Is this withdrawal?

Postby Coldturkey2018 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:18 am

Try listening to some music while you sleep and like focus on the noise produced in your ears may help a bit I listen to binaural beats most nights before I go to bed and I wake up some mornings not even remembering falling asleep
Coldturkey2018

Likes Received: 6

Postby owen86 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:04 am

I have found that literally nothing helps, if I'm not in the mood to sleep then that's it i don't sleep weirdly enough I don't really suffer from any lack of cognitive ability after a night of sleeplessness or a few days of only getting 2-3 hours a night. Last week I felt normal again for the first time in a long time and was getting 5-6 hours a night but then Sunday comes and bang I'm back to the insomnia which then brings on a bit of good old anxiety with it.
owen86

Likes Received: 11

Postby Coldturkey2018 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:16 am

Yeah, idk sleep has t really been a problem for me other than the vivid dreaming I’ve been having and also like waking up ever 4-5 hours it’s kinda annoying
Coldturkey2018

Postby owen86 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:08 pm

My sleep had kind of settled down just before Christmas was only having 1 night every other week where I would be up til 4am but since then it's been all over the shop. Last week was the best week I have had for months and it happened to coincide with stopping drinking a couple of beers every other day, could just be a coincidence but I had a beer Sunday and my sleep went tits up again. I did however have a lovely nighttime drive around the countryside for a few hours last night.
owen86

Postby Coldturkey2018 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:59 am

How is everyone’s day going so far ? Today I’ve felt exhausted like half of my day, and I woke up at like 4 this morning then fell backasleep, woke up again around 8:30 am. :roll:
Coldturkey2018

Postby jmh335 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:42 am

Back to the terrible sleep this week. The med I was taking (Trazodone) caused nasal congestion. This caused anxiety and my sleep has been sh**. Now I have a new med to try...

Also I just started an extremely demanding commission based job. On top of that I have full time school. So I’m busy from the moment I get up until bed. I also still have to find time to exercise like a mad man. So ya, I’m busy and I’m stressed.

Then the negative thoughts just pour in. I don’t breath well through my nose, this has caused me anxiety for a few years (when not smoking). So I convince myself that I have a huge problem that will prevent me from sleeping forever, even if I make it through paws. Then I start to think about how I’m going to do shitty at my new job and the opportunity won’t come again. Then I start to think about how am I going to have time for school which should be my number one priority. Total sh** show. Oh ya forgot to mention the brain zaps, impaired cognition, and headaches from coming off Lexapro (been taking for a month, kinda helped but also made some things worse).

I really hope paws is just making me over analyze my situation. From the outside I look more than fine. Job, school, girlfriend... on the inside I feel like one of Kim Jun Un’s sick torture test patient. But hey... gotta keep moving.
jmh335

Likes Received: 5

Postby Coldturkey2018 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:48 am

Yeah I know how you feel bro I have to deal with nasal congestion because I have a cat in my family that I’m also allergic to it’s sucks.
Coldturkey2018

Postby jmh335 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:54 am

Mines all the time for some reason. Some things like heat from a car or perfumes make it worse. Does yours get worse when you lay down? I feel like I’m the only person in the world who’s nose blocks up when they lay down. One side will get clogged then it switches to the other one.
jmh335

Postby jmh335 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:55 am

Do you guys think it’s just paws making me worry about this more?
jmh335

Postby Coldturkey2018 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:38 am

Yeah it’s probably just paws bro I’m pretty sure I’m suffering from paws as well and yeah at night when is when I get the most congested I wake up with a lot of sinus congestion in the mornings try sleeping with your head elevated at night might help abit
Coldturkey2018

Postby owen86 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:48 pm

Had a couple of good night's sleep last couple of nights and I am starting to feel like I am hopefully turning a corner finally. The best thing u can keep in your mind is that this is temporary and just your bodies way of telling you you've been a dick for the last few years eventually it will pass and in a few years you'll be looking back thinking wow that was a bit rough but damn I'm glad I quit that shithouse plant.
owen86

Postby jmh335 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:13 pm

Good to hear Owen. Hope I get to that point. Long way to go. I’m fully expecting 2 years of hell. Honestly I’m expecting a lifetime of hell. 2 years would be nice. Really hope to work on it this summer. Right now I’m still only a little over a month in. By summer I’ll be 3 months. And all that I will have to do is work. School is so shitty.
jmh335

Postby owen86 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:24 pm

I honestly don't know how long I am expecting it to last on and off but at nearly 6 months now I am feeling better and seeing improvements everyday. What really pisses me off is my father in law has just given up after nearly 40 yes of toking and he's had no withdrawal at all. Literally nothing. It's weird how it affects everybody differently and to different extents. I know one other person that went through mild PAWS but not for as long as myself. I do still strongly believe consuming alcohol prolongs the symptoms and enhances the anxiety. All you can do is focus on becoming a better more successful human being I have realised that weed dulls your ambition and limits your dreams of achieving things and I am really pissed at myself for just toking away 16 years of my life when I could have been sober and had twice the fun.
owen86

Postby Coldturkey2018 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:31 pm

Yeah, this whole process just sucks I want to be better but I always forget I've only been weed clean for like 35 days now i still got a little journey ahead of me, talking to you guys about my feelings etc.. does help a lot though and i appreciate it.
Coldturkey2018

Postby owen86 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:39 pm

It's good that you found the forum so quickly I thought I was going mental and dying for a good 4 and a half months lol until I randomly stumbled across the forum while on holiday at Christmas and everything clicked into place in my head it was like someone had written down what I was going through without me telling them. I think the worst thing about the whole bs experience is the massive lack of understanding and support from medical professionals, if I'd listened to them I would be off my tits on anti depressants and sleeping pills by now and still not know what was actually the matter with me. You'll soon be at 2 months which is a bloody good milestone to get to.
owen86

PreviousNext