Negative thoughts ruining me

Postby unknowwn » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:05 am

Since connecting better with myself, ive started to notice things about myself that in the past i used to just 'deal with' or 'ignore'. I realised something about myself that i dont necessarily like and i would like to know why this happens to me. For awhile now i go through phases where I feel very low confidence. They will come out of no where and i will start feeling like people that I talk to and am usually friends with suddenly dont like me anymore. When i feel like this i get thoughts that make me feel that my boyfriend is fake and he actually doesnt like me that much and that perhaps one day he will leave me. I feel as if people are against me and it affects the way i connect with people. When i dont have these phases i am usually happy and connect well with others however this 'phases' makes me distance myself from people because I fear/think that they are going to betray/hurt/backstab i basically feel like everyone is fake to me or theyre just acting and secretly hate me or something like that. I hate feeling this way and I have no idea why. As much as i try to think positive and reassure myself that none of this is true the little voice in my head just keeps telling me that no one likes me and i start to feel depressed because of this. When im in this phases If someone so much as acts a little cold towards me it amplifys the feeling when usually i would just think 'oh they must be having a bad day'. The thoughts are so strong and i hate it.
unknowwn

Likes Received: 0

Postby Imely » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:24 am

Try to get rid from negatives thoughts as soon as possible otherwise your life may be miserable day by day..
Imely

Likes Received: 1

Postby Candid » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:38 am

You have to replace them with positive thoughts. So you turn "No one likes me" into "Most people like me" and then you look for evidence of that. For example, someone talks to you. You record that as "this person likes me". Someone suggests you get together again later. You record that as "this person likes me enough to want to get to know me better". You suggest getting together again later, and the other person accepts. You record that as "I am likeable" and give yourself a pat on the back for your courage.

Takes practice, feels great. It's a good idea to keep a log of it until it's second nature.

If you get indications that someone doesn't like you, you record that as "meh, it's his problem". Because unless it's a misunderstanding, it really is. Keep in mind that "no one likes me" is a very common cause of distress, and it makes people behave rudely. You can be the change you want to see, in your own mind and in how you relate to others..
Candid
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 345