3 Weeks Weed Free - Life is awesome!

Postby jambobjam » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:58 pm

Hi everyone, haven't posted in a while so thought I would let you all know how i am doing.

It's been 3 weeks (not including one Saturday where I 'experimented' with a gram but i'm not resetting the clock for that). I caught my reflection in the mirror earlier today and realised I was beaming from ear to ear, I feel so good about myself!

I have been the worlds greatest procrastinator for as long as I can remember, being a massive guitar enthusiast I always said I would get lessons but never did, being a skinny guy I always said I would start exercising and eating a healthy diet. Thing is, I always said I would do it "tomorrow", that mystical day that always seems so close but never actually arrives...

Well, in the past 2 weeks I have been working out 3 days a week, have had 2 hour long guitar lessons in which i have learnt SO much, and have not ordered a single takeaway or had my usual Mc Donalds / Burger King at work. I even took the stacks of wood from my old kitchen to the recycling centre!

I really feel renewed, even writing this post, it seems like the words I am writing are just flowing out of my mind easier!

It's still early days and if this is a sign of things to come then i'm all for it, life is for living not stagnating in a cloud of MJ smoke planning for a day that will never come!

I do still struggle with fatigue during the day midweek so work is difficult but eating better and exercising seems to be helping with that, the other negative is sometimes I get agitated with my co-workers and snap at them, again I think this is just a phase learning how to properly deal with emotions instead of being practically numb to them. I have a week off coming soon so that should help.

Would like to thank this forum, and the people on it. Reading similar stories to my own has been such a help and I am so grateful for it.

Will update again when i reach another milestone, stay awesome my friends!
jambobjam

Likes Received: 9

Postby InkChalk » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:28 am

It's so nice to read something so positive, yet you've kept it real; and mentioned the struggles that still go alongside.
Keep it up!
and thank you.
Especially "life is for living, not stagnating in a cloud of MJ smoke & planning for a day that will never come" <- that really hit home with me.
InkChalk

Likes Received: 11

Postby wimmpie » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:38 pm

Nice to read you're doing so well!
Keep up the good work mate ;)
wimmpie

Likes Received: 1

Return to Addictions