Marijuana withdrawal

Postby Kbel1984 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:45 pm

Hi everyone.

I've been reading the forums during my recovery so I hit the point where I need to post.

Been smoking the last decade pretty consistently. Decided to quit as I didn't want to smoke anymore and it's been hell. I went 6 weeks could turkey and was not feeling good. Someone suggested I tapper so I started a once a week taper but it didn't help much.

Here I am 3 months into quitting. My tapper has hit the once every 2 week stage, overall I think I have gotten a little better but it's really starting to break me. My legs have been so stiff the whole time. Bad knee pain and the last two weeks it's been back and neck pain added in.

I've been going to the gym 5-6 days a week, eating good but my stomach is still uneasy and my engry level is very inconsistent but much lower overall.

Honestly I'm trying my best but I'm hitting the point where I might relapse, the anxiety has lowered but still there. Never has anxiety before this.

Is there anything I can do? Can't stop thinking about it!
Kbel1984

Likes Received: 1

Postby SoulFull » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:14 am

Hi there, good job, 6 weeks cold turkey. That's awesome.
I think I've gone through this stage with low energy and felt tired all the time. Also did workouts everyday and experienced a lot of pain in my knees. Is milk or any dairy products part of your diet? I find that constant Calcium intake helps in preventing this pain. Your energy levels may improve too, I'm feeling more energetic now especially with the occasional cup of coffee. Wanted to quit coffee too initially but decided that it's far harmless and a lesser evil compared to weed. Whatever it is, time heals. More time equals more healing. This is true for me and a lot of people here. Guess you'll need to find out whether or not this is true for you too, by not relapsing. Believe me, I've relapsed before, and it didn't do me any good. For me, one relapse may take another year of my life wake and bake everyday while I'm awake.

I had severe anxiety and lost all sense of worth during my 1st few months of quitting. I know for a fact that you'll keep on thinking about the anxieties you're having eventhough you know it won't do you good. I certainly couldn't stop those horrific thoughts from coming during that time, but managed to pick up tricks on how to control them. I have a thread here where I explain in detail how I did it (My Quit Weed Journey) but basically it's me imagining these anxieties in monster form and destroying them also with an imaginary punch. It takes practice bit it worked for me. If this doesn't work, try taking supplements. Vitamin C+Zinc and Omega 3 Fish oils worked for me.

Hope all goes well for you. Good luck!
SoulFull

Likes Received: 38

Postby exstonerinhell » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:19 am

It's a tough road, man. I don't know how much tapering is helping or hurting you to be honest. I think sooner or later you got to take the plunge and then just get on the long road to healing. It's brutal, but you have good days and bad days. Improvement comes at a snail's pace, but you do notice it after a while.

I'm not long into my quit, but the general consensus is it takes about 6 months for things to slowly start turning around. If you want to give it up, I'd say give it up and start working your way towards the sober you. There's only 2 ways to deal with this really, 1.) Go back to smoking or 2.) push through it, no matter your struggles.

Rooting for you, though, good luck and stay strong!
exstonerinhell

Likes Received: 82

Postby Kbel1984 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:05 am

Thanks to both of you, i have been drinking milk in the mornings when i eat with a multivitamin but maybe i should try more dairy and see what happens. just odd that my legs feel so stiff and painful. giving me some anxiety because it doesn't feel like i can stand sometimes. plus i was reading a lot of other stories and not one person had that feeling which is kind of odd that only i got it.

as for the taper i went to see a therapist and they told me a taper is fine as long i as i don't go back to smoking again because that's the main risk of it as it can really lead to a Relapse but for me i am not worried as i made a choice not to smoke anymore... the only thing that keeps kinda making me we want to smoke is the damn pain all the time but the taper has helped with the withdrawal a bit a guess.

thanks for the help, i'll try to stay strong and keep my mind off it if i can lol.
Kbel1984

Postby exstonerinhell » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:41 pm

i was reading a lot of other stories and not one person had that feeling which is kind of odd that only i got it.

Yeah, I've read em' all basically at this point and can't say I've ever heard that one. One thing is for sure, is that this affects us all differently, so maybe you're just lucky? But, you can't always write off everything to w/d, so on that one I'd check in with a doc, make sure something else isn't going on there. It very well could be withdrawal, but better to be safe than sorry.
exstonerinhell

Postby Kbel1984 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:48 pm

But, you can't always write off everything to w/d, so on that one I'd check in with a doc, make sure something else isn't going on there. It very well could be withdrawal, but better to be safe than sorry.

i did and they didn't find anything, said its most likely due to the withdrawal. its gotten better but still a little stiff here and there with some pain. but the last week or so my back and chest have had pain. pretty much every week its something new hahahaha.

i think i might be pushing to hard at the gym and doing more harm than good to my body at this point.
Kbel1984

Postby exstonerinhell » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:53 pm

Yeah, could be the working out. My body really fell apart during this withdrawal, have lost like 20 pounds despite the fact that I'm eating like I normally do. Well, eating healthier at this point but with the way I deteriorated at the beginning of this you'd think I just came off a 15 year daily heroin habit...
exstonerinhell

Postby Kbel1984 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:03 pm

oh i feel you man. i thought it was like the movies, go cold turkey for a few weeks and boom back to normal. its super hard, the worst thing is people don't even believe me. doesn't help that i have friend who smoke and they think its harmless.

i lost some weight the first few weeks as well, something that really helped was making my own protein shakes. grab some oats, PB, fruits and milk. mix it all up and you'll see the pounds coming back. i assume you are doing lots of cardio like i was.
Kbel1984

Postby exstonerinhell » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:09 pm

go cold turkey for a few weeks and boom back to normal

That's what happened for me the last time I quit, but that was also before I was smoking 20%+ buds all the time too. sh**'s getting out of hand in the THC department, and it's just bad for people now.

i assume you are doing lots of cardio like i was.

Was before and some during my quit, but jacked my feet up somehow and can't really even walk at the moment.
exstonerinhell

Postby Kbel1984 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:15 pm

Was before and some during my quit, but jacked my feet up somehow and can't really even walk at the moment.

same! i was going so intense that my ankles, feet and knees were in such pain. but if i don't work out i felt like death is coming so i just kept going... thinking about it now and it most likely hurt more than helped.

this really sucks. thank god for this forum which has given me lots of information to help during the tough time.
Kbel1984

Postby exstonerinhell » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:18 pm

Some good comradery here, most of us are going through the same struggle. Our scenery of the hell we're in may be different, but we're all in hell together.
exstonerinhell

Postby Kbel1984 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:24 pm

its true. once i get better maybe i'll make an app for the people here. something like a chat and database of things to help with the withdrawal. its a great support network with some very knowledgeable people.

even my therapist was kind of shocked out how much i knew about marijuana withdrawal. all thanks to this forum.

anyway here's to recovery! if i keep posting don't mind me. helps to talk about it with people who understand :)
Kbel1984

Postby exstonerinhell » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:38 pm

No worries, man, I'm about. Getting my donkey handed to me daily by my own withdrawals, so I'm lurking a lot. Good luck going forward man, keep at it.
exstonerinhell

Postby Kbel1984 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:42 pm

yeah so i had a horrible day monday. ended up in the ER after a bad panic attack. felt like i couldn't breath and my mind was racing so bad. since then have had no energy and having trouble eating, feeling so tired all the time now. this is just awful, but i least i learned it can't kill you which is a plus i guess lol.
Kbel1984

Postby jmh335 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:05 pm

This forum helps so much. Sometimes it feels like you are the only one that has this problem. Sometimes it feels like your problems are as bad as your mind is telling you.

Then you realize everyone actuallu has the same problem. Major anxiety. Each of us feels like death is right around the corner for some reason. This is honestly so crazy. What a harmless plant....
jmh335

Likes Received: 5

Next

Return to Addictions