6 and a half months free of weed

Postby owen86 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:21 pm

Yeah the only problems I have encountered are heightened anxiety after a sleepless night but I can usually get about 4 hours when my brain keeps me awake and have only not slept at all for 3 nights in the last 6 months. I just watch tv till I feel tired now or get up after half an hour of not falling asleep and it doesn't bother me as much as it used to. I have just accepted that it's something I have to go through to get back to normal again. I know people who get far less sleep than myself and function absolutely fine and have done for years so I'm not letting it bother me so much nowadays it's more bloody annoying than anything else
owen86

Likes Received: 11

Postby Bagobones » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:44 pm

Thats good.
As for wierd anxieties after quitting, I had one that went away too, that did not bother me much, but it was as you say bloody annoying...

I have skydived alot, like 5-600 jumps from planes and maby 10 jumps from cliffs (Not ONE jump sober!! NOT ONE! hehe). I also did mountain climbing sometimes. Snowboarding too, walking some really scary places with big cliffs to get to the powder fields... During my quit I had a fear of heights, for the first time in my life.. My friends deck in his appartment is on 30th floor of a building, and i did not dare to go out there at all.. Got cold sweats and flashbacks to bad jumps from the past. It went away though, and now I am back to my good old self that can sit with my feet dingeling from a 2000 feet cliff... :)
Bagobones

Likes Received: 142

Postby owen86 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:08 pm

Funnily enough I used to work at heights but smoking weed made me more and more paranoid about being up high so I had to jack it in and get a new job, which to be fair was a good shout as it ended up leading me to running my own business. The fear of heights still remains to this day though and anything above about 6 or 7 metres off the ground I lose my backside, maybe I'm just getting older and realise I am not invincible anymore. Although it would be quite nice to go up in a hot air balloon with my missus at some point
owen86

Postby Coldturkey2018 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:28 pm

For the past 2 days I’ve felt so sore my back and my chest both pretty stiff hopiing I’m feeling a little bit better seeing how my birthday is in 2 days were any of you guys kinda sore sometimes in your early stages of quitting ? I know apart of it is probably from working out at the gym but man does it suck makes me have no energy.
Coldturkey2018

Likes Received: 6

Postby owen86 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:04 pm

Yeah mate my legs ache when I don't get much sleep and my chest aches on and off I hear this is due to your body getting rid off all the resin in your lungs but I am going to get it checked out anyway as it's really starting to piss me off. This week's been tough man anxiety most days and crap sleep every other night, today has been the only really good anxiety free day probably because I spent it with my mates fishing and didn't have time to sit and think about all this b*****ks. I also learnt that one of my mates is going through exactly the same crap which makes me feel better about it. (He is about 6 months ahead of me and his insomnia is down to about 1 night a month.
owen86

Postby Coldturkey2018 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:07 pm

Ugh last night I had a few beers woke up this morning feeling like garbage feel pretty light headed and stuff don’t know if that just a hang over but I feel like I do some days from the withdrawals
Coldturkey2018

Postby owen86 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:55 am

This is exactly the reason I have sworn off alcohol for the time being, even if I only had 1 beer it would ramp up my anxiety the next day. Since stopping everything has definitely got better sleep wise and anxiety wise. Pain in the backside really cause I would quite like to be able to go and have a beer with my mates like a normal person but for the time being the repercussions aren't worth it so I'm just sticking to drinking coke if I'm in the pub. Hopefully over time this will go away and il be able to have a beer without feeling like sh**. Strangely enough I tried non alcoholic beer and it had exactly the same effect as normal beer
owen86

Postby Coldturkey2018 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:27 pm

Yeah I think I’m gonna stay away from alcohol for a while now as well cause yesterday afternoon all I did was sit on the cocuch watch tv and pass out on and off
Coldturkey2018

Postby owen86 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:31 pm

It's probably a good idea they don't call it a poison for no reason and it's only beer anyway being drunk always made me feel like sh** even before this crap started so was always going to be worse I suppose. Hows your sleep?
owen86

Postby Coldturkey2018 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:43 pm

Sleep has been improving alittle I’ve stoped waking up around 3 or 4 in the morning and now just always wake up around 8:30 in the morning now hope fully it stays like that I hate having to try and fall asleep again early in the morning like that how about yours?
Coldturkey2018

Postby owen86 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:50 pm

Been pretty good last couple of nights fell asleep around 11 and got up at 5.30ish. still woke up a couple of times last night but think it was just the ridiculous amount of rain that was coming down outside bloody noisy. Could do with the nice weather returning really always feel better when it's sunny
owen86

Postby Coldturkey2018 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:56 pm

Yeah the weather has definitely taken a tole on my mood as well it’s suppose to be spring where I am right now and we are still getting snow :/ can’t wait for the warm weather to arrive I really want to go on late night bike rides and just enjoy the fresh air
Coldturkey2018

Postby mikeabbot » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:30 pm

Can't believe you're saying this. It's exactly the same with me.
Even-though I feel OK in general I still have anxiety issues, particulary legs - they just feel weird. But only when I'm lying down, trying to relax. This is also the moment when I start overthinking about stuff. I think is related. It must be, because I have no other health issues. I also started getting these weird midnight cravings every now and then.

On the other hand - you said beer makes you feel weird. To me it's the same. I can drink anything else, but beer man...I feel terrible for the 2-3 days afterwards, even if it's just a pint or two.

Overall, I'm almost at 7 months and by now my good days streched to 3-4 a week. At 6 months it was 2-3 days.
I think the progress will be much faster when this anxiety goes away.

Being active helps so much!!! I stopped taking omega 3, magnesium and B-complex vitamins last week and so far i feel the same with or without them.

Let's see what the next month brings.

Cheers!
mikeabbot

Likes Received: 25

Postby owen86 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:08 pm

Hi Mike yeah I have cut down on the omega 3 and magnesium now as I feel ok without it in fact feel better when I'm not taking it now although it helped massively in the first place. I'm the same with beer as soon as I drink a pint I can literally feel my brain start to buzz and then i won't sleep and feel crap for at least 3 days with anxiety etc. Hoping I can get back to the days of having a beer or two in the summer with my mates but I'm guessing this will come with time
owen86

Postby Coldturkey2018 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:46 pm

I still suffer from the depression part of paws a lot to be honest I guess I shouldn’t even realy be drinking in the first place but I wanted to have a few drinks with a couple of buds I don’t know how long it will take for my depression to peak but I’m almost certain the depression came from abstinence of marijuana.
Coldturkey2018

PreviousNext