A joke for the start of the speech

Postby AlexMatei2000 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:09 pm

Hi, I'm Alex.
I need your help to make a joke for the beginning of the speech.
So, I have a speech about success. I'm going to start it like "Once, i was navigating on the internet, and found a story that seemed interesting ... ", and then I will start the story, but i want to say a joke before the word internet on around there somewhere. I've thought of something like " i' was navigating on the internet, like all the adolescents of today, i wouldn't get up even if i was starving..." or something like this, but this is a bad joke, and my mind could not think of something better.
So can you help me with this simple thing ? By the way , I'm 17 years old, and I study to a informatics college, if it is helpful in some way.
AlexMatei2000

Likes Received: 0

Postby publicspeakingnyc » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:31 am

Jokes are very subjective. Tread cautiously. If you go w/a joke it may be better not to go w/a full on joke as compared with trying to just lighten the mood a little....Take it easy. Smile and others will smile with you. Focus on a great speech first.
publicspeakingnyc

Postby Confidencetalks » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:17 am

I agree with publicspeakingnyc. Jokes aren't always well received by your audience and the timing would have to be spot on. Better to be yourself and bring some light humour into your speech rather than telling a full on joke.
Confidencetalks