Marijuana withdrawal

Postby Kbel1984 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:38 pm

Yeah it's really sh**. But on the bright side I think this may help me overall. I learned anxiety and panic attacks can't hurt you.its really just a sh** feeling, which obviously sucks but at the end of the day that's all it is.

I was watching a video with a therapist name Henry berry. Pretty much his advice was to face it head on otherwise you let it take control. Right after I went out to get a hair cut, just got back from the gym and I might go to the mall too. Honestly i was having anxiety but I stuck it out and actually do feel a little better from doing this! It's insane but I'm not gonna let withdrawal control my life anymore. It f***ing sucks but I don't care anymore about it because it will pass when it's time.
Kbel1984

Likes Received: 1

Postby jmh335 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:06 am

I’m finding the same. Honestly it’s the best part about going to school. I have to do something everyday. I could think of a million reasons not to do something and wait to feel better, but when something is due tomorrow you really have no choice lol.

It does help to stay busy, without a doubt. I’ve gained a love for window shopping with my girlfriend. You can really just take your mind off of things. I always HATED shopping so it’s weird for me. I also find that exercise helps, joining a gym helps even more. Seeing all of the people there forces you to work out and all of the attractive girls give you extra motivation lol.
jmh335

Likes Received: 5

Postby jmh335 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:08 am

Another thing, and this advice isn’t for everyone. I used to go to a therapist and eventually I discovered that it was holding me back. I wanted him to solve all of my problems. It makes it you feel a little better for an hour but then it’s back to the same. I quit going and find dealing with my own issues, and there is no secret, has really helped me.
jmh335

Likes Received: 5

Postby exstonerinhell » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:07 pm

Kbel1984 wrote:yeah so i had a horrible day monday. ended up in the ER after a bad panic attack. felt like i couldn't breath and my mind was racing so bad. since then have had no energy and having trouble eating, feeling so tired all the time now. this is just awful, but i least i learned it can't kill you which is a plus i guess lol.

sh**, man, that's brutal... what'd they say at the ER? Just give you some saline and some benzos and send you on your way? That's essentially what happened to me. Thought I was going f***ing bananas, had no idea weed could do THIS sh** to you.
exstonerinhell

Likes Received: 82

Postby exstonerinhell » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:09 pm

jmh335 wrote:Another thing, and this advice isn’t for everyone. I used to go to a therapist and eventually I discovered that it was holding me back. I wanted him to solve all of my problems. It makes it you feel a little better for an hour but then it’s back to the same. I quit going and find dealing with my own issues, and there is no secret, has really helped me.

I'm pretty much in the same boat, tired of saying the same thing to the guy over and over, "I'm suffering, sh** sucks, trying to make the best of it, being patient, blah blah blah" and he says, "Uh-huh, yep, yeah, you'll make it, blah blah blah"
exstonerinhell

Postby Kbel1984 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:14 pm

sh**, man, that's brutal... what'd they say at the ER? Just give you some saline and some benzos and send you on your way? That's essentially what happened to me. Thought I was going f***ing bananas, had no idea weed could do THIS sh** to you.

Yea pretty much told me I was having a panic attack. I didn't take any meds for it like they wanted I just kinda realized I have an anxiety issue and it calmed me down.

Over its pretty sh** but now at least I know what my problem is. So I want to work on the anxiety and it should help get over this.
Kbel1984

Postby exstonerinhell » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:41 pm

Kbel1984 wrote:

Yea pretty much told me I was having a panic attack. I didn't take any meds for it like they wanted I just kinda realized I have an anxiety issue and it calmed me down.

Over its pretty sh** but now at least I know what my problem is. So I want to work on the anxiety and it should help get over this.

For sure, this is all a process. Good on you for not going the medication route for now. Stay strong, man.
exstonerinhell

Postby Kbel1984 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:14 pm

For sure, this is all a process. Good on you for not going the medication route for now. Stay strong, man.

thanks! gonna do my best. the sh** thing is you don't know whats anxiety and what's withdrawal so i am just gonna accept the fact its anxiety at this point which is causing these issues.
Kbel1984

Postby exstonerinhell » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:23 pm

The anxiety that w/d can put you through is pretty f***ing intense, so I wouldn't discount it. My anxiety was BRUTAL the first couple months, but that's leveled off quite a bit at this point. I still get my moments, but I went from basically having all day panic attacks to a low grade anxiety.

I got a massage not too long ago, and like, I don't know if it kicked out some residual THC in my muscles/fat but for the next two days I was put back into the first month of my quit. It was a nightmare.
exstonerinhell

Postby Kbel1984 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:07 pm

exstonerinhell wrote:The anxiety that w/d can put you through is pretty f***ing intense, so I wouldn't discount it. My anxiety was BRUTAL the first couple months, but that's leveled off quite a bit at this point. I still get my moments, but I went from basically having all day panic attacks to a low grade anxiety.

I got a massage not too long ago, and like, I don't know if it kicked out some residual THC in my muscles/fat but for the next two days I was put back into the first month of my quit. It was a nightmare.

good to know, i was thinking about getting a massage for my sore back but i will hold off for now. how long are you into quitting? when did you notice the anxiety start to decline.

i am at 3 months now, with 6 weeks of tapering very little like once a week and then once every 2 weeks, but now no more taper as i think it was holding me back a bit.
Kbel1984

Postby exstonerinhell » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:45 am

Kbel1984 wrote:
exstonerinhell wrote:The anxiety that w/d can put you through is pretty f***ing intense, so I wouldn't discount it. My anxiety was BRUTAL the first couple months, but that's leveled off quite a bit at this point. I still get my moments, but I went from basically having all day panic attacks to a low grade anxiety.

good to know, i was thinking about getting a massage for my sore back but i will hold off for now. how long are you into quitting? when did you notice the anxiety start to decline.

i am at 3 months now, with 6 weeks of tapering very little like once a week and then once every 2 weeks, but now no more taper as i think it was holding me back a bit.

I'm about 3 by my best guess... not really sure, not totally clear on the last time I toked. It's weird, I quit cause I was getting some anxiety, not huge panic attacks like some people get but it was unpleasant so I stopped. Basically I 'stopped' early December, but toked maybe once or twice in early January. It was a weird series of events that led to my quitting, really, and it more or less happened accidently, though I DID want to stop. Just never knew what I was in store for.

Having gone through these early stages of PAWS though, I'm not going to wait to have a massive panic attack to force me to stop now, and I never want to go through this sh** again. It's the WORST.

I would say my anxiety started to taper off just within these past few weeks, so I can't say I'm out of the woods with it, but it's definitely less intense.
exstonerinhell

Postby Kbel1984 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:32 pm

my doctor gave me a SNRI called Prestiq, said it will help till my brain readjust's without weed. haven't taken it yet as i am going to try St Johns Wort first seeing how they kinda do the same thing.

yeah the PAWS has been pretty sh**, i was feeling pretty good like i was getting better till i had my panic attack. i guess tapering off didn't help much.

anyone have experience with St Johns wort or Prestiq?
Kbel1984

Previous