Please help me in my marihuana withdrawal

Postby Chispita2990 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:03 pm

Hello my name is Francisco. First I would like to apologize for my english, i am from Chile and Im putting my best effort to express myself propperly thanks in advance, here it goes my story.
Im 26 years old and a very good student. I started to smoke marijuana everynight like since 9 months ago, small dosis, just the enought to relax before sleep. In november 23th my mom died after a 21 days coma. Since the coma (2/11/2018) i started to smoke several times a day (3-5 times) I sttoped smoking on January 25th 2018 in cold turkey. First 2 weeks were pretty normal, I never felt dessire to smoke but there was one day where I had cold, muscle spam and sweats I thought my sugar went down and I didnt gave more importance to that momment. But in the day number 13 of no smoking, that night was awful. High pressure 160/110 and over 100 heartbeats a minute, muscle spams, feeling cold and sweating so much.. it lasted 3 hours, at the next morning as soon I woke up I had the same feelings again so I went to the emergency room in my city, worried about the heart palpitation and high heart preassure. There was the first time I heard "Marijuana withdrawal" because I always thought marihuana was all bennefits, at least the tv says it... well then I started a witthdrawal diary giving a value to my feelings from 0 (means ok) to 10 (means i couldnt feel worst) and the days 13-14-15 were the worst with an average of 9.2 (feeling really bad) the followings days I felt better but I was so afraid in mornings, I had a real fear of i dont know what and I felt nervious at the same time, that feeling started to dissapear in the following days, I had some.other "withdrawals attacks" those days but lower in intensity but still scary.ones... last week I felt mostly fine and I thought I was riding out of this, I was feeling better getting ready to leave this behing lile a bad episode of my life, but last night was awful again, muscle shakes,cold, high presure 160/110, fear, cold sweat, feeling of cold even being with 5 shirts on me and in my bed... was awfull im really worried because it scares me so much... i been over 30 days now of no smoking and I still have this "withdrawal episodes" and i need to move.on with my life :( sometimes I feel so sad like this is never going to pass like ill die from this and will never achieve my goals... please share with me your experiences ill be glad... I had read a diary of Jhonliverstone or something like that I would like so much to have the opinion of him and tje one of all.of you i really need help
Chispita2990

Likes Received: 7

Postby Nomoreweed123 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:11 pm

Hello Chispita2990, i know exacly how you feel. I remember like 10 days ago that i was changing my shits 5 times per night. My bp was also high, like 150/90 most of the time. Physical symptoms will go away soon. It might take a week or two at most but its gonna be better ever day. It is also posdible that physical part is almost over.
What is important for you to understand right now is there might be a hard mental phase after that. Thats where I am now, 5 and 1/2 weeks since i quitted. You might feel deprrssion or/and anexity but dont freak out since that is a normal thing to happen and will also pass soon. Probably after afew weeks.
Just dont freak out, you will be fine soon.
I was using for 2.5 years and im slowly getting out. Using your scale im on 2 or 3 now. First 2 weeks were 11 out of 10.
Just stay strong, it will be over soon!
Nomoreweed123

Likes Received: 4

Postby asgoodasitgets » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:35 am

Hello Francisco and welcome...

It sounds like you are going through a rough time, I am so sorry, my friend. I am sending you lots of love and good energy...

You aren't going to die from withdrawal :) Every single second, hour, and day that passes, your body is healing. It sounds like you are experiencing some anxiety and possibly panic attacks, hence the elevated blood pressure and heartbeat. Based on the little I know of your situation, my best guess is that you are still emotionally processing some of the feelings you may have suppressed following the loss of your mother. I say this because when I quit, 33 days ago, I experienced a flood of negative thoughts and feelings, many of them centered on loss and tragedies I have experienced. Even though my own use had numbed these feelings, smoking really never made them disappear...it just put them on hold and that is why as soon as I quit they came back immediately.

My advice to you is to take it easy, don't be too hard on yourself. I quit once in the past and lasted for 3 years and I can absolutely tell you that there will come a time and day where you won't feel like sh** anymore. How long this takes depends on your level of usage, which for you isn't that long, so you should start feeling better here shortly.

Remember that withdrawal symptoms are **PROOF** that your body is healing. If you didn't have these side effects, how would you know that your body is searching for a new equilibrium? I might even take it a step further and say, be thankful for the withdrawal, embrace it. It proves your body isn't "stuck," it's attempting to find a new homeostasis.

I know it's not easy my man, trust me, I smoked 24/7 for basically 15 years. My world turned upside down when I quit. It gets better. Take some time to meditate and thank your body for its internal cleaning and healing systems. Eat well, rest, exercise and keep posting here for accountability. If you need anything, feel free to reach out directly I am happy to talk to you. Que le vaya bien!

-Alex
asgoodasitgets

Likes Received: 98

Postby Chispita2990 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:55 am

Thanks you nomoreweed123 and asgoodasitgets! Yeah im really worried because my mind is getting tired but I wont give up. This kind of replies makes me feel im going in the good way of recovering so thank you really much. I'll keep updating my status
Chispita2990

Postby Freedomhfx » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:04 am

Hi Chispita

I am so sorry for your loss. You have a lot going on, my friend. As others have said, it will get better as you adjust to becoming clean again. Just take it one minute or day at a time. And you will feel better very soon from the withdrawal symptoms.

Good luck and I’m sending good energy your way. Don’t give up. You are well on your way.
Freedomhfx

Likes Received: 34

Postby Chispita2990 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:02 am

Thank you Freedom. Everyword I recieve every experience people share with me makes me feel more relaxed about the situation hugs and thx to everyone that shares a word with me
Chispita2990

Postby Chispita2990 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:17 am

Today im 42 days of no smoking. I just had a panic attack right now (and still having it) but it is so much weak in intensity than the other panics attacks I used to have. I just feel a high heart rate (not scary enought like to check my preasure with the heart monitor) and some nerviousness... I went to the health center for people in withdrawal process and I was told that, in my case I had to restore a neurochemistry balance in my brain wich could take up to 90 days, and I was told to take some phills (dont know how to say it in english benzodiazepines I tjink) wich I denied to take. Im just trying to go throw. Yesterday I had my first 100% normal day wich im very happy for. So im half way of my recovery process I think. I believe its possible, im still afraid of dieing anytime suddenly and having those crazy thought about death and fear, but much less than before. Its a very unconfortable situation but it seems to be getting better and better, so for everyone I want to say just keep going. Keep fighting things will get better, maybe slowly maybe fast but you.will get there. Thanks to everyone that post replies for me it makes me feel a lot better
Chispita2990

Postby reckoning » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:40 pm

Chispita2990 wrote:Today im 42 days of no smoking. I just had a panic attack right now (and still having it) but it is so much weak in intensity than the other panics attacks I used to have. I just feel a high heart rate (not scary enought like to check my preasure with the heart monitor) and some nerviousness... I went to the health center for people in withdrawal process and I was told that, in my case I had to restore a neurochemistry balance in my brain wich could take up to 90 days, and I was told to take some phills (dont know how to say it in english benzodiazepines I tjink) wich I denied to take. Im just trying to go throw. Yesterday I had my first 100% normal day wich im very happy for. So im half way of my recovery process I think. I believe its possible, im still afraid of dieing anytime suddenly and having those crazy thought about death and fear, but much less than before. Its a very unconfortable situation but it seems to be getting better and better, so for everyone I want to say just keep going. Keep fighting things will get better, maybe slowly maybe fast but you.will get there. Thanks to everyone that post replies for me it makes me feel a lot better

HI Chispita2990

This is fantastic what you are doing. I am very happy to hear that such a young person as yourself ( 26) is so prepared to stop smoking. I am your opposite -62 - and I've spent many decades smoking- and I am on my final quit. Day 69. You are doing your life a very big favour by doing this now at your age. The more times you stop and start smoking it gets harder and harder so yes keep going. remember this if you ever get the urge to take it up again. I get the very high blood pressure too whenever I stop, it does eventually settle down. As you go along you will find that you will too become a better student. Imagine if you are now a good student being a better one. There is much goodness you can bring to the world and the world needs young people like you to be on a path that is best for you. Trust that you will come through. My bad thoughts and fear etc seem to be related to big sleep problems every time I quit. With so many quits I now just never sleep well. So I try to be aware when I am tired. And it's actually OK to be tired because you and your body are working hard at the moment as you say to restore neurochemisrry in your brain. Stay very proud of yourself for doing this and being prepared to reach out too to this forum and get help, it makes you strong when you connect with others. It is a big inspiration to me to know that young people are quitting. keep going and letting us know how you are getting along. Your English is very good.
reckoning

Likes Received: 62

Postby Nomoreweed123 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:09 pm

Hello again my friend. I have visited 2 most respectable doctors when it comes to mj withdrawal in my countrie (money is not the issue for me). They have both told me the same thing so im quite confident that it what ahould be done. They both prescribed me Zoloft to cope with withdrawal. It is antidepesant and i know many people are against it but it is the mildest of them all. There are no dangerous side effects and you cant get addicted to it at all (unless you decede to take multiple doses on your own-like with most of medication). Both doctors had so many patientns (we are talkking about thousands) and they said addiction rate is 0%. I should be on it for 3 weeks. Just don't be afraid of it and DONT SEARCH INTERNET about it. Just talk to professional. Dont get me wrong, its not a must by any means to use meds, but it with them only thing you get is much more "good days" in quitting process and you minimise chance for relaps due to very low mood most of the times. Syptoms come and go in waves so if you had good days, unfortunatly it dosent mdan you are good now. Just dont be afraid cause there is nothing to be afraid of. Im on day 4 of using and will keep you updated with my sitiation.
Cheers!
Nomoreweed123

Likes Received: 4

Postby Chispita2990 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:33 am

Thanks you nomoreweed and reckoning

I went to the psiquiatric this week and she gave me ravotril (clonazepam 1mg) wich i have to take 0.25 in morning 0.25 after lunch and 0.5 before sleep, and axorat 12.5 mg everynight and also a s.o.s phills in case 0i have panic attacks in the university or outside. Since in taking those phills i feel very good havent had any symptoms so far just been sleepy all day but nothing to strong. Im over 50+ days of no smooking weed so im becoming to feel happy again. Thanks to everyone who replied me so kindly in my process... now i feel very calm down and starting to move on with my life
Chispita2990

Postby Chispita2990 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:23 am

Today i had a bad day my bp went up to 167/110 several times i had to take a benzo (ravotril 0.25 under my tongue) its like i have 3-4 good days a week and 1 bad day wich is awful... i am in 50+ days no smoking. Anyone with a similar experience after 50 days no smoking?? Thanks to all
Chispita2990

Postby asgoodasitgets » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:50 am

Chispita - give it time, you are still early in the healing process. I would expect things to start normalizing for you around 3-6 months, just don't smoke again. Anxiety is a bitch, but if will eventually fade away. If you can, I'd recommend talking to a counselor as well. He or she could give you good advice in terms of dealing with panic attacks and developing some coping skills.

Just know it does get better. Don't give up! :)

-Alex
asgoodasitgets

Likes Received: 98

Postby exstonerinhell » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:58 am

Chispita2990 wrote:Today i had a bad day my bp went up to 167/110 several times i had to take a benzo (ravotril 0.25 under my tongue) its like i have 3-4 good days a week and 1 bad day wich is awful... i am in 50+ days no smoking. Anyone with a similar experience after 50 days no smoking?? Thanks to all

I'm at about 90 some odd days, and I have usually one good day in between 4-7 bad days, so in that regard you're doing much better than I am! Don't fret too much about your BP, it'll normalise as this process goes on, your brain and body are re-syncing up and that's all part of it. Be f***ing careful with the benzos. Good luck man, you'll pull through.
exstonerinhell

Likes Received: 77