My Journey from Lost to Found

Postby Freedomhfx » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:39 am

Liz, so happy to hear you are doing well and thank you for sharing. It is amazing how we do our damnedest to make relationships work by ignoring the glaringly obvious crap And resorting to the bud. Oh, I’ve been there, too. It seems that any time I’ve been ready to pull the plug on a relationship, I find myself using again; hence the on again off again relationship I’ve had with weed over the years. So good to hear that sleep is getting regulated for you. Gives me hope!! Something else I’ve been thinking about is the difference between my brain and my mind. When I feel crappy, I identify if it’s my brain regulating/healing or is it my mind doing some stinkin thinkin. It centers me and I feel a sense of control. It might seem like a weird concept, but it works for me. Sleep well and keep moving!!!
Freedomhfx

Likes Received: 27

Postby Freedomhfx » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:10 am

65 days, but who’s counting?! Things seem to be settling down. Headaches not as frequent and sleeping pattern is getting better but not the best. The sweats still suck but are lessening up. All in all, I can’t complain other than the fact that I just plain miss having a puff and escaping from my sh** from time to time.

Where I live, legalization of cannabis is weeks away with the target group being 19 years of age. You’ll be able to buy it in liquor stores. It will be regulated, but illegal distributors are pushing Shatter now. God help them all.

In terms of brain maturity, People are still children at 19. Brains are still developing until the age of 25. Breaks my heart to know how difficult it is to quit this and just how much this is going to change the lives of so many, not to mention the face of mental health care. Feeling thoughtful tonite, but determined. Stay strong!
Freedomhfx

Postby Freedomhfx » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:32 pm

3 months today. Twelve long weeks but never long enough, it seems. I should be proud of myself but I’m worn out with the headaches and sleep problems and I’m feeling lost and angry.

I have no regrets about getting clean and I dont want to get back to being a stoner, but I sure do wish I felt more interested in life than I am. It’s a beautiful day in my neck of the woods and all I can do is sit here hiding away from the world. PAWS, maybe? One day at a time.
Freedomhfx

Previous