relapsing on weed after 2 months

Postby wolfson1311 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:32 am

hello everyone,

i just wanted to say hello since im new to this forum and share my problem. i relapsed after 2 months without weed. this is my 5th attempt. this is the longest i ever got. 2 months without touching it. im afraid that im back at the beggining now.

best regards
wolfson1311
New Member
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:25 am
Likes Received: 4


#1

Postby exstonerinhell » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:49 am

**** it, it happened. You can revisit this setback some other time when you're clean, but for now just keep pushing. You can either use this to cement the idea in your head that now is the time to quit or let it drag you down. It's up to you, I believe you can do it and I'm just some f***ing random internet stranger battling his own addiction.
exstonerinhell
Full Member
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:24 pm
Likes Received: 77

#2

Postby wolfson1311 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:06 am

youre right. **** it.

how long have you been clean?
wolfson1311
New Member
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:25 am
Likes Received: 4

#3

Postby exstonerinhell » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:10 am

wolfson1311 wrote:youre right. **** it.

how long have you been clean?


Around 90 days, don't remember the specific day I stopped all together.
exstonerinhell
Full Member
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:24 pm
Likes Received: 77

#4

Postby wolfson1311 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:19 am

thats great. from what i heard after 90-100 days you should be getting out of the woods slowly
wolfson1311
New Member
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:25 am
Likes Received: 4

#5

Postby exstonerinhell » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:25 am

wolfson1311 wrote:thats great. from what i heard after 90-100 days you should be getting out of the woods slowly


Yeah, I wish that were true. I've been a heavy user for a long time, so, while I've seen some progress, I'm going to be with PAWS for some time.
exstonerinhell
Full Member
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:24 pm
Likes Received: 77

#6

Postby wolfson1311 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:05 am

well, if nothing, it wont get worse. hang in there
wolfson1311
New Member
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:25 am
Likes Received: 4

#7

Postby exstonerinhell » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:14 am

wolfson1311 wrote:well, if nothing, it wont get worse. hang in there


Thanks, man, I will.
exstonerinhell
Full Member
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:24 pm
Likes Received: 77

#8

Postby Wave » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:12 pm

wolfson1311 wrote:i relapsed after 2 months without weed.


Well done for making it two months, if you can do the first two months, you can quit for good.

wolfson1311 wrote:this is my 5th attempt. this is the longest i ever got. 2 months without touching it.


I tried and failed loads of times, on like 5th or 6th proper attempt (about 13 months). Each time you fail you get stronger and it makes it easier when you quit again.

wolfson1311 wrote:im afraid that im back at the beginning now.


Everyone is different, but I look at it as I am not longer daily using, and not dependent on weed. I have slipped up a couple of times this quit but each time got back to it and that way was able to keep going with not smoking anymore. I am sure others see it in different ways but in my first 3-4 quits when I smoked again I was back to daily within 5 days. I feel I am not going back to that ever now as such a waste of time and energy, and feel so much stronger for it.

Why not say you are two months in with one slip up? It takes a good period to get fully back into your system so carry on with the quit and your all set!
Wave
Preferred Member
 
Posts: 763
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:47 am
Likes Received: 211

#9

Postby wolfson1311 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:07 am

I guess Youre right. I also feel that i wont be going back to the old way of living, but somedays when i dont feel that good and have problems, especially with my gf of 1 year, i think how good would it be to smoke some and forget about everything.
wolfson1311
New Member
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:25 am
Likes Received: 4

#10

Postby exstonerinhell » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:35 am

wolfson1311 wrote:I guess Youre right. I also feel that i wont be going back to the old way of living, but somedays when i dont feel that good and have problems, especially with my gf of 1 year, i think how good would it be to smoke some and forget about everything.


I understand, but you're putting a dependency on an inanimate object to solve your problems, while poisoning a very animate object, your mind and mental well being. It's a bit cliche but you're much, MUCH better off learning coping mechanisms within your own mind to overcome your obstacles in life as opposed to forgetting about them.

In the long run, the latter will serve you much better.
exstonerinhell
Full Member
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:24 pm
Likes Received: 77

#11

Postby reckoning » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:21 pm

I agree with exstonerinhell. I don't know how old you are wolfson1311? If you let this slip trip you up for another few years before you know it you could be in your 60's like me and still getting there. Do it, now is the best time. I so agree its how you frame this set back that matters.

Your gf of 1 year could, just as easily before you know it , be the gf of 14 years . In my experience while still smoking weed, you won't have worked out how to feel good about the person in front of you or even if that is the right person for you to be with. Weed makes you unhappy about yourself eventually and this is easily transferred onto how you see the people around you and your life situation too.

Good on you for putting it out here, into this forum though. Keep posting and reading. It's contagious if you stay with 'us randoms out here on the internet.'

There are so many benefits from not smoking and the trick is the benefits only reveal themselves after you have stopped, not immediately, but as a slow unfolding, because there is much to learn about yourself along the way.

Keep going, it won't take that long for you to pass your two month mark.

I've been doing quits for the past two decades and I could not be happier that today I am on day 82 and can see that three month mark coming up. This is my final quit because the older you get the more clearly can you see times arrow and it's only going in one direction. I know for certain that I will not be passing from this world wishing that I had given up weed because I am done with it.
reckoning
Junior Member
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:47 pm
Likes Received: 62

#12

Postby exstonerinhell » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:54 pm

Doh, I meant former not latter, don't know how to edit posts. :oops:

Edit - Ah, looks like you can only edit posts for a short time. :shock:
exstonerinhell
Full Member
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:24 pm
Likes Received: 77

#13

Postby wolfson1311 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:50 am

exstonerinhell wrote:
wolfson1311 wrote:I guess Youre right. I also feel that i wont be going back to the old way of living, but somedays when i dont feel that good and have problems, especially with my gf of 1 year, i think how good would it be to smoke some and forget about everything.


I understand, but you're putting a dependency on an inanimate object to solve your problems, while poisoning a very animate object, your mind and mental well being. It's a bit cliche but you're much, MUCH better off learning coping mechanisms within your own mind to overcome your obstacles in life as opposed to forgetting about them.

In the long run, the latter will serve you much better.



I know that. Hahahaha I know everything in theory, but when its time to apply that knowledge thats where i stumble.

But I will keep trying. I guess theres no going back now
wolfson1311
New Member
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:25 am
Likes Received: 4

#14

Postby wolfson1311 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:57 am

reckoning wrote:I agree with exstonerinhell. I don't know how old you are wolfson1311? If you let this slip trip you up for another few years before you know it you could be in your 60's like me and still getting there. Do it, now is the best time. I so agree its how you frame this set back that matters.

Your gf of 1 year could, just as easily before you know it , be the gf of 14 years . In my experience while still smoking weed, you won't have worked out how to feel good about the person in front of you or even if that is the right person for you to be with. Weed makes you unhappy about yourself eventually and this is easily transferred onto how you see the people around you and your life situation too.

Good on you for putting it out here, into this forum though. Keep posting and reading. It's contagious if you stay with 'us randoms out here on the internet.'

There are so many benefits from not smoking and the trick is the benefits only reveal themselves after you have stopped, not immediately, but as a slow unfolding, because there is much to learn about yourself along the way.

Keep going, it won't take that long for you to pass your two month mark.

I've been doing quits for the past two decades and I could not be happier that today I am on day 82 and can see that three month mark coming up. This is my final quit because the older you get the more clearly can you see times arrow and it's only going in one direction. I know for certain that I will not be passing from this world wishing that I had given up weed because I am done with it.



Im 22, but the thing is that I just heavent learned how to blow of steam. I work with my father in our company and I have been working a lot lately. And when i work my donkey off my retarded brain thinks that it is like i deserved to smoke weed, and cant explain to myself that it is not a reward.
wolfson1311
New Member
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:25 am
Likes Received: 4


Next

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to Addictions