Quitting weed - 20 days so far

Postby 1065884 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:40 pm

Hey guys, I stumbled across this site tonight on my 20th day weed free! I’ve really struggled to resist picking up tonight, for a number of reasons: Firstly I went out For Easter and have a hangover ( which I always ‘cured’ with weed) so due to association I kinda felt I needed it to take the edge off! Another reason is due to me being absolutely exhausted, despite sleeping loads, which has made me just want to have a spliff and have a good nights sleep! The finally reason is my temper, I have been so angry the last couple of days, especially at work and I kinda talked myself into believing I need a spliff just to calm me down, as it makes me a nicer person! I know this is all withdrawal and it will calm but it’s so difficult, as your brain tricks you into believing weed isn’t bad, and that I’ve had so long off what would be wrong with having some just tonight! When I got home from work I sat in my car for about half hour trying to talk myself into picking up, however because I have come so far that little voice in the back of my head helped me resist!
First thing I’m wondering is how long does the anger last? When do your emotions start levelling out? I also crave how I felt the first few days of quitting, where I felt amazing! However over time that feeling goes and I have just started feeling normal again (I.e abit sh** ha) ! Anyone else relate to that?
I would like to thank you guys though, as when I got in I started googling about whether a weed addict can smoke occasionally ( to try and persuade myself it was okay so I could go and pick up)! However instead I stumbled upon this forum and that’s what changed my mind about picking up so I would like to say thanks!
For anyone who hasn’t got this far, I would say my biggest motivator when I’m struggling, is to imagine the great feeling I have in the morning, where I wake up with energy and have loads of motivation! Oh and I have also lost my sex drive since I quit, please tell me that will come back soon ha! Peace x

Likes Received: 0

Postby Coldturkey2018 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:21 am

Your sex drive will come back with time happens to a lot of us my first month and a half I had no interest in sex or masterbating also I’d recommend staying away from googling any symptoms or like whether t would be okay to do this and that you should just stick to it and keep going know that it’s just withdrawals making you think/feel this way.
Coldturkey2018

Likes Received: 7

Postby 1065884 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:26 am

Cheers fo your reply! i knew I was only trying to validate picking up because of the withdrawal! I stayed strong anyway so I’m now on 3 weeks! It’s horrible, them nights where you feel like your battling yourself not to pick up! I also had another terrible nights sleep, so when I finish work at 3pm today I know it’s gonna be another big battle, as I just wanna get in bed and mong out! Tbh I kinda thought by this time the cravings would be a lot fainter, however I have just gone back to work so it’s probably a routine thing that’s intensifying it! Haha that’s okay then, as long as it comes back to full force soon!
Btw I hope I’m not putting you guys off who ar just quitting, there are slot of positives to go with it: I have been really productive since I quit, started applying for graduate jobs and passed an assessment day last week! I felt so confident and my words were just coming out better! I’m also a lot more chatty at work and just generally less of a Zombie just trying to make it through the day so I can chill! My house had also been tidy for the 3 weeks and I’ve also done some decorating! So I have to say the pros are definitely outweighing the cons! Oh and my Bank account is looking pretty healthy for once!

Likes Received: 0

Postby Coldturkey2018 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:04 am

That’s good to hear I hit 2 months yesterday and unfortunately things haven’t been that easy for me the second month was like almost the worst for me I swear the depression and anxiety has just left me drained although my sleep has been somewhat good I find my self waking up multiple times through out the night hope your battle only continues to get better cheers.
Coldturkey2018

Likes Received: 7