So helpful. On day 12 off Weed.

Postby Jonok1 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:19 pm

Just thought I would make a contribution to this forum as I have found it so helpful. After many years having a weed habit I’ve decided to call it a day. It’s not the first time I’ve tried but this time I feel much better prepared. Previous attempts have ended after a few days leaving me feeling as though I might never escape. I’m already feeling better mentally, my main reason for giving up is it was starting to have very negative effects on my mental health, terrible temper and crippling anxiety. I was impossible to be around in the morning until I had had my first blunt. It has caused me to fall out with a lot of friends, hopefully I can rebuild some of the damage over the next few months.
Like most people who have been through the withdrawal I’m not finding it easy but I am feeling better already and I wake in the morning feeling much more energy. I’m getting lots more done in a day which is good as I am self employed.
I have got into the habit of logging on to this site first thing in the morning usually 6am ish, I search “day 10” or which ever day I’m on. It’s great to read through posts from people at the same stage of the journey.
As well as reading I’ve been out every other day on my bike. Usually do 12 miles through the wood, I think this is really helpful, getting some fitness back to which is a bonus, also get a nice natural high.
Hope I can keep strong, so grateful for this site, it fantastic.
Jonok1

Likes Received: 9

Postby asgoodasitgets » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:16 pm

@Jonok1

Thank you so much for posting and welcome to the site. It's awesome that you're coming up on two weeks weed free. Being an everyday smoker for almost 15 years, I know how hard that is.

Isn't it amazingly helpful to read the experiences of others and know what's coming ahead in the journey? This site has been absolutely instrumental in building my faith and courage in myself.

Great to hear you've been exercising too, that will be a huge help in clearing you out quicker and making you feel better along the process. Feel free to reach out if you need any encouragement or simply want to kill some time.

I wish you all the best as you continue your journey my friend. All the best and blessings.

Alex
asgoodasitgets

Likes Received: 100

Postby Sightblack » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:36 am

Hey Jonok1!

Day 9 guy here! I'm glad you posted.

Great job and thanks for contributing! I don't even need this sight for encouragement anymore in regards to my own struggle, but I will continue to log my progress at least until day 30 in hopes that it will help somebody just like somebody helped me. I really feel like this site is full of people I've known for most of my life. I've only been a member for little over a week though! When I read about people struggling with this or with that, I really feel like I am connected to that person. All of these stories are so encouraging and reading them makes me really feel like I connect with the writer. I hope you will keep logging your progress for us! When you feel weak, come onto this site and log your experience. Include every detail! I was blown away at how much positive support I got from my 1st post-- and it really helps keep you strong.

Remember that idle hands are the devil's playground. Keep yourself busy when you feel like your getting weak. Stay focused on your goal and all of the positive things that will come with your success.

You have come to far to to waste this much progress. You CAN do it! It will only get easier.

Keep on keeping on!
Sightblack

Likes Received: 29