:
On and off for the past 3 months I've experienced the following. Things are not 100% yet but everyday things get a little better: Muscle aches / bach aches, fatigue, depression, depersonalization, exhaustion, low energy, sore throat, a feeling in my throat that is not sore but just won't go away, constant cold symptoms, nightmares, interrupted sleep.

90 Days Clean:
I should also note that I am 16 days without any booze. I had originally drank booze and ate a poor diet when I quit to mask it but I think that only made things worse. The last couple of days have turned a corner. My energy and zest for life have returned with a vengeance. I'm sure I'm still going to have small dips in energy and fatigue, but overall I am feeling like a new man. Much better than I felt before. I still have the weird feelig in my throat and can still feel some symptoms but mentally I have the strength to push through and can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Summary:
I don't recognize the life I had before. Drinking and smoking. I don't even want to be doing that anymore, and don't get me wrong I LOVED smoking weed, but I was slowly destroying my life. Weed truly is the Peter Pan drug that will inhibit you from getting to the next chapter of your life. If you are healthy there is no reason for you to smoke weed. It only will mask your problems that will still be there when you eventually stop. Have the courage to face life without having the mask it with drugs and alcohol. It will destroy you, your career and your relationships. Why live a mediocre life when you can live an amazing one? I wish you all love and all the best. Not meant to be a preacher here, just excited that I'm on the path to taking my life back and I hope that you do the same! :)

~imondayXX
imondayXX

Likes Received: 1

Postby tokeless » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:45 pm

Hi,
I think it's important to own your own issues rather that project them and generalise. Of course many people have many reasons to start and stop smoking weed and don't always get the issues you state. I'm very qualified in my field and achieved all of my qualifications over 35 years smoking daily. I believe it actually helped in some ways but there's no way of knowing that. I have no regrets from smoking but am glad I stopped when I did and for the reasons I did. I have raised two amazing sons and have a relationship many would envy.
I hope you achieve your goal but just felt you got a bit evangelical, which you did acknowledge. We all look at the world through different windows but it's the same world.
tokeless

Likes Received: 237

Postby imondayXX » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:04 pm

@tokeless Sorry I didn't mean to offend you, this is only my perspective and how I am now feeling about weed now that I've made it over the hump. I have no regrets either as I feel that marijuana also helped me cut back on alcohol and helped me through a hard time, but long term I feel strongly that if you are healthy that smoking weed is not a good idea and will inhibit you from leading your life to your true potential.
imondayXX

Postby tokeless » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:33 pm

No offence taken. Some people go through this big weed is the cause of all my woes which I personally think is wasted energy. Just quit and move on and leave the analysis alone because you can't change yesterday but you can influence tomorrow. Each to their own I guess but I regret nothing that has taught me something. Best wishes
tokeless

Postby imondayXX » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:55 pm

@tokeless Sans analysis would be against who I am, ha. I do see your point but to be clear I don't have any regrets, those experiences made me who I am today, but also personally I'm very happy that I didn't continue along that path that I felt was holding me back. At the same time, I believe I needed that period to give my mind a break and marijuana helped me during that time.

Also for the record, I've seen a lot of your posts and want to personally thank you for your contributions to this forum that has been a big help for me. I only posted today not to preach but to contribute my experience hoping it would help someone else on their journey.
imondayXX

Postby tokeless » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:18 pm

No worries.
tokeless

Postby Irishweedfreeguy » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:24 pm

Congrats on hitting the 90 day mark and great to hear your journal and see things are going well!!
Your an inspiration to me and I'm sure many others will take a lot from it!!
Well done and keep going buddy
Irishweedfreeguy

Likes Received: 11

Postby InkChalk » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:06 pm

Hey iMonday,

Reading your post, i'm 100% with ya, and i can very much relate to what you're saying.

I'm closing in on 60 days, and going through a tough time (that little voice, is occasionally whispers "why not just little toke, ease up the tension"
I too love smoking weed, but hate how it enables constant lethargy; and holds me back from enjoying more things in life.
I've also noticed that my long-term planning, and where i want to see myself becomes much more clear and available the more days clean i have.

I have also quit drinking, and 14 days in... oh boy did it ever make a huge difference!
I found it is such a huge depressant in the days after i drink.

Your words are encouraging, and re-affirming to the choices I've made, and trying (will) to stick to.
Congrats on your accomplishment!

best regards,
InkChalk

Likes Received: 17

Postby imondayXX » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:18 pm

@Irishweedfreeguy happy to hear it, keep pushing ahead, it's SO worth it in the long run.

@inkchalk thank you for your reply and compliments! the urge is still there but it just feels like smoking is taking some huge steps back in life, i'm loving the new path i'm on that is much more rewarding. around the two month point i went from fatigue only in the afternoons to like all day for awhile, did that happen to you? my fatigue is only minor now, still comes in the afternoon, but i just live with it as my energy highs are so worth it..
imondayXX

Postby imondayXX » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:05 pm

Day 99 today.

Still have symptoms and minor fatigue. But on the plus side I now have enough energy to be productive in my career. I'm amazed I still have a job with how little I got done during the first three months. This whole experience has taught me to take my time and enjoy the little things. It's when we are in a rush that we will be tempted to use substances.

Keep strong my friends.. I'll keep checking in with my progress.
imondayXX

Postby imondayXX » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:50 am

Day 112 today...

I still have days where I'm exhausted and can't get much done all day. I have switched to decaf coffee so removing caffeine might have something to do with it. I do enjoy feeling and thinking how my body really feels without any substances, I find I keep peeling the onion back to see clearer. I have days where my throat doesn't bother me at all, but some times I still feel it a bit like today when I'm tired. I think it's just my body telling me I have a still have a ways to go. Still super happy I started this journey as I feel much closer to realizing my dreams that I did before. Before it just felt like I was passing time in life, now I'm in control.
imondayXX

Postby imondayXX » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:05 am

So after 116 days, I had one toke. Totally regretted it. I liked the feel good feelings that I remember all too well, but my withdrawal type symptoms and paranoia came back with a vengeance the days following. I can't believe how much one toke derailed me. Marijuana really isn't for me. I still have no regrets, I'm glad I had that one toke to really prove to myself I'm on the right track.

In other news, the last 4 months have been insanely productive for me. My career is blowing up again and it feels like people are responding to my new energy and I'm attracting the right kind of people into my life again. Physically things have sucked, especially after that one toke, but I know I'm on the right track.
imondayXX

Postby imondayXX » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:42 pm

Hey friends:

So in May 2018 I relapsed and went back to smoking every 2-3 days like I usually did. I had lasted about 6 months being clean. It was a great time but this past December I realized that I had to quit again. I'm on day 41 now. It was reassuring to read my own post at 90 days and how I was feeling then.

I feel that this time I have quit for good. It feels different this time. Having already gone through withdrawal once it was easier this time. What was not easier was all the time I feel I lost during those 6 months of smoking.

My new perspective is the decisions I make while smoking. I often take on too much work and I'm unrealistic about how much work I can get done. If I'm going to get the most out of my life and career I just can't smoke anymore. I don't want to go through this withdrawal again and my time is so valuable.

Stay strong my friends,
-imondayXX
imondayXX

Postby InkChalk » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:54 am

Hey iMonday,
Thanks again for checkin in on my thread.
Ive reread a lot of your posts on this thread of yours, and your honesty and onpoint presence is always refreshing.

I still feel extremely optimistic about your journey, and still think its a continous one. And still an ongoing success.

Im glad you’re back with us.
InkChalk

Likes Received: 17

Postby imondayXX » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:04 am

Thank you very much Inkchalk. Your comments are very rewarding.

I watched this video the other day that I think you will enjoy on addiction.
Search "Overcoming Addiction - The Root Cause Of Every Addiction" on Youtube.

As for me, it feels different this time.. This time sobering up I took time away from work as well and feel that this time it is it for me and I don't feel I will use again.

Keep in touch,
~imondayXX
imondayXX

Next