Weed Withdrawal 4 1/2 months

Postby Robb1e_g » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:25 pm

Hey everyone, it's been a crazy rollercoaster ride, just looking for reassurance.
I smoked very potent thc wax for about a year and quit due to trying acid and having a pretty bad trip. That day I quit cold Turkey along with nicotine at the same time. Probably not the best idea but I was so scared of what had happened to me that night that I knew it was time for a change. I'm 19 years old.
I've posted a few times before and I've seen many improvements so far. Once I hit around four months I had about a 10 day period of feeling around 70 to 90 percent better! It was the best I had ever felt since I quit. But about maybe 3 days ago it got bad once again. Through the whole recovery I've felt chronically fatigued, and I feel depression has really set in as In the beginning it was not very present. It was mainly severe anxiety and intrusive thinking. Now my intrusive thoughts are just very negative and scary, I know the thoughts are not who I am at all but its mainly just thoughts of not feeling able to live, it's so distressing I hate it. I hope someone can relate because none of this existed prior in my life at all before quitting weed. Especially these feelings of not feeling real and feeling like I'm on autopilot not actually experiencing things. Not being able to always feel any good feelings. Its crazy and I hope I recover. I'm afraid the wax I smoked was just so strong it was like 90 percent thc. I would love some reassurance and I just want to make a full recovery and give back to the people who matter and give back to others who are struggling with withdrawal.
Robb1e_g

Likes Received: 35

Postby Coldturkey2018 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:38 pm

Hey dude your not in this alone I was also smoking concentrates 90% thc my last few weeks before I quit and also little planks of hash on top of my tokes soemtimes to and it’s just f***ed me up hard I’m only about 2 months into it unfortunately and the last months was like hell honestly I never had depression or bad anxiety like I have had recently ever since I quit smoking so this is all brough on from the high amounts of thc I was pumping into my body for sure hang in there dude you will get through it
Coldturkey2018

Likes Received: 6

Postby Robb1e_g » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:21 pm

Hey coldturkey, I'm glad you can relate, unfortunately months 2 and 3 were the worst of it for me, but as soon as month four hit i saw improvements but it just comes in waves it's like nothing makes sense in life to me I question literally everything you can question about life death existence all that sh**, I love put my faith into christianity though and have learned a lot about God and it has helped a lot. If you are looking for evidence for any religion watch Frank turek on YouTube about God it's great, best of luck man we will get through this
Robb1e_g

Postby Robb1e_g » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:08 pm

@coldturkey2018 do you deal with intrusive thoughts or dp/dr at all? Like just intrusive thoughts of feeling doomed or something not right or just intrusive thoughts of suicide? I'm not suicidal by any means I think that's just terrible but maybe it just disturbs me so much that the thought of it makes me almost panick and feel just sick to my stomach. I hope it goes away. There will be times and even days where it doesnt bother me at all and then some moments or days where it feels real.
Robb1e_g

Postby Coldturkey2018 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:37 am

Yeah I have obsessive thoughts a lot and my anxiety makes me feel like sh** I always feel like I might have some sort of illness that I’m dying or something and I feel like life’s just over for me and I have to remember that it’s just my mind making me feel like that but sometimes it’s hard.
Coldturkey2018

Postby Coldturkey2018 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:41 am

Or even sometimes I’ll be walking down the street or something and just thoughts a death will run through my brain and it makes me feel depressed and anxious it’s really shifty
Coldturkey2018

Postby Robb1e_g » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:47 am

There's no way this will last, thanks for talking man @coldturkey2018
Robb1e_g

Postby neuroplastic » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:56 am

Now my intrusive thoughts are just very negative and scary, I know the thoughts are not who I am at all but its mainly just thoughts of not feeling able to live, it's so distressing I hate it

It's really crazy how we are experiencing the same steps. Intrusive thoughts are a main concern to me as well, not because of the fact that they are unwanted (everybody does have intrusive thoughts) but more because of the anxiety they bring, and the following feeling of getting stuck in a loop... Ahhh the brain. Wonderful piece of nature, yet our instrument of torture these days. Bear in mind that intrusive thinking is just an opportunity for your brain to focus on something "wrong" while you've been experiencing anxiety for months... This is what I am trying to work on. To dissociate intrusive thinking and actual anxiety. It helps a lot realizing how one fuels the other. Have faith that one day this vicious circle will break.
Two things you can do - in my opinion - to help :

- Don't reject any thoughts, no matter how intrusive they seem. If it brings anxiety, experience it with as much "neutrality" as you can. This technique is basically desensitization. It's not magic but it really helps in reducing the spikes of anxiety.
- Try taking some N-Acetyl Cystein supplement (NAC). It's really full of amazing properties, one of which is managing glutamate neurotransmitter in the brain (excitatory one). The effects on mood and anxiety have been proven through numerous studies. It's not magic either, but it might help. It does for me.

Keep it strong
Cheers
neuroplastic

Likes Received: 8

Postby Robb1e_g » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:10 pm

Hey @neuroplastic thanks for the reply, glad to see someone else is going through the same things as me especially at the same time. Lol have to give that N-Acetyl Cystein a look, I've heard that going through weed withdrawal is much like going through antidepressent withdrawal (never taken antidepresswnts before as I've never been anxious or depressed prior to wothdrawal)
Robb1e_g