Day 0 Quitting Weed

Postby CryptoRaider » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:14 am

Today I finished the last of my weed stash and am starting my quitting journey again. Reading this forum was a great help for me last time I quit.

I used to smoke casually but now it's taking over my life and I'm getting high all day long. I still am able to keep it together for work and home life but it's starting to get physically and mentally draining.

I want to get back into the things I used to enjoy doing before my weed addiction took over.

To assist me through this journey I will be exercising regularly and hydrating thoroughly to get the toxins out of my systems. I plan on posting on this forum at least through the initial week or so for my own accountability. I always say I'm gonna quit and keep putting it off. It's especially hard not the marijuana is legal in Cali and there's a weed stir in every corner.

Thanks for reading my rant, any advice is greatly appreciated. This is my time. I got this!
CryptoRaider

Likes Received: 5

Postby Freedomhfx » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:55 pm

Brilliant decision, my friend, and one you will never regret.

If I have any advice, it would be to persevere, believing that you will come out the other side feeling clear headed and interested in life once again. I did a lot of reading so as to understand the WTFs and the whys of the withdrawal process and how it was/is affecting me so that fear of the unknown wouldn't take me down. It's day 15 for me and I cannot believe how much my thought process has changed in just that short time. Last week I thought I was going to die but obviously that didn't happen. Mere days later, my thoughts are much more positive and hopeful.

The human body is amazingly resilient and from the moment you took your last toke, your physiological and mental rewiring began. It's not easy - these first few weeks, but everyone is different. You've been through it before, so you know this is an unfortunate part of the recovery process; however, you must be gentle with yourself, don't look back and although you might question your decision to quit when in the throes of withdrawal, breathe slowly and deeply 5 times - inhale slowly and exhale slowly. Focus on the air moving into your body and exiting your body. Slowly is the key. I find myself doing this a lot through the day when feeling anxiety and it helps.

No one can do the hard work for us. We are all on our own journey to recovery, but there are many here who will walk right along with you and pick you up when you feel that you cannot take another step. Is it easy? Nope. Is it worth it? I believe it is.

Sending you hope, understanding and strength. You CAN totally do this!!!!
Freedomhfx

Likes Received: 27

Postby Imgunnabeatthis » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:06 pm

Hello.

Im on day 6. You can do it. Do not wait or itll be 15 years and you'll be like wtf where did my life go.im serious. Weed will ruin your life like a tumour that grows untill its too late. The only words you need are **** weed. Yes its fun but so is heroin. There are no successful stoners any human masking their own feeling is weak like i was 6 days ago. These days are flying by after it clicked in my head to prioritize ME over MJ. Dont let a f***ing plant run your life. I believe in you because you are here. Post everyday. Do not be afraid you made into this world to live free not be a slave to a bloody plant. Peace and love.
Imgunnabeatthis

Likes Received: 4

Postby CryptoRaider » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:28 pm

Thanks for the tips guys, I appreciate it.

We'll day 1 was rough. I was sick as a dog and hoping this is not Marijuana related. Already coughing up a bunch of gunk, I'll take this as my body's way to heal my lungs. Glad day 1 is in the books and I'm looking forward to day #2 and beyond.

I downloaded an app called habit streak. I used this before and its motivating to see the days stack up.
CryptoRaider

Postby asgoodasitgets » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:29 am

@ Cryptoraider -

It is always empowering to read a post that illustrates the common themes we as smokers all face. Welcome to the forums and to the first day of the rest of your life. I was wondering if you would be kind enough to elaborate as to the background of your habit (how long, how much smoking/day) and what or why brought you here to this point in your life...why are you quitting, for example.

I believe you will find the first week without weed difficult, especially if you are a long time smoker. The good news is that every day after that becomes exponentially better. I am @ 2 weeks off as of today and I am feeling better every second. It's awesome that you are using an app to track your progress, I am using one called "sober time" and I have found it extremely helpful and motivational. As of right now this second, I have 335.44 hours free of weed and counting. It is super awesome to wake up each day and see the progress add up.

Keep posting, journaling, and fighting the good fight. Feel free to reach out and all the best! -Alex
asgoodasitgets

Likes Received: 98

Postby CryptoRaider » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:05 pm

DAY 2 Update!

The last 2 days have been hell for me. I feel so sick I had to call in sick at work both days . I got headaches and chills mostly along with some dizziness and light headed. I'm wondering if I happened to catch the Flu at the same time I quit smoking?? Probably not. I've been smoking weed daily for 15+ years and recently my addiction has taken over- ive been smoking before work on my lunch break after work etc all day.. I'm tired of feeling like crap and wasting my time energy and money on weed. F**K weed! I don't want to go through this again so I have to beat this NOW.
CryptoRaider

Postby CryptoRaider » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:46 pm

Day 3 Update.

Feeling much better today. Went to the Dr and it turns out I have a double ear infection so my illness the past couple days hasn't necessarily been withdrawal.

I leave for a cruise tomorrow so I won't have access to marijuana for a few days.

Looking forward to life weed free! Thanks for the support guys.
CryptoRaider

Postby asgoodasitgets » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:25 am

@ Cryptoraider -

Not sure if you planned it this way, but taking a mini-vacation could definitely be helpful. Hopefully removing yourself from your daily routine and habits will help to distract you from the quit you've begun. The first week can be challenging for most who have consumed regularly for several years or more, so make sure to reach out on the forums if you need help or motivation. I can't tell you how many times I had to come and re-read the same posts here over and over when I was feeling weak. I truly believe that interacting on the forums, journaling, and reading here is the most powerful tool in my quitting arsenal.

The withdrawal from herb is definitely powerful and it's basically why my first "break" years ago quickly became a 3-year quit. Problem is, once I started feeling better way back then and forgot how terrible the WD was, I was easily persuaded to get back into the lifestyle. Now once again, I am here with only 16 days behind me, except this time I am documenting the experiences publicly so I can go re-read all of this should I ever be tempted to stray again. Additionally, having the posts be public provide me with a certain level of accountability and camaraderie I would not experience if I just kept it all in my head.

Hope you have a great cruise and looking forward to hearing of your progress upon your safe return. All the best.

-Alex
asgoodasitgets

Likes Received: 98

Postby CryptoRaider » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:53 pm

asgoodasitgets wrote:@ Cryptoraider -

Not sure if you planned it this way, but taking a mini-vacation could definitely be helpful. Hopefully removing yourself from your daily routine and habits will help to distract you from the quit you've begun. The first week can be challenging for most who have consumed regularly for several years or more, so make sure to reach out on the forums if you need help or motivation. I can't tell you how many times I had to come and re-read the same posts here over and over when I was feeling weak. I truly believe that interacting on the forums, journaling, and reading here is the most powerful tool in my quitting arsenal.

The withdrawal from herb is definitely powerful and it's basically why my first "break" years ago quickly became a 3-year quit. Problem is, once I started feeling better way back then and forgot how terrible the WD was, I was easily persuaded to get back into the lifestyle. Now once again, I am here with only 16 days behind me, except this time I am documenting the experiences publicly so I can go re-read all of this should I ever be tempted to stray again. Additionally, having the posts be public provide me with a certain level of accountability and camaraderie I would not experience if I just kept it all in my head.

Hope you have a great cruise and looking forward to hearing of your progress upon your safe return. All the best.

-Alex

Thanks Alex. I had previously planned the vacation so that's why I timed my quit when I did so I wouldn't be able to give into temptation for a few days while I adjust. I'm now on day 7 and feeling good. This forum has definitely helped me, both this time and my previous quit. Last time just as an observer, this time as a participant. Thanks for the support. Wish you the best with your quit as well!
CryptoRaider

Postby CryptoRaider » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:40 am

On Day 10 now And feeling good. Been sleeping pretty well at night, haven't been having to bad of cravings lately. One thing I have noticed is I get really tired throughout the day, more so than usual. Also, my motivation has been lackluster at work this week.

It does feel good to be sober. I got to the point where smoking weed would just give me a headache and I'd feel like crap all day. So I'm glad I've gotten off it.

Just wanted to give an update on my progress. Hope everyone is doing well getting over their addictions.
CryptoRaider

Postby ChristinefromAUST » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:16 am

Imgunnabeatthis wrote: Do not wait or itll be 15 years and you'll be like wtf where did my life go.

I literally am crying as I read this. Hi I'm Christine. I'm 48 and on day 16 of quitting after 17+ years of daily smoking. I'm not coping at all, I'm so tired all the time feel like I've got a really bad flu virus and now I'm getting severe depression. Im questioning absolutely everything in my life, who I am, my relationship (not sure if I even love my partner) my job that I hate, the fact that I have wasted so much of my life avoiding my feelings and just getting stoned. I never got married, bought a house or had kids (not too sad about the 'kids' part of that) I'm quite intelligent, but I'm in a mundane job that I don't like. I've just taken 2 weeks off work while I start my recovery process but have to go back to work in 3 days and I just wanted to stay in bed and cry. Finding these forums has been like a god send ! I have no support and I feel like nobody really understands, so to stumble across your post was wonderful ! I hope you are still doing well with your recovery and would really enjoy an update from you all :-) cheers Christine
ChristinefromAUST

Likes Received: 6

Postby Mooster » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:48 pm

ChristinefromAUST wrote:
Imgunnabeatthis wrote: Do not wait or itll be 15 years and you'll be like wtf where did my life go.

I literally am crying as I read this. Hi I'm Christine. I'm 48 and on day 16 of quitting after 17+ years of daily smoking. I'm not coping at all, I'm so tired all the time feel like I've got a really bad flu virus and now I'm getting severe depression. Im questioning absolutely everything in my life, who I am, my relationship (not sure if I even love my partner) my job that I hate, the fact that I have wasted so much of my life avoiding my feelings and just getting stoned. I never got married, bought a house or had kids (not too sad about the 'kids' part of that) I'm quite intelligent, but I'm in a mundane job that I don't like. I've just taken 2 weeks off work while I start my recovery process but have to go back to work in 3 days and I just wanted to stay in bed and cry. Finding these forums has been like a god send ! I have no support and I feel like nobody really understands, so to stumble across your post was wonderful ! I hope you are still doing well with your recovery and would really enjoy an update from you all :-) cheers Christine

Hi Christine, i am new to this forum so probably cannot give you lots of advice, i am only on my first day of the journey! I just wanted to wish you good luck and to not put yourself down too much, 16 days is a fantastic achievement!! Keep it up and think positively, your outlook on life will only get more positive as you pull away from the daily thought of Cannabis use. Ps. i am with on wanting an update on this thread!!
Mooster

Likes Received: 0