Question for long time quitters...

Postby Anxious_mary_420 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:22 pm

Exstonerinhell how are you doing have you managed to stay sober? Depression and anxiety was really severe for me too thought I was going to die actually sometimes wanted to but I kept going and now I’m out the other side. I was lucky some people suffer for more than a year some people just a couple of weeks. I’m 15 weeks sober and finally feeling great but I honestly didn’t think I would ever feel good again. Keep going man you got this x
Anxious_mary_420

Likes Received: 41

Postby exstonerinhell » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:42 pm

Hey Mary, thanks for checking in on me! Still sober, will update my journal! Glad to hear you're doing so good, that's awesome!!
exstonerinhell

Likes Received: 77

Postby BullFrog » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:28 am

What a great thread this has been. Just finished reading all the "long time quitters" success stories. It gives me SO much hope. Thank you all for responding! :)
BullFrog

Likes Received: 53

Postby shetty » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:02 pm

It will be two years this month since I stopped weed completely. I have zero cravings and I feel almost fine, there are occasional bouts of anxiety but these are very mild , manageable and are getting rarer as the days goes. However coming to the things that you enjoyed before you were on weed, I might have a different opinion. I have smoked since college on and off and smoked everyday for a few years before I quit.

Now since it has been 20 years since I first tried cannabis and this is the longest I have gone without it, I feel I might have been in a time trap while I was smoking up. The things I enjoyed remained the same throughout, I used to love hanging out with fellow smokers, play video games , binge watch TV shows.
Since I quit I do feel my interests are not the same, but it is just because I missed out growing up gradually and now I am in my late thirties all of a sudden. I am not saying I am not enjoying life, I love to do things now that are appropriate for my age.
So yes you might not enjoy the things that you liked before you stopped smoking up, but you can surely pick up new interests and enjoy life to the fullest. Hope this helps.
shetty

Likes Received: 3

Postby BullFrog » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:27 pm

shetty, thanks for sharing your journey! So glad to know you are almost completely "normal" now. You are an inspiration! :)
BullFrog

Postby mikeabbot » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:52 pm

Ok. I'm closing in to my one year without weed. What to say. It's been a weird experience. I feel fine for the most of the time, but still have issues with my legs. Like they're constantly tense or they burn. It'S annoying. I still feel that it may be anxiety related, cause all of my tests (diabetes, neuropathy etc... came out negative so it's clearly a withdrawal thing).

I don't feel anxious, but my doctor tells me not to worry about it and that it'l pass.

Again -> sports and being occupied with your life is what will get you out. I never though I would make it this far if you asked me these even a few months ago. But now we are here, closing in to 1 year and feeling great. :)

Keep on going!

All the best, Mike
mikeabbot

Likes Received: 23

Postby BullFrog » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:37 pm

mike, thanks for giving us an update! SO happy to hear you are doing so much better! I have heard from someone who used a quality magnesium supplement that it almost cured the leg pain problems. Have you tried that?

Again, thanks mike for stopping by and giving an update of your recovery. We need more people coming back at least once to give final updates. So many people never return.

Have a great week!
BullFrog

Previous